''Stanley told you so '' All my predictions for 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: ''Stanley told you so '' All my predictions for 2013

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Wow, I work for a couple hours and then come back to this.  I'm so conflicted.  It's amusing in some sick way, but mental disabilities can be a tad disturbing too.  I kind of like Badhab's approach truth be told.  It reminds me of Mice and Men -- "of course Stanley, you'll be GM and we can pick the players, and your "wife" will be there too, and Wheeler...he'll stop by for a milkshake, sure Stanley" (...cocking the gun...).

What is it with this board where people make baseless racial comments and then recoil in horror when somebody points out that it is racist?  I mean, I'm surpised you're so insulted when you operate from that mindset.  I'm not even upset about it, because Stanley's delusions are so childish and harmless, but it isn't being dramatic to say something is racist...when it is.  The notion that black players have an easier time making it in the NHL and don't have to actually be talented, needs a little more work.

But when someone isn't even aware they are being mocked, it is kind of hard to pile on.  The Brian McGratton prediction was a funny one and although he never got called up, we'll assume that he played a big role in the championship.  Stanley, I think you belong in an institution, but if you want to make idiotic predictions and then celebrate the 10% you get right, fine.  Just keep this foolishness to one thread -- that's something I think everyone will agree on.

Good thing I'm not banned from the thread...but Cam Neely warned me personally to tone it done with the front office talent.

P.S. The Bruins have played 5 games.  Close enough though, right?

I used to cringe when other posters made of Stanley as i truly believe he is mentally disabled. The last few weeks, because of his antics my sympathy level is now at zero. I'm not one to make fun of the mentally disabled, but he sure is testing my morals.

Told you you were banned from my thread kelvana...unless u have something positive to say...sorry about that , I will reevaluate your permit March 1 st 2013..., until than....so long

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

This thread is to say something positive about the BRUINS and /or make your game predictions..not to insult anyone or make negative comments ..please respect these rules

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Wow, I work for a couple hours and then come back to this.  I'm so conflicted.  It's amusing in some sick way, but mental disabilities can be a tad disturbing too.  I kind of like Badhab's approach truth be told.  It reminds me of Mice and Men -- "of course Stanley, you'll be GM and we can pick the players, and your "wife" will be there too, and Wheeler...he'll stop by for a milkshake, sure Stanley" (...cocking the gun...).

What is it with this board where people make baseless racial comments and then recoil in horror when somebody points out that it is racist?  I mean, I'm surpised you're so insulted when you operate from that mindset.  I'm not even upset about it, because Stanley's delusions are so childish and harmless, but it isn't being dramatic to say something is racist...when it is.  The notion that black players have an easier time making it in the NHL and don't have to actually be talented, needs a little more work.

But when someone isn't even aware they are being mocked, it is kind of hard to pile on.  The Brian McGratton prediction was a funny one and although he never got called up, we'll assume that he played a big role in the championship.  Stanley, I think you belong in an institution, but if you want to make idiotic predictions and then celebrate the 10% you get right, fine.  Just keep this foolishness to one thread -- that's something I think everyone will agree on.

Good thing I'm not banned from the thread...but Cam Neely warned me personally to tone it done with the front office talent.

Beautifully stated Fletch. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Stanley - watch this...

Dear Mr. Chowda,

I will carefully consder your suggestion, however it does not now fit in with our current plans.  If a condition should arise in the future where we might consider your suggestion, we will contact you at that time.

Thank you,

The management

See?  It doesn't work to go off telling him he's an idiot and so on.  You just kind of blow him off and don't tick him off and he goes away happy.  Works every time.

Stanley, watch this. Sometimes it doesn't.

Dear Mr. Badhab,

Don't let your big fat wallet get in the way of telling the truth. Have the decency to tell it like it is and not be a b#ll faced liar. You only hire stats geeks ! 

Glad I didn't get the job.

Screw you,

The Overqualified

I walk away even happier. 

[/QUOTE]

See that Stanley?  A satisfied customer!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Stanley - watch this...

Dear Mr. Chowda,

I will carefully consder your suggestion, however it does not now fit in with our current plans.  If a condition should arise in the future where we might consider your suggestion, we will contact you at that time.

