Some pics from Winter Classic in Ann Arbor and Oldtimers at Comercia Park

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Some pics from Winter Classic in Ann Arbor and Oldtimers at Comercia Park

Some pics for those interested of fun in the snow and bone-rattling cold:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Some pics from Winter Classic in Ann Arbor and Oldtimers at Comercia Park

Pictures are even better to see, than to hear about...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pictures are even better to see, than to hear about...

[/QUOTE]

LOL, agree, computer wasn't cooperating...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

The more clear shots are at the ballpark from the 12-31 Oldtimer game... the next day at the Big House was all snow, all day...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Great pics.  I was warm at home watching.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Very cool.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Very cool.

[/QUOTE]

Freezing.  Bet SoxFan froze his a** off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Reminds me of the old days on the pond and the 1st rink i ever played in in the 60s lol. Use to get to keep any money you found in the snow if you helped scrape the ice. Those were the days, every sundy heading to my freinds for pond hockey, hot chocolate and pb and jam sandwiches lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reminds me of the old days on the pond and the 1st rink i ever played in in the 60s lol. Use to get to keep any money you found in the snow if you helped scrape the ice. Those were the days, every sundy heading to my freinds for pond hockey, hot chocolate and pb and jam sandwiches lol

[/QUOTE]

money you found in the snow?  How does that happen?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Must have been an awesome experience being there.  Thanks for posting these photos.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

It was great fun, OMG did we freeze our azzez off. It was much colder than most the other events I guess, 12 degrees, windchill at 1 below. All the bodies didnt help, either. Wow was it cold.

Still, my wife thought I was nuts when I said I wouldnt have wanted it any other way. The snow filled the air like a snowglobe and the atmosphere really did feel like the pond hockey days.

Glad you guys liked the pics.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nice pics Sox, I realize you have zoom but how was the overall view?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice pics Sox, I realize you have zoom but how was the overall view?

[/QUOTE]

We were actually probably a little too close and too low.  We were in row 8... pretty close to the "field" and right behind the net.  The very first photo is the best for getting that perspective.

The best seating for these games are a bit higher up, but we got what we could when we could without going broke.

I did find myself peeking at the scoreboard screen to see exactly what was happening on the ice a lot, though.