Standings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Standings

If the Bs can play an up tempo offensive game as witnessed in the Penguin game the games this weekend should be entertaining.  

One thing I have noticed lately is how Atlanta has dropped in the standings as the LA KIngs in the west.  The other thing I did notice is how Carolina has moved up and is playing well nearly ready to be in competition with Atlanta.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

They are currently 3rd.  Doesnt that constitute "one of the tops teams in the east"?  Also, I dont care about the standings all that much.  We've seen what can happen over and over.  If the next 2 games were their last 2, Id agree, but they arent so I dont.  I do agree that they need to step it up though.  Even in their wins they havent looked great/solid, or played for 60.  Thats what theyll need in the playoffs, and right now, this team doesnt look like theyre going far in the playoff.  However, again, that could be said of last years Flyers, who made it into the playoffs on a shootout win in the last game of the season. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Hard to complain about the standings right now, with 1st in the div, 3rd in the east conf and 8th overall but i beleive it could of been better if they played consisten hockey and for that matter, could of been worse if they had shoddy goaltending.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

healthy be in top 8 playing well at seasons end is only thing that matters

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I do like the way the Bruins have climbed up the standings so when they do have "not a full 60 minutes" mini losing streaks and Montreal over takes the Bruins they don't slip to 8th place they only to 5th.

Tampa is now within reach in 2nd just wait till PC gets a PP quarterback!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Standings:
    [QUOTE]healthy be in top 8 playing well at seasons end is only thing that matters
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]
    I actually agree with you Bruins8.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

In Response to Re: Standings:
    [QUOTE]They are currently 3rd.  Doesnt that constitute "one of the tops teams in the east"?  Also, I dont care about the standings all that much.  We've seen what can happen over and over.  If the next 2 games were their last 2, Id agree, but they arent so I dont.  I do agree that they need to step it up though.  Even in their wins they havent looked great/solid, or played for 60.  Thats what theyll need in the playoffs, and right now, this team doesnt look like theyre going far in the playoff.  However, again, that could be said of last years Flyers, who made it into the playoffs on a shootout win in the last game of the season. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Yes in a sense, but the pointsto standings are disjointed (as you know) because of the division leader getting the top 3 automatically (which I completely disagree with).  We are now in the top 5 in points, with 1-2 games in hand, yet Montreal is 7th, so we have both 2nd and 8th place well in grasp.  A win vs. Pitt will put keep us in the top 3, and we will deserve that 3rd place, as both Pitt and Washington will have more points than us, but we will have 3 and 2 games in hand, repectively.

Go B's!!!