STRIKE OVER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: STRIKE OVER?

And while we're at it the Boston media is generally flippin useless when it comes to hockey.

Word of Kessel's lack of work ethic was out in the street long before it got to the papers.

Yah, SOME people have a vendetta against the internal drama, but I have said and still say it's relevant to hockey because I believe that if Kessel has a work ethic and got along with his team mates things would have played out differently with his trade.

So... does that give me credibility for being a hockey reporter?

No.  Of course not.

A blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

Think about that old expression, the squirrel actually FINDS a nut.

Eklund makes wildass guesses that sometimes turn out to be true.

Burton found a real story once.

Burton is the blind squirrel.  Eklund is simply full of it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Confirmed 

Murphy reported that sources close tot he negotiations are unaware of any statement that the lockout is over.

http://www.massholesports.com/2012/12/steve-burton-reported-that-nhl-lockout.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

It is not unreasonable to assume that local sources could be reliable on this for Burton.  Seems like the Bruins ownership/management is at the epicenter of the negotiations.  Might be a reasonable place to start. 

Not surprised that Jimmy Murphy or Haggs are not in on this this, those two are not real reporters.  Haggs just penned a hatchet-job on Jacobs the other day, guessing whatever access he had to management is gone now.

Let's see how this plays out, I am hoping Burton has this one right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Confirmed 

Murphy reported that sources close tot he negotiations are unaware of any statement that the lockout is over.

http://www.massholesports.com/2012/12/steve-burton-reported-that-nhl-lockout.html

[/QUOTE]

Thats not really any kind of "confirmation" Bad.  Just speculation on the speculation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Confirmed Murphy reported that sources close tot he negotiations are unaware of any statement that the lockout is over. http://www.massholesports.com/2012/12/steve-burton-reported-that-nhl-lockout.html

Sorry BadhHab but I would never put Haggs nor Murphy anywhere near the word "confirmed". This does not however make me think Burton is right and no one else had the scoop before him. Although I would love to be wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK, you're all right, Murphy was a bad choice, true.

However, just google the story and then pick one, everyone and their brother is denying it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Here is the News report w/ video:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/12/03/sources-significant-progress-made-towards-ending-nhl-lockout/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

My guess is that they have a agreement in principal; but do not want to admit anything until/unless it is something that is more "solid."  Things could have started moving along once the players started talking about decertifying for the first time.  No one wants that to happen...it is a nuclear option with HUGE implications and could mean that you won't see hockey for a year or two.

My guess, you will hear more after todays owner/player meeting...then all the parties can say they made progress because of the meeting.  Then players can point their fingers at Bettman and mgt can point their fingers at Fehr and everyone can hug and say all they needed to do is to talk.

(BTW been away from these boards for awhile...where did the check spelling button go?)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dbg1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My guess is that they have a agreement in principal; but do not want to admit anything until/unless it is something that is more "solid."  Things could have started moving along once the players started talking about decertifying for the first time.  No one wants that to happen...it is a nuclear option with HUGE implications and could mean that you won't see hockey for a year or two.

My guess, you will hear more after todays owner/player meeting...then all the parties can say they made progress because of the meeting.  Then players can point their fingers at Bettman and mgt can point their fingers at Fehr and everyone can hug and say all they needed to do is to talk.

(BTW been away from these boards for awhile...where did the check spelling button go?)

[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, but that doesn't say that they have an agreement in principle now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

NAS, NAS, NAS.....If you want to stick up for this reporter who said this...by all means please do so. I stuck up for Ledeuke, so that I have no issue with. But to try & degrade Bob Mac & Dregs totally shows that when you get your panties in a twist that you'll say just as dumb things as anyone else on here that you accuse so many others on here of doing! NOBODY & I mean NOBODY has the inside scope, knowledge & sources better than these two & Pierre Lebrun is getting there! To try & make a comparison in the hockey world regarding reports about these two is nothing short of ridiculous! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not saying it is the case here, and the report seems suspect as it has yet to be picked up elsewhere to any significant degree, but it was a local reporter out of Edmonton who first broke the deal last time around, so  I wouldn't be surprised if the news of the deal doesn't come from a source like Dreger or Bob Mac, but rather someone at a local level like the reporter in this instance.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Stop this please.  This is like my dream date with Catherine Zeta Jones.  Not happening.  If it does happen to be true, can I have CZJ over the start of the NHL hockey season?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I said to myself last night if there is any substance to this, one of the hockey guys will have something today. So far nothing, which is kind of supsrising, because while Burton has never struck me as a Bruins or hockey guy (nothing to do with the fact that he is black,I'll say the same thing about 90% of the Boston sportscasters) He has never been, to my knowledge a guy that throws stuff out there. From what I've seen and heard from him over the years he takes his job very seriously. He's a well respected reporter, I rememebr he got an exclusive with Mo Vaughn, has broke some stories that are primarily Red Sox related...I would like to hear something from him though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'd believe Burton Cummings over Steve Burton...at least Burton Cummings is from Canada.

