Stanley Cup Hangover?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Stanley Cup Hangover?

I am getting that same feeling that I had when the only thing that was being discussed in the media and around the team was the Stanley Cup Hangover.  Right now it's all about the B's tough stretch.  19 games in 34 days, 33 games in 61 days, etc...  I am feeling a bit anxious right now, because the B's didn't handle the Stanley Cup Hangover too well, and the scheduling gods are putting it on the black & gold down the stretch.  Here's to hoping the training staff is prepared to keeping these guys healthy and as fresh as can be.  Wonder if the B's or any other NHL teams have cryotherapy chambers or hypobaric sleeping chambers to aid in recovery?  I know that there are teams in the NBA that use them, they started when they had a condensed schedule from the lockout as well.  If not, then a little deer antler spray might just do the trick.!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Stanley Cup Hangover?

Don't worry MeanE.

The Boys have a bad taste in their mouths from last year, and they went through this summer without Stanley.

Both of these things will keep them more than motivated this time around.

The important thing is for the fans not to take every game as if it a matter of life or death. One game at a time does it. Every game does not have to be perfect. The results will come, so will the ultimate goal.

This team has a sixth gear - they've shown it twice against the Rangers. No other team in the league has it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Apples and oranges.  That whole "Cup Hangover" thing is a fun talking point for the media.  There's probably an element of truth to it, and maybe they had a slow start because of it last year, but it had zilch to do with the Bruins losing to Washington in the playoffs.  They turned it on and dominated for 25 games or so then coasted to the playoffs.

This schedule thing - everyone's going to have some version of it if they haven't already.  The players had an extra long break this year - even if that meant playing in softer Euro leagues.  Depth will be important, sure, but this is another easy story for the media to wring it's hands and say "let's watch them deal with adversity!"  I like Rask's comment - we'll take it a game at a time.  Perfect response to media stupidity - a cliche.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Don't worry MeanE.

The Boys have a bad taste in their mouths from last year, and they went through this summer without Stanley.

Both of these things will keep them more than motivated this time around.

The important thing is for the fans not to take every game as if it a matter of life or death. One game at a time does it. Every game does not have to be perfect. The results will come, so will the ultimate goal.

This team has a sixth gear - they've shown it twice against the Rangers. No other team in the league has it.

I watched the Kings /Ducks game last night and boy when the Kings want to they can really bring it. They were all over the Ducks in the third period and basically took the game by force. They are a big team and i think are finding their stride, will be tough to beat in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I watched the Kings /Ducks game last night and boy when the Kings want to they can really bring it. They were all over the Ducks in the third period and basically took the game by force. They are a big team and i think are finding their stride, will be tough to beat in the playoffs.

50, I'll concede that the Kings can "bring it". But, they don't have a sixth gear.

"Bringing it" or sixth gear does not work against this Bruins' defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

50, I'll concede that the Kings can "bring it". But, they don't have a sixth gear.

"Bringing it" or sixth gear does not work against this Bruins' defense.

While i'll agree Wheats that the B's defence when playing at the top of their game can handle any team,the Kings like i said with their big forwards can present a problem for anyone. I think if it ever happened a B's/Kings final would be great and that the B's would prevail, but that being said the Bruins defence would have to be healthy as their hands would be full.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I disagree completely about the Kings not comparing the to Bruins. They have all the intagibles the Bruins have and if they get it together they'll be tough to beat in a 7 game series. Can you  imagine Lucic & Brown, Seguin & Kopitar, Doughty & Chara...Quick & Rask. This would be an all out war of a final!! Hope it happens. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

While i'll agree Wheats that the B's defence when playing at the top of their game can handle any team,the Kings like i said with their big forwards can present a problem for anyone. I think if it ever happened a B's/Kings final would be great and that the B's would prevail, but that being said the Bruins defence would have to be healthy as their hands would be full.

Agree.

The Kings had their toughest test came against the Devils, last year. The Bruins will be a nut the Kings won't crack.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yeh , can you imagine how tough a nut the Caps would have been to crack. Gears and nuts ?

Getting ahead of ourselves much?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Yeh , can you imagine how tough a nut the Caps would have been to crack. Gears and nuts ?

Getting ahead of ourselves much?

Why not, chat boards are meant for dreaming, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yeh, I get it. It's time though to realize that 2011 is done. Last year was like playing with house money. Ryder, Recchi and TT aren't here anymore. I'm really hoping that the GM has a few tricks up his sleeve, because it won't take much to make this team a total nightmare to play against. I'm also hoping that the fragmented reg season record doesn't give everyone a false sense of security. One more weapon could be a big game changer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Kings officially ended their supposed "Cup Hangover" last night. LA, in the 3rd period, looked like the scary team the steam rolled everyone in the playoffs last year as they pummeled the Ducks.

PC better speed up the look for depth as the injured list in Providence keeps growing...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The Kings officially ended their supposed "Cup Hangover" last night. LA, in the 3rd period, looked like the scary team the steam rolled everyone in the playoffs last year as they pummeled the Ducks.

PC better speed up the look for depth as the injured list in Providence keeps growing...

Thats exactly what i saw and Anaheim were one of the hottest teams in the league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Yeh, I get it. It's time though to realize that 2011 is done. Last year was like playing with house money. Ryder, Recchi and TT aren't here anymore. I'm really hoping that the GM has a few tricks up his sleeve, because it won't take much to make this team a total nightmare to play against. I'm also hoping that the fragmented reg season record doesn't give everyone a false sense of security. One more weapon could be a big game changer.

Sure would and it will.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thats exactly what i saw and Anaheim were one of the hottest teams in the league.

When I see Sutter with his game plan/playercard over his mouth and not  saying anything, that means his team is going to get ripped in between periods. It was like two different games last night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Yeah, they looked not unlike the Bruins of November and December of 2011.

They will mirror the Bruins' season after the Cup to the letter - first round knockout.