Soderberg odd man out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Soderberg odd man out?

I thought Peverley would sit when Horton and Jagr came back for the playoffs... Soderberg has looked aweful without Jagr.. Which makes me think that he looked like a possible offensive threat with Jagr. Without, he's a dud.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Soderberg odd man out?

Soderberg is the new whipping boy now?

Come on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to POWERSURGE's comment:

I thought Peverley would sit when Horton and Jagr came back for the playoffs... Soderberg has looked aweful without Jagr.. Which makes me think that he looked like a possible offensive threat with Jagr. Without, he's a dud.

Yeah, let's sit a player with some actual skill. I'm sure braindead CJ will actually consider it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Too many tickytack penalties from Soderberg, and I have yet to see signs of that pure goalscorer instinct for a guy who led the SEL.  Can't exactly rip the guy, and he's not the reason they've struggled to score, but he's still a work in progress.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Skill?? Sorry but maybe on european ice, but not on NHL ice. I'm not saying he's not talented, but he has not made a difference in any games, including the powerplay. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

And this is no whipping post....Come playoff time, Peverley,Thornton,Kelly,etc, have currently more to offer than Soderberg.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Skill?? Sorry but maybe on european ice, but not on NHL ice. I'm not saying he's not talented, but he has not made a difference in any games, including the powerplay. 

Yeah, skill, and when he gets more playing time it will show. He's probably only comfortable with Jagr at this point but you can see he's got good hockey sense. Plus he looks fresh. Not many others do right now. Sit Horton until someone gets hurt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Fresh?? Believe me, he looks ripe for a fresh view in the box..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Fresh?? Believe me, he looks ripe for a fresh view in the box..

Who on this team doesn't?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

He might be a decent player eventually,but not ready yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Peverley is the one who should sit and no one else, he doesn't deserve the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Too many tickytack penalties from Soderberg, and I have yet to see signs of that pure goalscorer instinct for a guy who led the SEL.  Can't exactly rip the guy, and he's not the reason they've struggled to score, but he's still a work in progress.

I agree.  Scorers usually shoot the puck.  It's what they do.  He has five shots in five games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Soderberg is the new whipping boy now?

Come on.

Why shouldn't he sit?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Peverley is the one who should sit and no one else, he doesn't deserve the playoffs.

You mean the guy who scored tonight?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

You mean the guy who scored tonight?

2nd goal in 21 games, yah put him in he deserves it. What a one game in a row hot streak!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't see how the Yeti deserves it more than Pevs?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I gotta believe if Horton is ready to play Soderberg sits. Again thats if he's ready to play. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Jagr for Thornton.

Horton for Soderberg.

Daugavins slides down to play with Jagr and Kelly.

Peverley, Kelly, Daugavins and Horton fight to keep Soderberg out of the lineup.

There are more guys on this roster fighting for a playoff spot then guys who have earned it.  The depth is there, the quality is not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

2nd goal in 21 games, yah put him in he deserves it. What a one game in a row hot streak!

First line it is.....right CJ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

He looked surprisingly slow last night. Like out of place slow. I haven't been impressed by what I've seen from him. At least Peverly will battle and, you guessed it, he kills penalties, so that'll get him the nod without question. Peverly also seems kind of due (despite the goal last night).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

Jagr for Thornton.

Horton for Soderberg.

Daugavins slides down to play with Jagr and Kelly.

Peverley, Kelly, Daugavins and Horton fight to keep Soderberg out of the lineup.

There are more guys on this roster fighting for a playoff spot then guys who have earned it.  The depth is there, the quality is not.

Well put.  With this depth I say we can play the guy who's fighting.  Sit the guy who's floating.  Seems to have worked, somewhat, with Lucic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ah Soderberg will be the odd man out of the game.  CJ will be loyal.  It is still nice to have options if one player decides to do the 2012 play version in of the playoffs.  Soderberg is a nice option.  I like those conditions.  Yeti sits!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Daugavins should not play anymore this year. No, not unless they have no choice.

I'd put Dougie Hamilton at wing before Daugavins.