I like Steve Burton but this would be one heck of a scoop.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stop this please.  This is like my dream date with Catherine Zeta Jones.  Not happening.  If it does happen to be true, can I have CZJ over the start of the NHL hockey season?

[/QUOTE]

She is my all-time favorite.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll believe this when I hear it from a credible hockey reporter.

Though, to be perfectly honest, I don't want to hear another G.D. thing about negotiations until a deal is done, or the season is cancelled.

And if the latter, then I'm done with hockey forever.

[/QUOTE]

Lol! Stop being so dramatic. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

49, I've heard the same sentiment from a lot of fans out here in Van. But you know as well as I do that you and the rest who say that will be back the moment the Canucks make another Cup run.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

49, I've heard the same sentiment from a lot of fans out here in Van. But you know as well as I do that you and the rest who say that will be back the moment the Canucks make another Cup run.

[/QUOTE]

I agree red. We all hate this lockout no matter how long it drags on but soon as it's over whether this season or not we'll all be back watching. I know I will.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NAS, NAS, NAS.....If you want to stick up for this reporter who said this...by all means please do so. I stuck up for Ledeuke, so that I have no issue with. But to try & degrade Bob Mac & Dregs totally shows that when you get your panties in a twist that you'll say just as dumb things as anyone else on here that you accuse so many others on here of doing! NOBODY & I mean NOBODY has the inside scope, knowledge & sources better than these two & Pierre Lebrun is getting there! To try & make a comparison in the hockey world regarding reports about these two is nothing short of ridiculous! 

[/QUOTE]

I hate the "If Bob MacKenzie says it, it's true" BS that we have to endure. 

And Ledeuke is a joke. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hate the "If Bob MacKenzie says it, it's true" BS that we have to endure. 

And Ledeuke is a joke. 

[/QUOTE]

Nobody said that everything BM says is true. But, for you to downgrade his reliability & sources to suit your agrument is a joke.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It isn't done to support my argument.  I've been saying this for years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like MacKenzie, I think he is very good at what he does. For me, I really look forward to what he has to say, especially leading up to the trade deadline and draft. I think he's very good at what he does and from what i understand he is well respected throughout the league. I absolutley love his response to the report by Steve Burton. Proffesionalism at it's finest right there.

Him, Peter King and Peter Gammons are the top 3 in their proffession as far as I'm concerned. When theyre coming on the radio, i wait in my car to see what they have to say. Now does everything they report come to fruition? No, but I'd be willing to bet theydid theyre homework and dont just throw things against the wall to see what sticks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like MacKenzie, I think he is very good at what he does. For me, I really look forward to what he has to say, especially leading up to the trade deadline and draft. I think he's very good at what he does and from what i understand he is well respected throughout the league. I absolutley love his response to the report by Steve Burton. Proffesionalism at it's finest right there.

Him, Peter King and Peter Gammons are the top 3 in their proffession as far as I'm concerned. When theyre coming on the radio, i wait in my car to see what they have to say. Now does everything they report come to fruition? No, but I'd be willing to bet theydid theyre homework and dont just throw things against the wall to see what sticks.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of that, Chowda.  I just don't take his word as gospel as others do.  I don't really pay much attention at all to any predictions or rumors during the season.  If the guy is right, I'll know about it because it happened.  If he's wrong, I won't have spent any time thinking about it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Media spike: cautiously optimistic.....  

Sounds hopeful, no matter what personal gospel a poster can make, the fact is NHL hockey seems to be on the horizon.  Get it on please!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of that, Chowda.  I just don't take his word as gospel as others do.  I don't really pay much attention at all to any predictions or rumors during the season.  If the guy is right, I'll know about it because it happened.  If he's wrong, I won't have spent any time thinking about it.

[/QUOTE]

Chowda is not in on this one...................but since my name's be mentioned........

I'll agree that B Mac is the best. Is he right every time ? Who is ? But when it comes to being "the voice of reason" ( sorry Fletch ) of hockey among the media he is at the top of my list. 

If someone said to me I take his word as gospel, I would say this is a misrepresentation of my ideas of his reporting. Most here are probably of the same opinion of him as I do.

When he talks I listen........and then I go from there.