Superstitious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Superstitious

Just the supersitious side of me coming out...but the bruins have now had 3 pre-game tributes to the bombing victims, responders, etc...and lost every one.

On another note...last time the Bruins and the Leafs met in the playoffs was 1972...2 years after the Bruins won the stanley cup.  Bruins won the series 4-1, with the only loss coming in the second game...at home..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Superstitious

In response to dbg1's comment:

Just the supersitious side of me coming out...but the bruins have now had 3 pre-game tributes to the bombing victims, responders, etc...and lost every one.

On another note...last time the Bruins and the Leafs met in the playoffs was 1972...2 years after the Bruins won the stanley cup.  Bruins won the series 4-1, with the only loss coming in the second game...at home..

I know you would think they would play with more emotion?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

The Last playoff meeting was 1974 and the Bruins swept the Leafs. We'll see what Monday night brings.

Here's the most recent playoff history between them

1969 - Quarter-Final - Boston won best-of-seven series 4-0, outscoring Toronto 24-5.

1972 - Quarter-Final - Boston won best-of-seven series 4-1, outscoring Toronto 18-10.

1974 - Quarter-Final - Boston won best-of-seven series 4-0, outscoring Toronto 17-9.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

players were different, the game was different... those are just numbers now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

No disrespect to the victims or their families and friends, but I don't think it's necessary to have any more pre-game ceremonies regarding the bombings.  The organization, heck even the entire league, has done a great job in showing their support for the victims.  As I watched last night's pregame, I was incredibly saddened and angered again.  I mean really, how imortant is a hockey game compared to a young kid who lost both his legs because of 2 gutless cowards?  I'm glad the B's did that for the kid, I'm sure he was ecstatic.  But part of recovering from terrorist attacks is getting back to normal.  I'm ready for normal, and I'm ready to forget about the 2 skum bag brothers who ruined the psyche of our city, if only for a short time.