Speaking of Embellishing!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Speaking of Embellishing!

Tampa vs. Ottawa last week

Race for the puck.  Bishop comes out to play it.  Gets barely touched.  I mean, if a priest touched a kid like this, it probably wouldn't get a holy rise.

Lays there like a lump, skates off so slowly.  Out for the game.

Back in fine form next game.

My guess:  Tried to draw the call, then got scored on.  Had to stay down to sell it.

Failed.

Here it is.  What say you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Speaking of Embellishing!

I think you got it right. I don't think he knew he got nudged by his own player.

bad decision there which started with a bad decision to bolt (no pun intended) out of his crease to begin with.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The back of his head got grazed by the boot of the skate at the most. When the boot makes contact with the head, the head never moves.

At least TT takes matters into his own hands and doesnt flop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Was there a sniper in the upper deck?

The reaction looks FIFA-ish.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Thoughts that popped up when I saw this.........and then read the posts above.

1) Draw a penalty from who ? There were two players ( one for each team ) racing for the puck. Zibanijed had already passed him. The other a Senator.

Nope that can't be the reason. 

2) Faking an injury because of embarrassment ? The goal was scored less then 2 minutes into the game. NHL players and goalies make mistakes all the time. Does Bishop have the mental makeup to head to the locker less then two minutes into the game faking injury ?

Doubt that very much also.

My conclusions ?

1) Legitimate head injury which the Lightning training staff decided to be cautious with.

2) The observations given that I read are totally off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

1) Draw a penalty from who ? There were two players ( one for each team ) racing for the puck. Zibanijed had already passed him. The other a Senator.

2) Faking an injury because of embarrassment ? The goal was scored less then 2 minutes into the game. NHL players and goalies make mistakes all the time. Does Bishop have the mental makeup to head to the locker less then two minutes into the game faking injury ?

My conclusions ?

1) Legitimate head injury which the Lightning training staff decided to be cautious with.

[/QUOTE]

All interesting logic, but not as impactful for me as just watching the play.  I'm just about certain that he was lightly grazed by his own player.

But he didn't know it was his own player, so he may well have been trying to draw a penalty.  Then I think the combination of embarassment, a cautious trainer, and a disasterous start to a game all play a factor in staying down and leaving the game.

I agree it doesn't make much sense.  But the imperfect logic of Bishop's reaction seems less convincing than what my eyes are telling me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

looks to me like he got clipped in the back of the head by his teammates skate who was skating pretty fast, doubt he was faking it, why would he??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

But he didn't know it was his own player,

[/QUOTE]

This might be true if he was thinking there were two Sens players there.....................one chasing the other.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

But he didn't know it was his own player,

[/QUOTE]

This might be true if he was thinking there were two Sens players there.....................one chasing the other.

[/QUOTE]

Two guys come through together while Bishop has his head down.  He wouldn't know which one clipped him.  

Watch the video. Can the attitude.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

My conclusions ?

[/QUOTE]

I dunno Chowda. I think "at most" it was maybe take a couple of shifts off to get rid of some cobwebs at the most. I'm opening up the "insult can" when I say I got bowled over 2 nites ago & the back of my head slammed onto the crossbar. They called the period off as we don't have a backup, so I was able to take 10 minutes & we just didn't flood. I should've stayed out though as I got suspended for 6 games. But, I got whacked a lot worse than Bishop did. The new mask now really helps to take a lot of abuse. I don't think he was that hurt. Was he completely faking? I would hope not, but I do think he overreacted.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My conclusions ? 

[/QUOTE]

I dunno Chowda. I think "at most" it was maybe take a couple of shifts off to get rid of some cobwebs at the most. I'm opening up the "insult can" when I say I got bowled over 2 nites ago & the back of my head slammed onto the crossbar. They called the period off as we don't have a backup, so I was able to take 10 minutes & we just didn't flood. I should've stayed out though as I got suspended for 6 games. But, I got whacked a lot worse than Bishop did. The new mask now really helps to take a lot of abuse. I don't think he was that hurt. Was he completely faking? I would hope not, but I do think he overreacted.  

