Sucks to be a Panthers fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Sucks to be a Panthers fan

Scott Gomez just signed a 1 year deal with the panthers reportly but not certain around 2 mill a year deal is still being worked out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Sucks to be a Panthers fan

A second line center for $2M for a team that has Scott Timmins on the roster.

I think that's pretty good.

I'm excited.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

I dunno NAS Gomez has done nothing the last 4 years he has played in the NHL. 2 mill for a guy who barely got 2 goals and 13 assist due to the teammates that he had around him is still 2 mill wasted.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

That team is going to be tough to watch this year. Add that to the market they are in, they better hope the new divsions draws fans from opposing teams. I think in time there will be talk of relocation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

That team is going to be tough to watch this year. Add that to the market they are in, they better hope the new divsions draws fans from opposing teams. I think in time there will be talk of relocation.

Not for a long, long time.

Here you go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not for a long, long time.

Here you go.

[/QUOTE]

Nevermind. Wow, that was interesting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, there is so much more than gate receipts that goes into it.  It cracks up when people talk about moving this team here or that team there because they are viewed as unpopular.  The Nordiques were pretty dang popular when they moved. 

It's about money management, lease deals, and the bottom line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Scott Gomez can still play. He's not anywhere near worth the $7 mill he was making, but he's an effective penalty killer, he plays his guts out every shift with some speed. I think he's a decent p/u for the Panthers. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to G4ck5's comment:

I dunno NAS Gomez has done nothing the last 4 years he has played in the NHL. 2 mill for a guy who barely got 2 goals and 13 assist due to the teammates that he had around him is still 2 mill wasted.

Do you think he's worse than who the Panthers have slated for first and second line center duty?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Anybody read this book?

http://www.fieldofschemes.com/

A pretty interesting investigation of teams extracting stadium/arena construction dollars and sweetheart operating deals from states/cities/counties, almost always accompanied by threats of relocation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:

Anybody read this book?

http://www.fieldofschemes.com/

A pretty interesting investigation of teams extracting stadium/arena construction dollars and sweetheart operating deals from states/cities/counties, almost always accompanied by threats of relocation.

Yeah, you referenced that once before, so I took it out of the library. An absolute must read for anyone interested in the business side of pro sports.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Wow they turned down the 2 mill and he ended up accepting 900k, now thats a steal and worth getting Gomez for. I wonder if they were trying to get 2 mill with like bonuses and stuff. Going to have to do some more research.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yeah, there is so much more than gate receipts that goes into it.  It cracks up when people talk about moving this team here or that team there because they are viewed as unpopular.  The Nordiques were pretty dang popular when they moved. 

It's about money management, lease deals, and the bottom line.

[/QUOTE]

Good call, and like my buddy said, if the team owns the rink it plays in, just because the team sucks and attendance is low doesnt mean theyre losing money. For the reasons you posted and they have that many more nights to rent out the rink for concerts, b-ball tournaments (huge down there) rodeos etc..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1476099

"2013-14 Official Optimists Thread"

"It'll be a miracle if this thread gets 2 pages. "

Mercy!