Subban to Play in AHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Subban to Play in AHL

Bs announced that Subban will leave the O to play for the baby Bs this upcoming seson. I assume this means Svedberg will be in Boston and that Subban will start for Providence.

Did we keep Hutchinson? What was the story on that Chad Johnson fella?

Either way, he wouldn't be going pro unless he was going to get significant playing time there. What are your expectations for him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Subban to Play in AHL

well, what i saw was much different than this. Sweeney said that first they'll have to make the team, but right now they think that both Subban and Camara are on a trajectory to make the AHL. so this isn't right. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/07/10/malcolm-subban-to-play-in-ahl-this-season/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

ya, that supports what i said, not what you said. They expect him to be ready for the AHL this season. They haven't announced taht he will play in the AHL this season though. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

What's your deal? Do you just feel like arguing semantics with me? Fine...

They announced that he is EXPECTED (thanks Boston Fan) to play in the AHL this season. What are your expectations for him IF he plays there?

Is that better?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Johnson was signed to be an inexpensive backup.  That extra $400,000 having him open the bench door rather than Svedberg most nights may be needed by the Bruins.

Most likely it is Rask-Johnson in the NHL and Svedberg-Subban in the AHL.

I don't think Hutchinson was qualified, so he's a UFA at the moment.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

They announced that he is EXPECTED (thanks Boston Fan) to play in the AHL this season. What are your expectations for him IF he plays there?

Is that better?

that's much better. I realize that in this case, it really doesn't matter that much. Subban will play in the AHL, as will camara. However it's a slippery slope. Don't take someone saying "he should do this" as "he will do this." It's a bad practice. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Is that better?

For a few months, 1916 has been acting like a dick to most people, while being mostly wrong about everything.

(It's sort of what Dez, San and I do, but we're mostly right.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

that's much better. I realize that in this case, it really doesn't matter that much. Subban will play in the AHL, as will camara. However it's a slippery slope. Don't take someone saying "he should do this" as "he will do this." It's a bad practice. 

Pretty much everyone expects Subban to play in the AHL this year.  He's old enough to play pro but needs the experience so an NHL season is not reasonable.

The statement and the article are fine.

Stop this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

[QUOTE]

Is that better?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll be sure to wear my proper gear...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Johnson was signed to be an inexpensive backup.  That extra $400,000 having him open the bench door rather than Svedberg most nights may be needed by the Bruins.

Most likely it is Rask-Johnson in the NHL and Svedberg-Subban in the AHL.

I don't think Hutchinson was qualified, so he's a UFA at the moment.

I hear your point regarding the salary flexibility, but Svedberg was great in the A last season and is far superior to this Johnson guy (posted a 3.00 GAA in the AHL last season). $400,000 isn't that much cap room anyways. Would you rather spend $600K and have a garbage goalie for the 20 games Rask doesn't start or spend $1M and put a quality young goalie out there who can allow you to play Rask 50 games instead of 60 to keep him fresh for playoff time.

I feel like a Svedberg-Subban combo doesn't benefit either of them because NS has already proven himself at that level already and MS needs as much PT as he can get.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pretty much everyone expects Subban to play in the AHL this year.  He's old enough to play pro but needs the experience so an NHL season is not reasonable.

The statement and the article are fine.

Stop this.

[/QUOTE]

if i've been different, and more of a jerk than usual i apologize but one thing i'm curious about, what have i been wrong about other than Subbans AHL eligibility this season 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

if i've been different, and more of a jerk than usual i apologize but one thing i'm curious about, what have i been wrong about other than Subbans AHL eligibility this season 

Check your KPD thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

Check your KPD thread.

[/QUOTE]

that thread is 100% opinion. I think he's trolling around now. I can't find it but a friend of mine said that he reported on twitter that the bruins were shopping kelly and marchand. (he may have since deleted the tweet. As i said in that thread, I thought the speculation made on the clip that you posted was 100% fine. but saying seguin is the second coming of alexander daigle is definitely trolling.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Johnson's there to open the door, not to play hockey.  However, he gets paid the same to play as he does to open the door, so I want the cheapest guy possible on the bench for door opening.  If I'm the Bruins, and I am not comfortable that Johnson can handle a particular game to give Rask a rest, I call up Svedberg for the day, play him, send him back down, restore the door to Johnson. 

Rask will play 60.  Johnson 12 at most.  Subban and Svedberg split the other ten on short recalls.

