Stability in Practice: Light at the end of the tunnel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Stability in Practice: Light at the end of the tunnel

Makes sense that Julien has been mixing and matching in games these past weeks in response to injuries and horrible team play, but it was a breath of fresh air to read this:

Today’s lineup

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Jordan Caron
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Benoit Pouliot-Chris Kelly-Brian Rolston
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Dennis Seidenberg
    Andrew Ference-Johnny Boychuk
    Greg Zanon-Adam McQuaid
    Mike Mottau-Joe Corvo

My response? THIS is the light at the end of the tunnel we've all been looking for. The Seguin experiment w/ Krejci was good at first but clearly ran its course. Rolston simply wasn't working on the Bergeron line. Paille on the 3rd line wasn't any better. The defence has been scrambling, with Seids and Chara looking like they are trying to do everything themselves out there, and therefore not doing much of anything.

THIS is what the lineup should be. When Peverly comes back, he can be plugged in for Caron, Rolston or Pouliot, depending on what those lines are doing at the time of his return. Everyone else stay put! Chara and Seids can recapture their game by working together, and we know that Boychuck and Ference are a good fit. Zanon-McQuaid your prototypical stay-at-home 3rd pairing.

Roll with this, Claude. Give it time. Let your players get back to basics and be comfortable. I think this is the lineup that can turn things around. If not, then the Bs don't deserve the playoffs anyway.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Stability in Practice: Light at the end of the tunnel

In Response to Stability in Practice: Light at the end of the tunnel:
    [QUOTE]Makes sense that Julien has been mixing and matching in games these past weeks in response to injuries and horrible team play, but it was a breath of fresh air to read this: Today’s lineup Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Jordan Caron Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin Benoit Pouliot-Chris Kelly-Brian Rolston Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton Zdeno Chara-Dennis Seidenberg Andrew Ference-Johnny Boychuk Greg Zanon-Adam McQuaid Mike Mottau-Joe Corvo My response? THIS is the light at the end of the tunnel we've all been looking for. The Seguin experiment w/ Krejci was good at first but clearly ran its course. Rolston simply wasn't working on the Bergeron line. Paille on the 3rd line wasn't any better. The defence has been scrambling, with Seids and Chara looking like they are trying to do everything themselves out there, and therefore not doing much of anything. THIS is what the lineup should be. When Peverly comes back, he can be plugged in for Caron, Rolston or Pouliot, depending on what those lines are doing at the time of his return. Everyone else stay put! Chara and Seids can recapture their game by working together, and we know that Boychuck and Ference are a good fit. Zanon-McQuaid your prototypical stay-at-home 3rd pairing. Roll with this, Claude. Give it time. Let your players get back to basics and be comfortable. I think this is the lineup that can turn things around. If not, then the Bs don't deserve the playoffs anyway.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    It's nice to see Corvo on the 4th pairing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

That it is dez.

Nice to see Zanon on the 3rd too. I like his play. His name doesn't get mentioned a lot, which to me is good news.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

C'mon Bruins.  Statement game on St-Paddy's.  C'MON!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This lineup may prove to be the slump-buster starting tomorrow vs Philly.  Young Caron, showing no fear of bulling his way to the goal will hopefully benefit from some nice feeds from both Krejci and Lucic, a bull in his own right. 

Zanon is steady if unspectacular and a good match for McQuaid.  McQuaid's shown more of a willingness to wade deep into the offensive zone this year so Zanon is sure to hang back in coverage.  Looks good.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Haven't seen much to say that Zannon is an upgrade over Corvo, he had some tough games and looked like Corvo minus the tiny offensive upside. But hey, I guess it's worth a shot.

As much as everyone dislikes Pouliot, having him back in the lineup is a big upgrade over McD as he does have much more skill.

Krejic has looked disinterested in games with his weak passes while Seguin needed to remember that Krejic and Lucic are slower than Marchand and Bergeron. Good move to put him back on that line (was last game as well - once they were down).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Stability in Practice: Light at the end of the tunnel:
    [QUOTE]Yes, this ostensibly looks good on paper.   We'll only know if it works once they're on the ice on Saturday. If the "will to win" is not there, all the rearranging won't fix much. Right now, they need to focus ONLY on the game in front of them, not the playoffs.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

You said it, buddy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Caron is out if his element on the first line. Problem is that there are not a lot of options right now. At least we know Whitfield will not be wasting a roster space with the B's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

The lines are probably okay under the circumstances, but it doesn't really matter with the Thomas & Turco show letting in 6 goals on 23 shots. Philly will be up 2-0 by the 8:00 mark of the first and they'll score at least 6 on the day. I hate it, but I've seen nothing to give me any confidence that it will be any different.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

CJ is putting together what will probably be the playoff line up. Zanon and McQuaid won't play many minutes but should be stable. I like this. Losing Corvo's offence, but back to meat and potatoes defence.

