Some size needed up front

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

Some size needed up front

Watching the third line for the B's is evident that they need some size added to the Kelly Peverley line.  Bourque Jr. is way to easy to knock off the puck.  Perhaps giving MacDermid a good chance would open some space up for the other two.  The Marchand line is already a little on the small size now two lines of midgets, that is not intimidating anybody.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Some size needed up front

Marchand line is fine. Worry about your defensive line and how Joe Flacco lit up the Pats.

Thanks though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'll agree Bourque may not be the answer, but they're gonna give him more than 3 games before they make a move! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Size.  The bruins are big and their smaller players are gritty.  This team needs a depth or top 4 d-man.  Now I don't think bourque is the answer.  I would like them to give Arnott a call.  Then I'd like them call the islanders about mark strait.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Caron did nothing in Providence during the lock-out, but, his physical presence could indeed create more space for Peverley. But, Bourque has still the chance to prove he belongs to the NHL....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

I watched a few Barrie Colt games this year and Camara is full of sandpaper.  He is hard along the boards, can drop the gloves if required and created tons of space for his linemates.  I don't think he's ready now but next year looks promising.  Perhaps Arnott for the time being is worth a kick of tires.  I didn't know Caron looked poor this year in the AHL, too bad he didn't progress.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I don't understand why people think size is such an issue. It's not about how big a player is, but how they use their body, sticks, position, and brains. Bruins have enough size to get it done.

What do you think MacDermid will bring to the 3rd line? Him simply being big isn't going to make the line any better. He's a 4th liner/AHLer at this point in time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

I agree to a point on size versus grittyness, but clearing some space for your linemates does require a little size, and unfortunately Ray's kid is extremely soft and doesn't add much to this line up.    An entire team full of slow big thugs is not the answer but right now on the B's 3rd line some size would be nice, thats all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I'll agree Bourque may not be the answer, but they're gonna give him more than 3 games before they make a move! 

Hang, I think Bourque gets extra slack around these parts because of his last name but you're absolutely right, he's likely to get a longer look than just 3 games. That said, he really does seem like he's not strong enough to compete in the NHL. I purposely used the word strong because Marchand is basically the same size as him but he seems way harder to seperate from the puck. Marchand also didn't play very well tonight. He scored but he didn't play very well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I don't understand why people think size is such an issue. It's not about how big a player is, but how they use their body, sticks, position, and brains. Bruins have enough size to get it done.

What do you think MacDermid will bring to the 3rd line? Him simply being big isn't going to make the line any better. He's a 4th liner/AHLer at this point in time.

Post of the thread for me. In today's hockey I'd rather players with speed and good stick skills.

Saying that, I do think that Bourque has to pick his game up or else......... But MacDermid ? I want skill promoted to the B's not plodding.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Hang, I think Bourque gets extra slack around these parts because of his last name but you're absolutely right, he's likely to get a longer look than just 3 games. That said, he really does seem like he's not strong enough to compete in the NHL. I purposely used the word strong because Marchand is basically the same size as him but he seems way harder to seperate from the puck. Marchand also didn't play very well tonight. He scored but he didn't play very well.

Agreed dez.  I would also add that Peverly and Kelly can certainly make up for some of Bourque's inconsistencies and cover his butt when needed.  That said, I don't feel Bourque has been a glaring liability to this point so I wouldn't say the team is in dire need of finding a replacement for him.  As for Marchand I'll cut him some slack because he always gives 100% and brings intangibles that Bourque doesn't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Yep Bourque has not played to the level I was expecting so far...he has the chance of a lifetime ..prove he belongs to the NHL but so far not much to show...another 2 games and that wil open the door to Caron..I dont think Caron has been very good this year with the P-Bruins but there are some players that play better in the NHL than in the AHL...dont ask me why but I have seen that in the past ...oh well if Caron comes back in the line up ...I dont think we will see Bourque back for a while ...Spooner is knocking at the door and maybe Jamie Tardif (6'1" 200lbs ) desserve a chance ???

