Stick With North American Players

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Stick With North American Players

I hope PC and the Bruins stick with North American players for the future, other than Chara and Seidenburg most European players lack grit ,this is what is needed to make it through the playoffs. Which team had the most Canadian players last year? The Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins. The fact that I am from Niagara Falls Canada may have a little something to do with my opinion and I am rooting for D Hamilton and the Niagara IceDogs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

Re: Stick With North American Players

how about, go after players that will help you win a stanley cup, regardless of where they are from? I agree with you that that means gritty guys. I don't think anyone is going to complain about the toughness of krejci, chara, seids, and tuuks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yes, I was worried Chiarelli may go after a Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Malkin. Those guys are just like Krejci, can't score in the playoffs when it's tough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Stick With North American Players:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I was worried Chiarelli may go after a Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Malkin. Those guys are just like Krejci, can't score in the playoffs when it's tough.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    Agreed Oates. The days of deciding whether a player is gritty based upon his birth certificate are long gone. Is there a young player in the league with more grit than Landeskog?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Lets not forget Forsberg, the Statsny brothers, Lidstrom, 1972 team Russia Summitt Series team Canada thought it would be a walk over, Bjore Salming,
    Hasek stood on his head against team Canada and the Czechs ended up winning
    Pavel Bure .....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The poster is correct. Watching Dustin Penner and how he sqeezes every ounce of talent out of that huge frame inspires me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]The poster is correct. Watching Dustin Penner and how he sqeezes every ounce of talent out of that huge frame inspires me.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

haha. Beat me to it but I was going to go with Wheeler!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I'm a little weary about Russian born players. Though there are greats like Datysuk, Malkin, Bure, Ovechkin.... it's always a risk because of the difference between the KHL and NHL.

But to say all non-north american players are gritless is probably one of the stupidest things I've heard. Bruins win one cup with a gritty style and now that's the requirement to win the Cup? Look at the teams who won it in years before them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Watching the opening game of the playoffs and the train wreck crashes between Seidenberg and Ovechkin, and you are going to say Euros are still all soft?

Really, comes join us here and forget 1970.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Stupid. 

No examples needed from me.

Okay, maybe one.

Gotta love that heavy hitting Phil Kessel.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Ya stupid post, just ask the Predators.I bet they wish they didn't have to deal with two selfish Russians who put themselves before the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Ya stupid post, just ask the Predators.I bet they wish they didn't have to deal with two selfish Russians who put themselves before the team.
    Posted by BRRocker[/QUOTE]

I agree.  In fact, if you look up "selfish" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of Daniel Alfredsson.