In Response to Stability in Practice: Light at the end of the tunnel:
    [QUOTE]Makes sense that Julien has been mixing and matching in games these past weeks in response to injuries and horrible team play, but it was a breath of fresh air to read this: Today’s lineup Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Jordan Caron Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin Benoit Pouliot-Chris Kelly-Brian Rolston Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton Zdeno Chara-Dennis Seidenberg Andrew Ference-Johnny Boychuk Greg Zanon-Adam McQuaid Mike Mottau-Joe Corvo My response? THIS is the light at the end of the tunnel we've all been looking for. The Seguin experiment w/ Krejci was good at first but clearly ran its course. Rolston simply wasn't working on the Bergeron line. Paille on the 3rd line wasn't any better. The defence has been scrambling, with Seids and Chara looking like they are trying to do everything themselves out there, and therefore not doing much of anything. THIS is what the lineup should be. When Peverly comes back, he can be plugged in for Caron, Rolston or Pouliot, depending on what those lines are doing at the time of his return. Everyone else stay put! Chara and Seids can recapture their game by working together, and we know that Boychuck and Ference are a good fit. Zanon-McQuaid your prototypical stay-at-home 3rd pairing. Roll with this, Claude. Give it time. Let your players get back to basics and be comfortable. I think this is the lineup that can turn things around. If not, then the Bs don't deserve the playoffs anyway.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Stability in Practice: Light at the end of the tunnel:[QUOTE] Zanon and McQuaid won't play many minutes but should be stable. I like this. Losing Corvo's offence, but back to meat and potatoes defence. In Response to Stability in Practice: Light at the end of the tunnel :Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Along with clean defensive zone breakouts and puck possesion will help start to right the ship as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Jaywall, I mentioned a month ago before the Peverly injury that Caron belonged on the first line.  Why?  Cause CJs system relies on positional play and understanding the others on the respective lines and defensive parings.  Caron is definitely not a first liner!  But the other lines are better with him at that position. Now for Corvo, his play is absolutely horrible, if he does not make a "Wideman" gaft then he makes a dumb outlet pass which brings the opposing offense crashing down on the defense.  He needs to sit period.  Ala Ryder last year!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

only hard work and physical play will turn this around (or the shame of missing the playoffs.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stability in Practice: Light at the end of the tunnel : Along with clean defensive zone breakouts and puck possesion will help start to right the ship as well.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Which used to be a tradmark, eh Dawg?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Jaywall, I mentioned a month ago before the Peverly injury that Caron belonged on the first line.  Why?  Cause CJs system relies on positional play and understanding the others on the respective lines and defensive parings.  Caron is definitely not a first liner!  But the other lines are better with him at that position. Now for Corvo, his play is absolutely horrible, if he does not make a "Wideman" gaft then he makes a dumb outlet pass which brings the opposing offense crashing down on the defense.  He needs to sit period.  Ala Ryder last year!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Good point about Caron.

As for Corvo, any alleged offense he brings is overwhelmed by his shoddy defence so yes, the B's will likely be better without him. At least try a game or two with Zanon replacing Corvo and see what happens. Not like CJ is completely reliant on olde Joe for anything in particular.... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

I think that this is one of the first times that I have read a comete positive thread!!! This is constructive and awesome. Makes me proud to be a Bruins fan. I told a friend mine, who happens to be a Pens fan, that as painful as it is to watch the B's play as of late I will always watch and be the best fan I can be. And come guys you know that there were some awful years. I think and believe that Boston can pull this off. They will start clicking again and I can't wait to see it.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stability in Practice: Light at the end of the tunnel : Bingo.  Both you and Dawg are right on.  This has been the front and center problem the past 25 or so games.   And that's what aggravates me to heck. Something that's so fundamental to this team's M.O. is what they can't find....
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Should be automatic with the players they have on the roster, ipot.  Plus the knowledge they have of what makes them go. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I know Zanon has really no upside offensively but he is willing to take the body and he will block shots. Corvo is just awful in his end and his offense does not justify him being in the lineup.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I think we gave up on the Lucic - Krejci - Seguin line far too soon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Stability in Practice: Light at the end of the tunnel:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stability in Practice: Light at the end of the tunnel : Which used to be a tradmark, eh Dawg? Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I can't remember what it looked like it has been so long but when they fix these two solutions the Bs will start winning. Possessing the puck is the best defense always has been.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Lucic, Krejci, Seguin line is a good line and should be kept together.... AS LONG AS ANOTHER LINE IS SCORING. Right now, there isn't, so other teams are having no problem shutting them down. Corvo healthy scratch tonight, as per Fluto. Yay.