St. Louis Reportedly interested in Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: St. Louis Reportedly interested in Ryder

"The Herald suggests the Bruins would be willing to move Ryder for little in return."

Hee Hee Really ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'd be fine with that - would only have to worry about them in the cup finals. See if you can put a package together with ryder and whoever, maybe Wheeler, and see if you can get a decent pick or prospect back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It doesn't say the Blues are interested in Ryder.  The whole article is speculation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Its a speculation but its a decent rumor that can happen (unlike crosby for shawn thornton rumors). Funny thing is sometimes these kind of rumors actually get these gm's thinking and eventually making a move

St Louis has had a tremendous start and now are faltering off a little. They are lacking more scoring  and a few more bigger bodies than Backes.

Ryder has been good this season and if we were not over the cap with Savard and Sturm coming back it would be foolish to trade him. But PC is slowly backing up against the wall and he has to make some tough choices. I rather trade Ryder and get something , even if its a little (4th rounder) , than having to waive him and lose him for nothing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: St. Louis Reportedly interested in Ryder:
    [QUOTE]Its a speculation but its a decent rumor that can happen (unlike crosby for shawn thornton rumors). Funny thing is sometimes these kind of rumors actually get these gm's thinking and eventually making a move St Louis has had a tremendous start and now are faltering off a little. They are lacking more scoring  and a few more bigger bodies than Backes. Ryder has been good this season and if we were not over the cap with Savard and Sturm coming back it would be foolish to trade him. But PC is slowly backing up against the wall and he has to make some tough choices. I rather trade Ryder and get something , even if its a little (4th rounder) , than having to waive him and lose him for nothing.
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Chiarelli: "Hey, trading Ryder to St. Louis is a great idea! Thank goodness for the Internet! I never would have thought of it myself!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE] Funny thing is sometimes these kind of rumors actually get these gm's thinking and eventually making a move
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Name one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: St. Louis Reportedly interested in Ryder : Name one.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Bobby Orr???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Ryder is playing very good right now in Boston and by next month or in January a team like St. Louis could trade for him when his salary comes down. Some people may ask why trade him if he is playing well?
    The question should be would the Bruins sign him next year? I don't think so because the Bruins will use this to get a pick or prospect and right the cap situation. Ryder is out in Boston and it helps the Bruins alot he is playing well. I wish him all the best and maybe he will help someone, but I just hope he doesn't come to bite us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

i'm not a fan of his either but if you look at this goals since 06-07 season he is great every other year (even number years)

06-07 (30 goals)
    07-08 (14 goals)
    08-09 (27 goals)
    09-10 (18 goals)
    10-11 (4 goals so far and hoping the trend continues)

It would be ideal if they could find a taker for Sturm because even if he comes back in January i don't think he'll have the speed he did and he was a streaky scorer at best.  Obviously his injury makes him hard to trade but if they could package him and Wheeler and just get a draft pick or two back then that would be great.  Wheeler must go, I thought that was a dumb signing this year.  I think PC panicked a bit with Sturm on the IR and Savard being the way he is. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vilho. Show Vilho's posts

in the offseason ryder was untradeable.  All we wanted was for him to have a good start so we could trade him and clear caproom.  He's doing his part, so ditch him.  I don't care if he ends up scoring his 30 goal potential, he has greater likelihood that he'll crap out and end up with less than 20 on the year and everyone would be kicking themselves for not trading him while he had value. 

If they can trade him, and they probably still can't trade him without taking SOMEthing back, then for the love of Pete, DO IT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Somebody has to go , if its Ryder , so be it .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Don't count out Ryder re-signing in Boston even if he is traded.  Ryder has really only played for one coach since his days in junior and that is Claude Julien.   When he was a free agent, but Vancouver and Boston had offered Ryder nearly identical contracts.   Boston was Ryder's choice, and the reason was that Claude Julien was here.   If Claude was in Vancouver, I guarantee you Ryder was have stayed in Canada and moved out west.

That being said, if and only if there is confidence that Sturm is going to be able to return and play to his full potential, then Ryder should be considered for trade.   Personally I'm not sold that Sturm will bring more to the team than Ryder has thus far, and come playoff time,  I think Ryder elevates his game and will be an even better asset.

Sturm has the No Trade Clause I believe however, and Savard with the concussion history would not be easy to trade.   So by default, the Bruins may be forced to trade Ryder, hopefully picking up something decent in return, and may then turn around and re-sign him in the off season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Don't count out Ryder re-signing in Boston even if he is traded.  Ryder has really only played for one coach since his days in junior and that is Claude Julien.   When he was a free agent, but Vancouver and Boston had offered Ryder nearly identical contracts.   Boston was Ryder's choice, and the reason was that Claude Julien was here.   If Claude was in Vancouver, I guarantee you Ryder was have stayed in Canada and moved out west.