Also, if Johnson truly soils the bed, he can be sent to Providence and his entire hit comes off the cap.  If that happens after 40 games, it still creates $200K of cap space for the Bruins.  And if it made such a difference that it's the difference between playoffs or not, the Bruins shouldn't have signed this particular cheap-ss backup.

Are you not entertained?!?!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Johnson's there to open the door, not to play hockey.  However, he gets paid the same to play as he does to open the door, so I want the cheapest guy possible on the bench for door opening.  If I'm the Bruins, and I am not comfortable that Johnson can handle a particular game to give Rask a rest, I call up Svedberg for the day, play him, send him back down, restore the door to Johnson. 

Rask will play 60.  Johnson 12 at most.  Subban and Svedberg split the other ten on short recalls.

Also, if Johnson truly soils the bed, he can be sent to Providence and his entire hit comes off the cap.  If that happens after 40 games, it still creates $200K of cap space for the Bruins.  And if it made such a difference that it's the difference between playoffs or not, the Bruins shouldn't have signed this particular cheap-ss backup.

Are you not entertained?!?!

I disagree. Johnson comes in with the same creditials as Khudobin did. I think the plan is he plays 20-25. IF he stinks in his first 10 then you may see Svedberg, or Subban. Barring an injury I don't think the AHL goalies get any more than a start or 2 this yr.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

that thread is 100% opinion. I think he's trolling around now. I can't find it but a friend of mine said that he reported on twitter that the bruins were shopping kelly and marchand. (he may have since deleted the tweet. As i said in that thread, I thought the speculation made on the clip that you posted was 100% fine. but saying seguin is the second coming of alexander daigle is definitely trolling.

The odds are much better that your buddy got it wrong (which means you have it wrong) than that KPD said they were shopping Marchand and then subsequently deleted it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

NAS I saw somewhere a note that the Bruins were shopping Kelly and Marchand. I think it was a website and not KPD but they referenced him in the article. Idk, I saw it somewhere too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Svedberg played in 48 regular season AHL games last season. That leaves 28 games that he did not start. So if a Svedberg-Subban split is going to be the plan, is Subban playing 28-30 games in the AHL beneficial to his development? Or would he be better served playing more...say 40-45 games? I would think so.

Having a "door opener" makes no sense to me...

It does make sense however to not overuse Rask during the regular season and to develop our younger players going forward.

Rask- 56 G (Slightly less games than he was on pace for last season - makes sense given longer season)

Svedberg- 26 G NHL/ 18 AHL (I believe he has two-way deal - allows for him to transition to NHL, yet still get similar playing time overall)

Subban- 44 G AHL (Maximizes his exposure to a full season and better competition)

Johnson-14 G AHL (He sucks)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Johnson's stats with the 'Yotes last season weren't too shabby, although he only played four games....

if Svedberg has a good camp, it'll make it interesting....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

The odds are much better that your buddy got it wrong (which means you have it wrong) than that KPD said they were shopping Marchand and then subsequently deleted it.

[/QUOTE]

except another reporter quoted KPD in saying that marchand and kelly were being shopped. it was a guy i hadn't really heard of but he gave dupont credit for it being his report. add that in with the ridiculous daigle comments, and i think KPD is trolling. Also, for the record, you yourself said you thought KPD was trolling on twitter. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think what is being missed here is just how tight the Bruins are likely to be to the cap (pending Rask contract).  Johnson instead of Svedberg may mean a good deadline pickup rather than none, even if it comes at the cost of a few more losses.

As for Subban in the AHL, he's just getting started so either every start will be beneficial for him (even if the total is 30), or he outplays Svedberg and gets more starts.  He's young, he'll be fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Welcome back to Malcolm Subban, who has arrived in Boston for his 2nd Bruins Dev. Camp #nhlbruins

Ready to show why he was the best goalie in the OHL and taken in the 1st round!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

except another reporter quoted KPD in saying that marchand and kelly were being shopped. it was a guy i hadn't really heard of but he gave dupont credit for it being his report. add that in with the ridiculous daigle comments, and i think KPD is trolling. Also, for the record, you yourself said you thought KPD was trolling on twitter. 

[/QUOTE]

http://titletownsportsnetwork.com/2013/07/09/bruins-shopping-brad-marchand-and-chris-kelly/

As you can see, however, even the guy from TFP got it wrong.