Soderberg is ready to go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Soderberg is ready to go!

Claude says that Soderberg has been cleared to play. Do you guys think we'll see him in the lineup Saturday night? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Soderberg is ready to go!

If the Yeti is ready Caron sits.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Anyone want to bless the fertility of a Soderberg-Marchand union?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Maybe Caron could play Thornton's spot on the 4th line for a few games?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I sure hope the Yeti can bring some offense...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Hmmm, I was kind of thinking that Claude would bump Marchand back up to the 2nd line and reunite the Soderberg/Kelly/Smith 3rd line that seemed to have some good chemistry going (not that it was bad with Caron). Can't wait for Sat night!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'd be thrilled if the skating clown sat and Caron took the slot.  Caron was next to invisible at the Panthers game, but he did have one heavy hit right in front of us.  Put him on the fourth line, take all the pressure off of him.

"Jordan, I want you to understand that you are replacing the worst player on the team.  You have to skate better than an AHL goalie, pass better than a DivIII freshman and be in correct position better than a 16 year old boy in the back seat of his car for the first time."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's cold.

Caron's been much better this year.  To the point that I was wondering if Soderberg would draw back in as soon as he's healthy.  I guess we'll know in a few hours?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Hmmm, I was kind of thinking that Claude would bump Marchand back up to the 2nd line and reunite the Soderberg/Kelly/Smith 3rd line that seemed to have some good chemistry going..." - 'madhouse27'

This is what I'd also like to see happen. Whether it's because of the absense of Smith or not, the Third Line has looked very '2012' the last coupla games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Do we still need Thorn to maintain other teams AH !!!!!!!!!! no, but to see Soderberg on the 4th RW position for a couple of gms. will be better.

Keeping the third line with Smith Kelly Caron and Paille Campbell Soder ( a natural center man) for the next 2 away gms. will be my personal want. 

Still the season is early and this is the time to revamp a team and put some prospects in the line up to evaluate or / showcase for other managers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Madhouse27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hmmm, I was kind of thinking that Claude would bump Marchand back up to the 2nd line and reunite the Soderberg/Kelly/Smith 3rd line that seemed to have some good chemistry going (not that it was bad with Caron). Can't wait for Sat night!

[/QUOTE]

1.  Marchand has done nothing to earn his old slot back.

2.  Sod/Kel/Smith chemistry?  Is that from preseason games?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Caron's been much better this year.  To the point that I was wondering if Soderberg would draw back in as soon as he's healthy..." 'Bookboy007'

I was wondering the same thing , mostly when reading Julien's body language on the subject - we already know he's loathe to make any changes, even after the flimsiest of wins - one gets the feeling that Claude might take a while to warm to the likes of Soderberg.

But, we do know, Reilly Smith can't play on 3 lines at once. He's not THAT good!

And despite what 'boboreilly224' says, Soderberg is not for the 4th Line. It would be smart to let Caron replace Thornton for a game or two

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Why should Soderberg automatically take someone's spot ? I know it's only a small sample size but he looked horrible in the games he did play last season and also didn't have a great pre-season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"2.  Sod/Kel/Smith chemistry?  Is that from preseason games?" - 'Not-A-Shot'

Yes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

It means that if Soderberg/Kelly/Smith - find their "Pre-Season chemistry' then Julien will have something he's wanted since last year; a balanced attack

It means that if Marchand isn't 'happening'  - hence the #2 Line isn't 'happening' - Claude doesn't have to start rearranging the deck chairs to the detriment of both lines. Julien would still have his potent 3rd Line to pick up the scoring slack.

A solidified 3rd Line is really important - it shouldn't be the repository for broken toys

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Sodergerg is not an impact player.  Iggy is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Why should Soderberg automatically take someone's spot ?.... and also didn't have a great pre-season." - 'jpBsSoxFan'

Wrong. Whether it was because of his linemates Kelly and Smith, I dunno, but he did have a great pre-season. Those guys clicked for a coupla game winners and their line was kept in tact almost throughout the Pre-Season. It was partly that line's obvious and instant chemistry that made the case for Smith making the team over some fierce competiton.

All this said, and hard as it is to write, I predict that Claude will sit Marchand tonight.

Soderberg/Kelly/Caron

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Forgot about Caron's 'maintenance day' yesterday - hmm

Marchand/Kelly/Soderberg ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Why should Soderberg automatically take someone's spot ?.... and also didn't have a great pre-season." - 'jpBsSoxFan'

Wrong. Whether it was because of his linemates Kelly and Smith, I dunno, but he did have a great pre-season. Those guys clicked for a coupla game winners and their line was kept in tact almost throughout the Pre-Season. It was partly that line's obvious and instant chemistry that made the case for Smith making the team over some fierce competiton.

All this said, and hard as it is to write, I predict that Claude will sit Marchand tonight.

Soderberg/Kelly/Caron

[/QUOTE]

You have to factor in the level of competition in the preaseason vs. regular season as well

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Soderberg's gonna have an uphill battle here, you can just sorta feel it. Smith isn't carrying similar burdens of expectation and is playing like it - loose, effective.

But, they have to let him make that climb or do something else with him. I for one hope that he fits right in and helps to make a potent and always-surprising 3rd Line - the kind that can win you Cups, merely because your opponent has no answer for it, he can't line-match three! scoring lines

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

If Soder is ready Claude should sit Thornton, but he might want to "punish" Marchand. If he sits Caron he will undermine any confidence the 21 year old has developed and shown[ what a waste, Claude].

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd be thrilled if the skating clown sat and Caron took the slot.  Caron was next to invisible at the Panthers game, but he did have one heavy hit right in front of us.  Put him on the fourth line, take all the pressure off of him.

"Jordan, I want you to understand that you are replacing the worst player on the team.  You have to skate better than an AHL goalie, pass better than a DivIII freshman and be in correct position better than a 16 year old boy in the back seat of his car for the first time."

[/QUOTE]

That's quite unfair to AHL goalies, DivIII freshman and 16 year old boys.  apologize.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Soder is ready Claude should sit Thornton, but he might want to "punish" Marchand. If he sits Caron he will undermine any confidence the 21 year old has developed and shown[ what a waste, Claude].

[/QUOTE]

punish Marchand?  Or maybe let him heal?  He just might be injured.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Scratch Marchand or Thornton.  Actually, Thornton has to play because he needs to fight either Crombeen or Labrie.

Oh man.  Labrie.  He's just one of the biggest goons ever.  And he sort of looks like Ogie.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:[QUOTE]

Maybe Caron could play Thornton's spot on the 4th line for a few games? [/QUOTE]

Yep we can dream!

Still waiting for Iginla's impact Hang.