[/QUOTE]

How come, go for a beer during the game or something?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

[QUOTE]

My conclusions ? 

[/QUOTE]

How come, go for a beer during the game or something?

[/QUOTE]

LOL! Umm no. I told the guy who knocked me down to not come near me the rest of the game. I had the puck covered, he whacked the back of my hand & I cold cocked him with my blocker & STICK & cut him for 6 stitches. 1 game per stitch. So, we had to play with no goalie & 6 attackers for the last 8 mins & lost 6-4. We had a 4-1 lead before my meltdown. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL! Umm no. I told the guy who knocked me down to not come near me the rest of the game. I had the puck covered, he whacked the back of my hand & I cold cocked him with my blocker & STICK & cut him for 6 stitches. 1 game per stitch. So, we had to play with no goalie & 6 attackers for the last 8 mins & lost 6-4. We had a 4-1 lead before my meltdown. 

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you wouldn't even see that in the NHL, pretty tough commissioner i guess!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yea, all the leagues are pretty stiff & it's other teams in the league that vote on the suspensions. He got 2 games for his stupidity too. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yea, all the leagues are pretty stiff & it's other teams in the league that vote on the suspensions. He got 2 games for his stupidity too. 

[/QUOTE]

I imagine if they didn't have some sort of discipline system the games could turn into the Bruins going into the stands at MSG.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bishop definitely got hit in the head but only Dr. Recchi knows the extent of the injury. I don't think I have read anywhere that Bishop has a history of theatrics.

I do think he tried to get a whistle because he knew he wasn't getting back to the net. Nite does this stuff all the time in his beer league. What  better way to get to the locker room to get a nip of the flask.

Bishop still the best goalie in Florida!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

The head and neck area are sensitive areas which don't take much to be injured.

You have your scenario I have mine.

I got slew footed and hit my head on the ice. The guys were razzing me about it saying "to get up because it didn't look that bad"

I ended up in ER for 8 hours with a neck collar on suffering from spasms to my neck while getting xrays and a MRI.

Ever since then, when people say " he's not hurt " I think, " ya okay that's pretty stupid, can you feel his pain ?"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bishop definitely got hit in the head but only Dr. Recchi knows the extent of the injury. I don't think I have read anywhere that Bishop has a history of theatrics.

I do think he tried to get a whistle because he knew he wasn't getting back to the net. Nite does this stuff all the time in his beer league. What  better way to get to the locker room to get a nip of the flask.

Bishop still the best goalie in Florida!

[/QUOTE]

LOL! Ashhole!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The head and neck area are sensitive areas which don't take much to be injured.

You have your scenario I have mine.

I got slew footed and hit my head on the ice. The guys were razzing me about it saying "to get up because it didn't look that bad"

I ended up in ER for 8 hours with a neck collar on suffering from spasms to my neck while getting xrays and a MRI.

Ever since then, when people say " he's not hurt " I think, " ya okay that's pretty stupid, can you feel his pain ?"

[/QUOTE]

OK. Fair enough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Commented on this play last week. Something just didn't look right even with a light double hit (a knee then the skate). Not that it's near the same (Bishop was not attacked from behind) but with all this talk of grazing and nudging -- it seems like not that long ago the same comments were being made about one Mr. Orpik. You never know with hits to the head but Bishop certainly looked like he wanted the night off.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Two guys come through together while Bishop has his head down.  He wouldn't know which one clipped him.  

Watch the video. Can the attitude.

[/QUOTE]

Ever since his return from hiatus, he's just been full of garbage.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's not hurt.
    Lundqvist dive

Watch Ryan Miller show what happens when a goalie is too mad to fake it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So, basically you're saying he PaulPierced?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tampa vs. Ottawa last week

Gets barely touched.  I mean, if a priest touched a kid like this, it probably wouldn't get a holy rise.

[/QUOTE]

Wow..