1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

sturm really got 2.25 million?

in vancouver of all places

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: sturm really got 2.25 million?

Welcome to July 1!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I guess he convinced them his knees are good.  Or was it hips?  I can't remember.
    I actually think he will do them some good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i broke the sturm news to boston.com.....winning

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

I really miss Marco Sturm. One of my favorite Bruins.

He'll bring some class and honest effort to Vancouver, lord knows they need it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Marco's greatest asset was his speed, which i'm sure has suffered after his knee troubles. The Nucks could have had Benoit Pouliot for 1.1 mil.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: sturm really got 2.25 million?:
    [QUOTE]I really miss Marco Sturm. One of my favorite Bruins. He'll bring some class and honest effort to Vancouver, lord knows they need it.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

...then poor Marco will get hurt. Again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Can hockey players play in a wheelchair?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Whatever, Peter Forsberg got hurt a lot too. They were both robbed years of quality play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

God, a player with integrity signs for the Canucks. Who would have thought?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

they will LOVE Marco's goal celebrations in Vancouver and so will I.

A classy guy all around.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He was a good Bruin and still would be if he could stay healthy. Tha's alot of money, however, for someone who has zero shot of making it through a season. I wish him well

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

brought in to replace torres

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Based on who the Nucks lost (Erhoff, Torres and Glass) and who they have brought in (Sturm) they seemed to have gotten weaker. Calgary and Edmonton will simply follow in the B's footsteps and manhandle them all year...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Based on who the Nucks lost (Erhoff, Torres and Glass) and who they have brought in (Sturm) they seemed to have gotten weaker. Calgary and Edmonton will simply follow in the B's footsteps and manhandle them all year...
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Didn't you know there are a different set of rules for regular season play. The Nucks are built for those rules.  They won't get manhandled until the playoffs start. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not so sure about that Scooter now that the Oilers picked up Eager and Hordichuk. Both have legitimate beefs with the Nucks. The Hawks signed Carcillo and Mayers. I almost feel sorry for them, almost....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Not so sure about that Scooter now that the Oilers picked up Eager and Hordichuk. Both have legitimate beefs with the Nucks. The Hawks signed Carcillo and Mayers. I almost feel sorry for them, almost....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Ya, Gillis is a little misguided?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Gillis has shown that he can build a team that can compete at the highest level during the regular season. 

And, despite the fact that they didn't win the Cup, the Canucks did manage to rack up 15 wins during the playoffs, handling the Hawks, Preds and Sharks.  Should the Canucks "build a team to beat Boston"? 

That's a risky move, because there's no guarantee (despite the talk on this web site) that the Bruins will make it back to the final in 2012. (Yes, yes, I know that there's no guarantee that the Canucks will be there, too -- but as a GM, Gillis has to plan for that to happen).

Despite the talk about the Canucks being manhandled, the diving, biting, etc. etc., the big factor in the final was TT.  If he doesn't play like the reincarnation of Terry Sawchuk and Jacques Plante (I would say Ken Dryden, too, but he's not dead), I there's a very good chance that the Cup would have ended up on the west coast instead of the east.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Gillis has shown that he can build a team that can compete at the highest level during the regular season.  And, despite the fact that they didn't win the Cup, the Canucks did manage to rack up 15 wins during the playoffs, handling the Hawks, Preds and Sharks.  Should the Canucks "build a team to beat Boston"?  That's a risky move, because there's no guarantee (despite the talk on this web site) that the Bruins will make it back to the final in 2012. (Yes, yes, I know that there's no guarantee that the Canucks will be there, too -- but as a GM, Gillis has to plan for that to happen). Despite the talk about the Canucks being manhandled, the diving, biting, etc. etc., the big factor in the final was TT.  If he doesn't play like the reincarnation of Terry Sawchuk and Jacques Plante (I would say Ken Dryden, too, but he's not dead), I there's a very good chance that the Cup would have ended up on the west coast instead of the east.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

It's easy to miss the sarcasm intended in my previous two posts.  It was in reference to Gillis complaining in the media that the ref's screwed his team out of a cup.