Spooner centering Lucic and Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Spooner centering Lucic and Horton

I know this was brought up in another thread, but i thought it deserved its own thread. I love this, and I'm really excited to see what he can do. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Spooner centering Lucic and Horton

Good, i hope the kid does well, it makes sense not to disturb the other lines. I wonder if he does well, how many scouts from other teams take notice with the deadline not too far away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

... and if he makes a gaff right off the bat, how quickly will his butt get stapled to the bench as part of a Pandolfo-Spooner-Caron 4th line?  Seems like a big-pressure chance for him.  Should be interesting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wow, was I wrong!  I really can't believe this.

I hope he can do it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Has this been confirmed or are you just speculating? I hope he gets the chance to play with some talent, interested to see how he does. I'll be rooting for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'm suprised and excited. Can't wait to see what the kids got. Hope he brings it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

we all thought Claude would ease him in, but he's right into the hot spot. When you think of it , it's like him joining an all-star team, and he will want to perform well

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

The logical thing about this is he is a playmaker on the small side who needs big bodies for protection.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I've always been a huge spooner guy. Really like his game, and I think there is a legitimate chance that he's played his last game in providence. He's going to get at least 15 minutes tonight it looks like, We'll know by nights end if he's NHL ready yet. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

It is sad that we will discover a young talented player ready for the NHL just because of Krejci's injury...when all we had to do was sit Thornton for 2-3 games and we would have seen the talent

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I like the move a lot.

Throw the kid right into the fire. If it doesn't work out, oh well, just one game. Putting him on the 4th line or a hodge podge third line isn't really going to tell me if he's got the skills. Putting him on the Horton Lucic line gives you an idea what he can do with some skill guys.

Hope the line is able to have a great game and the kid sticks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Hoping he gets a fair shake, but my negativism plays out like this....

Skates well early, has a defensive lapse 3 shifts in, gets 6 shifts the rest of the night.

Peverly centers Lucic and Horton rest of the way.

Top 6 all play 23+ minutes.

Campbell and Paille play the odd spots and get 18+ (some with Thornton, some with Spooner at wing)

Caron, Pandolfo, Thornton and Spooner all see under 6 minutes.

edit: then Dez makes a statement, NaS says something about again misrepresenting the message, they snipe a bit. Mom turns the car around and no one gets to have ice cream.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I hope he can do it!

In your defense, I really was high when you accused me of it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

It is sad that we will discover a young talented player ready for the NHL just because of Krejci's injury...when all we had to do was sit Thornton for 2-3 games and we would have seen the talent

ya because playing the wing on the fourth line getting 6-8 minutes with paille and campbell is the same as centering lucic and horton and getting first line minutes. wow i really need to put you back on ignore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

seo, for the most par the top 6 forwards on Boston don't break 20 minutes a game. They are actually closer to 17-19 depending on the player. So its basically leaving 20 minutes to split between the the 3rd and 4th lines. I think they can handle 3 minutes a period (which if I'm not mistaken has been what they are getting?) Also Peverley, Paille, and Campbell have higher TOI's then their linemates due to special teams play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I know, lam. The math didn't add up. It was an embellished statement all around, based on the premise that Spooner will make a mistake and then get buried as CJ lets the vets take over.

The part about Mom turning the car around may just happen though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

I know, lam. The math didn't add up. It was an embellished statement all around, based on the premise that Spooner will make a mistake and then get buried as CJ lets the vets take over.

The part about Mom turning the car around may just happen though.

Not a chance, Dad has the car at the pub watching da Bruins! No ice cream tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Hey let's see what the kids got, hope he does great.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

edit: then Dez makes a statement, NaS says something about again misrepresenting the message, they snipe a bit. Mom turns the car around and no one gets to have ice cream.

Probably for the best.  They're both starting to look a little chunky.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I know where you're coming from seo.  There are some fairly obvious backup plans that aren't that hard to kick in if Spooner isn't cutting it.  I hope CJ has patience, and I really, really hope that a lazy shift by the third line or the fourth line (Thornton's 1:15 special) doesn't put the Bruins behind and get Claude twitchy.  As long as that line is able to generate something in terms of pressure or consecutive passes/puck possession, I hope he gives them time to sort it out.

But you know, I'm also a guy who just wants the Bruins to win.  So if they aren't doing much at all, and the team needs goals, then move Seguin up (or Peverley, but I have no idea how that helps the offense...at least right now).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I hope he can do it!

In your defense, I really was high when you accused me of it.

It is amazing how much this explains.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Good, i hope the kid does well, it makes sense not to disturb the other lines. I wonder if he does well, how many scouts from other teams take notice with the deadline not too far away.

i was curiously hoping that Seguin would be centering Lucic and Horton

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Krecji to make trip to Winnipeg

posted at 3/17/2013 9:30 PM EDT

It's OK, let David rest for a week if need be.

Let's have a look at Spooner between Horton and Lucic for the week and see how he does. We may all be surprised.

Krejci won't lose his spot, but Spooner may be a revelation, especially playing with Horton and Lucic - no one will touch him and that could enhance his creativity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Re: Krecji to make trip to Winnipeg

posted at 3/17/2013 9:30 PM EDT

It's OK, let David rest for a week if need be.

Let's have a look at Spooner between Horton and Lucic for the week and see how he does. We may all be surprised.

Krejci won't lose his spot, but Spooner may be a revelation, especially playing with Horton and Lucic - no one will touch him and that could enhance his creativity.

That's what I thought for Savard with Lucic. Look how that worked out. 

Fingers crossed that Spooner is Ready!

And why would anyone suggest that they move Seguin up? Break up the best line on the team? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Spooner 3 helpers   Hat trick for Horts TONIGHT