Stamkos: Don't be surprised if...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Stamkos: Don't be surprised if...

With my ear pressed firmly to the ground here in TO, I hear rumblings that the Stamkos camp is leaning too.... none other than the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Stamkos is intent on realizing his dream of playing for the Leafs.

We Bruin fans may be going through this same scenario in two years with Tyler Seguin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Stamkos: Don't be surprised if...

Phil will be pissed if he has to play second fiddle to Stamkos - I love it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Stamkos: Don't be surprised if...:
    [QUOTE]With my ear pressed firmly to the ground here in TO, I hear rumblings that the Stamkos camp is leaning too.... none other than the Toronto Maple Leafs. Stamkos is intent on realizing his dream of playing for the Leafs. We Bruin fans may be going through this same scenario in two years with Tyler Seguin.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

i think seguin is going to be pretty happy playing for a good team winning cups left and right. players don't seem to bolt for their hometown team too frequently, lucic was playing for the bruins this season, not the canucks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Maybe but Chiarelli can still match any offer after Tyler scores 45 goals then 51 goals but first things first Seguin has to accomplish these two great feats. Back to the Tampa situation Yzerman can still match any offer.

Good luck to you Brian Burke in your search to fork over 4 1st round draft picks and oh best wishes to all you closet Leaf fans as well Money mouth

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i wonder if in the history of the NHL a team that finished bottom 10 3 years in a row had traded their next 6 first round picks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

and if Burke makes Stamkos an offer he'll go down as the biggest hypocrite in history after his tirade against Kevin Lowe for signing Dustin Penner to an offer sheet....

as for going the trade route the way Burke did with Kessel, forget it because Yzerman won't even answer the phone....

come October Stamkos will be wearing a Lightning uni with a new longterm deal signed....  bet on it....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

say this is true, have to think Stevie Y wouldnt let him go for 4 first round picks, not a great return.....would Tampa try and trade him in the next 2 days?.....

imagine this scenario

To Toronto

Stamkos

To Tampa

Kessel
    Kadri
    2 first round picks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Burke will use the same tactics ala Kessel, no offer sheet.

Phil Kessel will love Tampa. Bring your swim trunks, Phil.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Ever played is rumored to be traded to Toronto at some point in their career

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonrob13. Show bostonrob13's posts

Toronto gave up 2 first round picks for Kessel and that was a big deal. It's completely unrealistic to think they'll give up 4 for Stamkos. Everyone knows that the draft is usually a great way to build a team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

In Response to Re: Stamkos: Don't be surprised if...:
    [QUOTE]say this is true, have to think Stevie Y wouldnt let him go for 4 first round picks, not a great return.....would Tampa try and trade him in the next 2 days?..... imagine this scenario To Toronto Stamkos To Tampa Kessel Kadri 2 first round picks
    Posted by darrenryan[/QUOTE]

I think that's one of the funniest trade proposals I've ever read. No more insane than some more serious ones I've read either. Come on BB, get it done!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It would be foolish to offer a sheet to Stamkos.  Tampa would just match.  And if they don't you give up a pile of 1sts and a bunch of cap space.  Really bad way to build a team.  Bruke's already a hypocrite, he was threatening the offer sheet with Kessel, and said it was different because he was giving PC warning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't think Stamkos will receive any offer sheet.  I still expect him to sign before the deadline.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

I seriously doubt that Steve Yzerman would want anything to do with Phil Kessel. Also, I'd bet that despite his ego, Burke probably learned a lesson by trading away two first round picks. Can't see him doing anything similar again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Stamkos: Don't be surprised if...:
    [QUOTE]It would be foolish to offer a sheet to Stamkos.  Tampa would just match.  And if they don't you give up a pile of 1sts and a bunch of cap space.  Really bad way to build a team.  Bruke's already a hypocrite, he was threatening the offer sheet with Kessel, and said it was different because he was giving PC warning.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Well...It is a bit different. Lowe blinsided Burke- rightly or wrongly; Lowe was within his rights to do so; but Brian figured him & Lowe were close enough friends & had mutual respect; not to do that. I can't say I blame Burke for being pissed; but at the same time Burkie took his feelings to the extreme & got the media involved.