Or last option...a trade....????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (with Khudo as our #1)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Agreed dez.  I would also add that Peverly and Kelly can certainly make up for some of Bourque's inconsistencies and cover his butt when needed.  That said, I don't feel Bourque has been a glaring liability to this point so I wouldn't say the team is in dire need of finding a replacement for him.  As for Marchand I'll cut him some slack because he always gives 100% and brings intangibles that Bourque doesn't.

It is only worth Peverely and Kelly picking up Bourque's slack if he is actually producing and he simply is not so far. I would venture to guess that once Caron is ready to go Bourque will be gone......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It's nice to see Bourque get a shot, but he is not the type to break up plays or set up from the corners. I would hope that Caron could redeem himself once he is healthy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It took a while for the Bruins to adjust to  Gaborik/Nash/Richards, but it is obvious that Thornton, who still gives 100+ effort, should also be replaced. I know he's the Garden's faithful hero, but more skill is needed to make the 4th line good enough to disrupt other team's strong lines. Thorny had minimum ice last night, particularly in the third period, which adds credence to the replace Bourque views. The Bruins cannot compete with two less than capable players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

It is only worth Peverely and Kelly picking up Bourque's slack if he is actually producing and he simply is not so far. I would venture to guess that once Caron is ready to go Bourque will be gone......

The window is definitely closing on him to prove he's worthy of a roster spot. Caron probably would replace him, but Spooner is starting to put up better numbers in Providence, wonder if he would get a shot? Though I'm not sure how Spooner would fit on a line with Peverley and Kelly....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

With the size of Lucic, Horton, and Thorton along with Bergeron, Marchand, Campbell, and Marchand having good board skills, I don't think size is something that is needed from a 3rd string winger.

I don't think Bourque is a great player but I don't see any major holes in his game either. Going out and signing a player of the Satan, Pandolfo or Knuble ilk doesn't seem like a great upgrade to me.

As an aside, I thought NBC's coverage of the game was atrocious. Bourque gets cross checked across the face and they say it was due to Bourque being small?

Though, Pierre was on Dougie's crotch all game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Caron getting injured pretty much assured Bourque of that 3rd line spot...

I still want to see Spooner get a few games in to see how he would handle it...

I'd definitely prefer Spooner on the power play than Bourque...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

How is it nobody is calling for Sauve to get another shot? He was the best player on the ice in the Bos/Prov game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Nobody wants to see Mr. Glass get hurt again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Mr. Glass plays for Pittsburgh? :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

shupe, you nailed it. arnott is a great solution to the problem. cheap, experience, size. i believe he can play wing or center. third line becomes kelly - arnott - peverley. This gives you so much versatility if there are injuries. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Stanley your predictions are on par with your assessment of Bourque and Caron.  

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Yep Bourque has not played to the level I was expecting so far...he has the chance of a lifetime ..prove he belongs to the NHL but so far not much to show...another 2 games and that wil open the door to Caron..I dont think Caron has been very good this year with the P-Bruins but there are some players that play better in the NHL than in the AHL...dont ask me why but I have seen that in the past ...oh well if Caron comes back in the line up ...I dont think we will see Bourque back for a while ...Spooner is knocking at the door and maybe Jamie Tardif (6'1" 200lbs ) desserve a chance ???

Or last option...a trade....????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (with Khudo as our #1)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

How is it nobody is calling for Sauve to get another shot? He was the best player on the ice in the Bos/Prov game.

You know I want to see it Dez but frankly he hasn't earned it. You can't fix brittle, as Luedeke always mentions "NHL talent but can't stay healthy cause he is a streen bean". Bourque, Spooner and Tardif earned there callups.

Also Sauve has suffered 3 concussions within a year so the Bruins just might be being careful becuase of what has happened with Bergeron and Savard. Next year Max is out of his entry level contract, so the injuries couldn't have come at a worse time.

Only hope for him in the Bruins organization is Chiarelli giving Sauve a 8-10 game look becuase he was after all PCs draft pick before they non-tender him this summer. Other than that Sauve would need to go on a scoring spree to surpass Spooner, Tardif and Caron. That doesn't seem like it is going to happen anytime soon playing with Camper and Cunningham. That line did produce two weeks ago when they had #1 line TOI with Spooner, Tardif and Bourque in Boston.

25. This post has been removed.