Someone new to hate on the Leafs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Someone new to hate on the Leafs?

Found this article on a new player in the Leafs lineup entertaining

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=413827

Leo Komarov

Sounds like a complete pest - could be fun to watch the Bruins shut him up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Someone new to hate on the Leafs?

Why not mention his name, instead of having us copy and paste a youtube video?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Red, that's coach's corner HNIC.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's a seven minute Coach's Corner.

WTF?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sorry NAS , brain not working. It's also the wrong link - god I nee more coffee. No idea how I did that

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=413827

Leo Komarov, was playing earlier this season for the MArlies before going back to Moscow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You can edit the post.  just make sure to put a character into the headline, it just gets ignored.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Done, thanks BadHab

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

As if there weren't enough to loathe already:

Kessel, Grabovski, Brown (hate that guy), Phaneuf, Komy, etc.

And now this guy....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't hate Kessel, Grabovski, Phaneuf or Komisarek.

I really don't understand why people dislike Komisarek.  He plays hard and isn't afraid to fight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I love the fact that Komisarek plays for Toronto, hope he never ever leaves Land O Leaf. There is nothing better than KOMO looking up at the ACC scoreboard as Lucic is celebrating another score at Komisarek's expense.

The tension between Boston's beloved farm system (Burke leaving so sad) up north and the Bruins has intensified. Not a bad thing at all, I look forward to the games almost as much as games against the mighty smurf shabs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I really don't understand why people dislike Komisarek.  He plays hard and isn't afraid to fight.

This bio also describes certain Bruins..........that are hated.

And I don't hate Grabovski. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I wasn't impressed when he broke his stick cross-checking Lucic in the face.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Komarov sounds interesting, but I'm guessing it's a little easier to run around slew-footing and never having to answer for it in the KHL.  If he's hitting a lot and playing with energy, then more power to him.  If he plays dirty, I think it'll catch up with him.  Especially during 6-1 loses for the Leafs, when nobody minds taking a penalty for dropping him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd take Komiserek on my team anyday. Last year the B's were blowing them out, he got into it with Chara, fought Lucic again and then went back for more. Seemed to me he was the only Leaf who showed up that night and he played the whole game.  He keeps losing to Lucic, but I'll give him credit, he doesn't shy away, he doesn't back down and he doesnt change his game or seem intimidated. He's overpaid, but at least he goes out there and tries to earn it, no matter the score .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I'd take Komiserek on my team anyday. Last year the B's were blowing them out, he got into it with Chara, fought Lucic again and then went back for more. Seemed to me he was the only Leaf who showed up that night and he played the whole game.  He keeps losing to Lucic, but I'll give him credit, he doesn't shy away, he doesn't back down and he doesnt change his game or seem intimidated. He's overpaid, but at least he goes out there and tries to earn it, no matter the score .

.........gets beat a lot on one-on-one battles and is very good at cheap shots. Playing hard and willing to fight is just not good enough for me to like this player. It's the extras I hate.

But I have to admit, I do "like him" when he's on the ice when the Bruins play the Leafs. Good things happen with scoring opportunities. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Komisarek is death to a team.

NAS, I don't think you watched the Leafs enough.  During the trade pending years I watched them a lot.  He's a game changer in the bad way.  He can deflate the team with a totally idiotic penalty or something stupid at the perfectly wrong time

Watch this play, he missed the hit, ok it happens, but then notice how he liesurely skates back to the crease and isn't paying attention.  And the puck bounces off his head and in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjrtLe7uSiw

Another fluke thing that you could dismiss, but look at this warmup and Komi is clearly not with the program when he collides with Phaneuf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_tfd-M5Jc

My high school coach would have benched me for this - passing the puck in front of your own net?  Isn't that one of the cardinal rules?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1wxjohPHtc

He tries too hard to kill guys on his hits and very frequently gets his elbows up and/or crosschecks.  Overly aggressive at the wrong times.  And he's an idiot which is his biggest problem, too many poor decisions.

Note this play where he knocks someone over the boards (ok, good), but then notice how he tries to engage the guy once he's over the boards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Np-r0LLa6o

Again, you could dismiss this but the issue is he always does this.  Remember when he was with the Habs and cross checked Lucic to the face?  how stupid was that? 4-1 and 7+ mins left in the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNqm_QVhVAc

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bhab:  I've never suggest that he's a Norris candidate.  People hate Matt Cooke for good reason.  People hate Steve Ott and Sean Avery for good reason.  Peple hate Max Pac for good reason.  Why hate Komisarek?

As for your videos, in the first one, yes, he missed the check.  There were three Leafs already in front of the net, not including the goaltender.  I stopped reading where it said, "warmups".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Why do I get the feeling down the line he mioght become a Bruin?  In the bottom order of the d-corp and cheap.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Intimidation was a big part of Komisarek's game until Lucic punched it out of him...Emperor has no clothes.

Komisarek wouldn't be a bad 5-6 d-man on a team where he could play a more "complimentary" tough-guy role.  More like a Montador, at a Montador price.  Komisarek @ $4.5M is madness.

Still don't like him from his time with the Habs, but nothing a change in laundry wouldn't cure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Exactly right Crowls. $4.5 million a year for a guy who averages 1 goal and 6 points a year, plays bottom-pairing minutes and can't fight. Incredible...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Intimidation was a big part of Komisarek's game until Lucic punched it out of him...Emperor has no clothes.

Komisarek wouldn't be a bad 5-6 d-man on a team where he could play a more "complimentary" tough-guy role.  More like a Montador, at a Montador price.  Komisarek @ $4.5M is madness.

Still don't like him from his time with the Habs, but nothing a change in laundry wouldn't cure.

YUP!

I recall when he first came up from their AHL team he was a force, very aggressive, took care of Joe Thornton espcially in the playoffs. All the Hab fans were pumping their chests not to mess with him. Glad Lucic took care of that.

If he does change laundry to Bruins black n gold one day I will post a picture of him and me here on BDC for my avatar.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Exactly right Crowls. $4.5 million a year for a guy who averages 1 goal and 6 points a year, plays bottom-pairing minutes and can't fight. Incredible...

His contract is out of whack, but that shouldn't put him in the "I hate that guy" category.  Did people also hate Chris Drury?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

His contract is out of whack, but that shouldn't put him in the "I hate that guy" category.  Did people also hate Chris Drury?

That's what happens . Look in Montreal,  everyone hated Gomez .  Why ?  he was handed that contract from the Rangers what was e supposed to do, say no ......  Today he'll get what he's worth and I think that team will be very lucky.  The same people that hated him, still can't understand the economics ,  will say why couldn't he play with us the way he's playing now....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

True but that's not why I hate him. Its because he is a dirty player who picks on people half his size and rarely drops the gloves when called to account. Plus, in the 2010 playoffs he (as I am sure you remember) crosschecked Lucic in the face with the game and series almost over in an obvious attempt to injur just because he can't fight the guy. Then he signs a big FA contract due in part because Montreal fans rigged the All Star voting that year and made him a starting all star. Furthermore, he also has played for the two teams I hate the most.

Its not always about money....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I really don't understand why people dislike Komisarek.  He plays hard and isn't afraid to fight. I'd take Komiserek on my team anyday.

Why do I get the feeling down the line he mioght become a Bruin?  In the bottom order of the d-corp and cheap.

Komiserek's agent, same as Lucic's, was calling PC the same summer punching bag went to LufaLand. PC said "Pass!" and so would I because he is softer than Kaberle in his own end. At least Tomas could perform the other part of his job real well.