That being said, if and only if there is confidence that Sturm is going to be able to return and play to his full potential, then Ryder should be considered for trade.   Personally I'm not sold that Sturm will bring more to the team than Ryder has thus far, and come playoff time,  I think Ryder elevates his game and will be an even better asset.

Sturm has the No Trade Clause I believe however, and Savard with the concussion history would not be easy to trade.   So by default, the Bruins may be forced to trade Ryder, hopefully picking up something decent in return, and may then turn around and re-sign him in the off season.

How can you guarantee that? That's impossible to prove!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

For weeks all the entries have pushed trading Ryder because of the CAP impact. Now that he is playing more aggressively you want to keep him?? Yes he is playing better, but, he has also had a few relapses. Looking at the Bruins as a team, and recognizing that some players need to be moved to accomodate Savard's Cap hit, and then Sturm's, who would you move? Start with Paille [$1.0] for a draft pick; then if you think Hunwick or any other defenseman you are swapping dollars, no cap benefit; that narrows it down to Ryder [$4.0], actually a little bit less in December; Wheeler is not a cap choice, but could be a performance/ desired trade choice when Sturm comes back. Sturm could come back and be the extra forward, but, how does that effect the cap in December or January?? we need DrCC's analysis, but it still seems that Ryder is gone

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Ryder has 5g 6a 11pts .....that would be a big mistake ....but what can we do if we can get a 1st round pick for him I would say go ahead we dont have choice .....but it would be sad to see him go ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (even without Ryder)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]For weeks all the entries have pushed trading Ryder because of the CAP impact. Now that he is playing more aggressively you want to keep him?? Yes he is playing better, but, he has also had a few relapses. Looking at the Bruins as a team, and recognizing that some players need to be moved to accomodate Savard's Cap hit, and then Sturm's, who would you move? Start with Paille [$1.0] for a draft pick; then if you think Hunwick or any other defenseman you are swapping dollars, no cap benefit; that narrows it down to Ryder [$4.0], actually a little bit less in December; Wheeler is not a cap choice, but could be a performance/ desired trade choice when Sturm comes back. Sturm could come back and be the extra forward, but, how does that effect the cap in December or January?? we need DrCC's analysis, but it still seems that Ryder is gone
    Posted by Bogie6[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.  Ryder and Paille are gone. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

[QUOTE] How can you guarantee that? That's impossible to prove!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

OK, if you are going to take comments like that so literally, I'll have to be a little more careful.   Why so touchy?

Being from Newfoundland, and having spent half my childhood in Ryder's hometown, I follow him a little closer than most and know his history pretty good.   I also hear from the grapevine back home when friends and family that know Ryder have something to say.   Julien put a lot of faith in Ryder when others didn't since his junior days and that is something he will never forget.   Ryder turned that faith into 85 goals his first three seasons.

Ryder's worst years in Montreal were during the Guy Carbonneau years in Montreal where the coach wouldn't even talk to him.   Muller and Gainey the assistant coaches would work with Ryder but Carbo wouldn't.  Hard to succeed with a coach like that.

So given the choice between signing with a coach you know and have success with, versus going to another team where you may not be completely sure what to expect, you'd have to think Ryder would prefer to stay united with Claude Julien.   If Claude makes a pitch to Ryder to resign, that would likely go a long way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I would like to see Sturm and Paille go. Sturm will score ya 20 and there both speedy Penalty killers but, I like Ryders game this year, he looks like he did when he first came. as for resigning him it would have to be a great price.

Reportedly Bruins interested in Stamkos??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE] Reportedly Bruins interested in Stamkos??
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

Reportedly all other teams interested in stamkos.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

no doubt, but it will come down to picks and prospects and the Bruins are rich in that department.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Stamkos, hahhaa, the best young goal scorer in the league, it would take Seguin, Krecji, AND Rask to get that kid; probably ask for one of those TO draft picks this spring as well....no way this happens from either end; Yzerman is running the show down there, he will never give up his prize player unless it was a Crosby-Malkin-Ovechkin type player in return. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

I'd be changing my underwear pretty quick if Stamkos got traded.   I'd guarantee it ain't gonna happen, but someone might jump all over that.   Innocent

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Stanley, first round pick? seriously?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: St. Louis Reportedly interested in Ryder:[QUOTE]in the offseason ryder was untradeable.  All we wanted was for him to have a good start so we could trade him and clear caproom.  He's doing his part, so ditch him.  I don't care if he ends up scoring his 30 goal potential, he has greater likelihood that he'll crap out and end up with less than 20 on the year and everyone would be kicking themselves for not trading him while he had value.  If they can trade him, and they probably still can't trade him without taking SOMEthing back, then for the love of Pete, DO IT! Posted by Vilho[/QUOTE]

^This!