STURM DEAL REVISITED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED

In Response to Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED : No the comments don't read arrogance.  But, the earlier ones made in the thread are just childish.  It is a forum for thought not for play.  Time to move on.  It has been fun to read commentaries and try to participate with some really insightful posters.  Yet if the posters of the forum are into baiting for self enjoyment, then I will go back to reading elsewhere. Cheers.  Go Bs!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Relax. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

it's done, dragged out a little too long. i'm curious about the future endeavours part...let the next round of speculation begin!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Don't like it.

I would rather they got rid of Ryder or Wheels.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Don't like it. I would rather they got rid of Ryder or Wheels.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Wheeler:  24 years old, unrealized potential, not having a great season but still might get 20 goals (on pace for 18), inexpensive, healthy (has played 190 of 191 career games).

Sturm:  32 years old, great two way player, more expensive, coming back from major injury.

I'll keep Wheeler.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

NAS I am one that usually agrees with you most of the time or gets your humor... I realize you didn't say to get rid of Wheeler.
     Your comments regarding Wheeler are a bit on the thin side. He has not had a statistically good season from an offense stand-point. Other than that, he has played very well. A very responsible player on the ice defensively. Really backchecks well...doesn't give up on the play. IMO He thinks the game defensively and is taking the body quite a bit more too (biggest area of growth for him this year). No I am not Jack Edwards or Wheeler's mom...the offense will follow...
    Good Luck Marco, I will miss your goal celebrations!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED : Wheeler:  24 years old, unrealized potential, not having a great season but still might get 20 goals (on pace for 18), inexpensive, healthy (has played 190 of 191 career games). Sturm:  32 years old, great two way player, more expensive, coming back from major injury. I'll keep Wheeler.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

of course Brickley just commented that Wheeler should have taken the body in the d-zone...still improving...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]NAS I am one that usually agrees with you most of the time or gets your humor... I realize you didn't say to get rid of Wheeler.  Your comments regarding Wheeler are a bit on the thin side. He has not had a statistically good season from an offense stand-point. Other than that, he has played very well. A very responsible player on the ice defensively. Really backchecks well...doesn't give up on the play. IMO He thinks the game defensively and is taking the body quite a bit more too (biggest area of growth for him this year). No I am not Jack Edwards or Wheeler's mom...the offense will follow... Good Luck Marco, I will miss your goal celebrations!  In Response to Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED :
    Posted by TomOBrien[/QUOTE]

This analysis on Wheeler is way off.  The only accurate part is that he does backcheck hard, but this is because he's usually chasing after his own turnovers.

Wheeler is not having a bad season, he is having a bad 2 years(out of a 3 year career).  Wheeler gets bumped off the puck easy, he wins very few one-on-one battles in the corners, and he turns the puck over more than any player on this team.  It is a shock that he is still on this team.

The worst part is where on the ice his turnovers occur.  They are usually just over the offensive blue line.  For those that are well-versed in the game of hockey, turning the puck over in this area leads to odd man rushes in the other end.  You are taught in pee-wees to get a shot on net or get the puck in deep below the goal line...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS I am one that usually agrees with you most of the time or gets your humor... I realize you didn't say to get rid of Wheeler.  Your comments regarding Wheeler are a bit on the thin side. He has not had a statistically good season from an offense stand-point. Other than that, he has played very well. A very responsible player on the ice defensively. Really backchecks well...doesn't give up on the play. IMO He thinks the game defensively and is taking the body quite a bit more too (biggest area of growth for him this year). No I am not Jack Edwards or Wheeler's mom...the offense will follow... Good Luck Marco, I will miss your goal celebrations!  In Response to Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED :
    Posted by TomOBrien[/QUOTE]

Tom, I was trying to offer positives and negatives for each.  I found many more positives for Wheeler and many more negatives for Sturm, but I tried to make them even.  LOL  See ya Marco, thanks for playing hard, and thanks for that awesome Winter Classic goal.