Thank you,

The management

See?  It doesn't work to go off telling him he's an idiot and so on.  You just kind of blow him off and don't tick him off and he goes away happy.  Works every time.

Stanley, watch this. Sometimes it doesn't.

Dear Mr. Badhab,

Don't let your big fat wallet get in the way of telling the truth. Have the decency to tell it like it is and not be a b#ll faced liar. You only hire stats geeks ! 

Glad I didn't get the job.

Screw you,

The Overqualified

I walk away even happier. 

See that Stanley?  A satisfied customer!

[/QUOTE]

Lol lol lol lol. Badhab you are simply the best.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I will be at the game Feb 6th at the Bell Center ...great seats ....looking forward to watch the BRUINS in action ....Khudo in the net would be AWESOME.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

What is it with this board where people make baseless racial comments and then recoil in horror when somebody points out that it is racist?  I mean, I'm surpised you're so insulted when you operate from that mindset.  I'm not even upset about it, because Stanley's delusions are so childish and harmless, but it isn't being dramatic to say something is racist...when it is.  The notion that black players have an easier time making it in the NHL and don't have to actually be talented, needs a little more work.

Stanley,

The problem with this thread within the thread is that people simply read what you wrote and didn't read what you meant.  They got confused and thought you meant what you wrote when they really should have known what you were thinking.  It's confusing.   It's best to avoid mention of race or sex because it's easy to get misinterpreted as what may or may not have been the case here.

Have to work on the public face.  Whether or not you become GM it's a valuable skill.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Stanley,

The problem with this thread within the thread is that people simply read what you wrote and didn't read what you meant.  They got confused and thought you meant what you wrote when they really should have known what you were thinking.  It's confusing.   It's best to avoid mention of race or sex because it's easy to get misinterpreted as what may or may not have been the case here.

Have to work on the public face.  Whether or not you become GM it's a valuable skill.

So maybe I should go back to my old habits of posting a new thread for every new predictions ???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Nooooo

You already have 134 posts in this thread already, only after 2 days.

You will have over 1000 posts in this thread by sometime in February.

By season's end there will be several thousand post, by far the most popular thread on the board.

And follow my advice about talking to these idiots fans and you will be the most popular poster as well as the most popular threads.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Nooooo

You already have 134 posts in this thread already, only after 2 days.

You will have over 1000 posts in this thread by sometime in February.

By season's end there will be several thousand post, by far the most popular thread on the board.

And follow my advice about talking to these idiots fans and you will be the most popular poster as well as the most popular threads.

Bad phab I said no insult among Bruins fans  please...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

0-8

You've been wrong on all 6 score predictions so far, and wrong on your two player scoring predictions for the Jets game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to red75's comment:

0-8

Red did u get my message ?? On your board ...??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Stanley, I found what you apologized for condescending, but really it's no big deal. Apology for that accepted. It's all your other posts that bother me. You used to be fun (like a crazy old uncle) but now you've descended into delusions, and when I show you the facts of how you're wrong, you ignore them. That's what's ticking me off.

The fact is you're 0-8 - don't put lipstick on a pig.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

i am now 4 for 6 in picking the winners in each B's game ...

my prediction for next game is 

BRUINS 4. Sabres 1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Great and exciting game tonight. Nice come back by oir BRUINS...u gotta love Nathan Horton ..always there when we really need him ...Rask was great during the SO 

7th Stanley Cup on its way to Boston

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Stanley, based on last season and this season, anyone could pick the Bruins to win every game and hit close to or above 70 per cent, a child could do that (oddly, the one game you picked the Bruins not to win, they won). But that's not what you're doing, you're trying to pick the scores and in two circumstances the goal scorers. You're 0-8, including those other two predictions.

Why do I let you keep dragging me in? Unlike a lot of posters here, I don't think you're mentally diasabled. If I did I wouldn't confront you - I would never kick a cripple. I just think you're a fool, and worst of all you fool yourself - I don't suffer fools well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Red when will we get the stats for your pool ?

by the way red my predictions for each game winners is just for fun ....and if it is that easy try to predict the winners with me from now on and we will compare our stats at the end of the season...I challenge  you red 

starting next game ...I pick the Bruins and the score for the tie braker how about that ? I say 4-1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Been crazy busy, hopefully the pool update will be tomorrow, and daily there after (I need a few clear hours in a row to transfer my spreadsheet data to the website tracker) .

And fine, I predict the Bruins will win the next 42 games (percentage wise I bet we'll be close come the end).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Been crazy busy, hopefully the pool update will be tomorrow, and daily there after (I need a few clear hours in a row to transfer my spreadsheet data to the website tracker) .

And fine, I predict the Bruins will win the next 42 games (percentage wise I bet we'll be close come the end).

Ok thanks for your dedication red ...I will take the challenge of for B's winner in each game starting next game but u gotta give your score for tie braker ..A ) we'll take the number of goals score by the winer as a tie braker and if it is stll tie we will take the goals score by the losing team......Jets should have won tonight ...another goal by BW

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

No Stanley, I won't predict scores - that's a fools errand. This league is too volatile and the parity is too great to reasonably predict scores. I'll leave that to the unreasonable. You're 0-8 because you think this is reasonably doable - I'm content in the uncertainty.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Stanley, based on last season and this season, anyone could pick the Bruins to win every game and hit close to or above 70 per cent, a child could do that (oddly, the one game you picked the Bruins not to win, they won). But that's not what you're doing, you're trying to pick the scores and in two circumstances the goal scorers. You're 0-8, including those other two predictions.

Why do I let you keep dragging me in? Unlike a lot of posters here, I don't think you're mentally diasabled. If I did I wouldn't confront you - I would never kick a cripple. I just think you're a fool, and worst of all you fool yourself - I don't suffer fools well.

Red for President....i mean Prime Minister!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Red for President....i mean Prime Minister!!

100% and she has my vote

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

0-8

You've been wrong on all 6 score predictions so far, and wrong on your two player scoring predictions for the Jets game.

re: the 0-8.  Be fair.  he did say the scores were just an 'extra'.

re: they win 70% of their games and simply picking all wins will give you a success rate of 70%.  So what's the problem with playing the odds to make a prediction?  If a prediction is overwhelmingly statistically does that make it less vallid?  I predict there will be a snow storm in Halifax within the next month.  Is this prediction invalid?

Rabid enthusiasm without logic is something we should cherish, not condemn.  It's the basis of many a succesful marriage.  It should be contained, yes, but an outlet has to be provided for it. My spouse would say most of my predictions are outrageous.  She can't fathom my buying a lottery ticket, she's never bought one in her life and to her it's like throwing money into a trash can.  Well it very well may be.  However she patronizes me to an extent and curtails my gambling and somehow it all works.  Antagonism would get us nowhere.

With the correct cajoling, patronizing and humor unbridled enthusiasm can be channeled into something positive.  It takes work.

And when I win on that lottery ticket I will enjoy telling my wife she was wrong about my retirement investment strategy as much as I will the money.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

0-8

You are the KING badhab ...

By the way that thing tossed on the ice during the shootout could have been terrible if Seguin would have missed his 2nd trial ...OMG fans are stupids sometimes ..thank GOD we have great fans like badhab and red to increase the level of intelligence ....

re: the 0-8.  Be fair.  he did say the scores were just an 'extra'.

re: they win 70% of their games and simply picking all wins will give you a success rate of 70%.  So what's the problem with playing the odds to make a prediction?  If a prediction is overwhelmingly statistically does that make it less vallid?  I predict there will be a snow storm in Halifax within the next month.  Is this prediction invalid?

Rabid enthusiasm without logic is something we should cherish, not condemn.  It's the basis of many a succesful marriage.  It should be contained, yes, but an outlet has to be provided for it. My spouse would say most of my predictions are outrageous.  She can't fathom my buying a lottery ticket, she's never bought one in her life and to her it's like throwing money into a trash can.  Well it very well may be.  However she patronizes me to an extent and curtails my gambling and somehow it all works.  Antagonism would get us nowhere.

With the correct cajoling, patronizing and humor unbridled enthusiasm can be channeled into something positive.  It takes work.

And when I win on that lottery ticket I will enjoy telling my wife she was wrong about my retirement investment strategy as much as I will the money.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yah, that's one case where I hope that idiot caught a beating from the crowd.