1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Suspend Scott for 30 Games

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shortpops' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Scott's hit on Ericcson was pure thuggery at its worst. Both the coach and the player involved need to be penalized as well as giving the general manager a a good tounge lashing for letting this type of incident to occur. This was on national tv and does nothing to enhance the image of the sport. There was no reason for the hit except to cause injury as  the Bruins player had taken his shot and was no longer in possession of the puck. The question now is,"does the league have the intestinal fortitude to come down with a really tough set of penalties on the player,the coach and the Saber's team itself?". The Saber's are going nowhere this season and this type of play does nothing for them or the sport of hockey.

[/QUOTE]

The league will do nothing.  I am not sure of scott suspension history but dont remember any.  The league isnt gonna make some stance bc its a bruin player.  Its not gonna do it bc it was scott. Lapierre has long history of dirty hits.  He gets slap on wrist really.  

watch and see.  Im going under 10 games.  

[/QUOTE]

shupe there has to come a time when the league says :enough is enough".  I am calling the NHL office tomorrow and not getting off the phone until I talk to Bettman.

[/QUOTE]

Why bc of this play.  These are nightly.  Im not saying i dont agree.  But he will give us some crazy logic etc etc.  settle in with 8 games.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Scott's hit on Ericcson was pure thuggery at its worst. Both the coach and the player involved need to be penalized as well as giving the general manager a a good tounge lashing for letting this type of incident to occur. This was on national tv and does nothing to enhance the image of the sport. There was no reason for the hit except to cause injury as  the Bruins player had taken his shot and was no longer in possession of the puck. The question now is,"does the league have the intestinal fortitude to come down with a really tough set of penalties on the player,the coach and the Saber's team itself?". The Saber's are going nowhere this season and this type of play does nothing for them or the sport of hockey.

[/QUOTE]

The league will do nothing.  I am not sure of scott suspension history but dont remember any.  The league isnt gonna make some stance bc its a bruin player.  Its not gonna do it bc it was scott. Lapierre has long history of dirty hits.  He gets slap on wrist really.  

[/QUOTE]
     Right on about doing little about it. They bseem to seize up wehen something like this happens and that is why it in all probability will continue to happen. The Buffalo owner is a newcomer to the  NHL as is the Buffalo coach.  They need to be called  to task for edmploying a  low skilled  player whose major contributions seem to be causing havoic. Not doing much does nothing for the image of hockey.  They gave Clarkson 10 games for leaving the bench and 40 games might just be in order here with a hefty fine.

[/QUOTE]

Thats why the league will fail again.  It doesnt know right from wrong.  He doesnt have a history of this.  He has a history of fighting.  I wont be shocked if its 5 games.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Kind of a disgrace if it isn't 20 games.  

Why?  Because it isn't even a hockey play.  It is so many times worse than McLeod or Garbutt in that way.  It is so far from hockey.  He is so far from a hockey player.  It really is embarassing to the sport.  

A goon can be hired to come off the street and mug a star player, just for the heck of it.

If Shanahan can't see that, then maybe the best course of action is to attack Vanek or Miller.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kind of a disgrace if it isn't 20 games.  

Why?  Because it isn't even a hockey play.  It is so many times worse than McLeod or Garbutt in that way.  It is so far from hockey.  He is so far from a hockey player.  It really is embarassing to the sport.  

A goon can be hired to come off the street and mug a star player, just for the heck of it.

If Shanahan can't see that, then maybe the best course of action is to attack Vanek or Miller.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe seguin put a hit out on loui.   In all seriousness i agree completely.  For as much as i hate lapierre he is at least a hockey player.  Mcleod is a hard grinding 4th liner.  Scott is useless.   But will always be employed.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Hope Lou's OK but the injury will ultimately determine the length

Past precedence clearly is not on our side with Shanny.

Brendan Smith got 8 games for this hit which is 2X more viscious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiQgHIX3PsM

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't know, shupe.  The Wild, Rangers, and Blackhawks all decided he had nothing to offer.  Seems more like the Sabres are the only turkeys dumb enough to pay $750K for the worst player in the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know, shupe.  The Wild, Rangers, and Blackhawks all decided he had nothing to offer.  Seems more like the Sabres are the only turkeys dumb enough to pay $750K for the worst player in the league.

[/QUOTE]

Mcgratton and mcintryre are still around.  The rangers and hawks traded for this guy.  Buffalo signed him quickly.  He was wanted.  These guys bounce around but find homes.  Scott would have a home in a minute if buffalo wanted to cut ties.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

No talent pukes like Scott and Kaleta need to be kicked out of the league!!  I love tough hockey but these two guys have no talent and the only thing they are looking to do is hurt people.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He should get 10.

Moreso, the Sabers should be shamed into cleaning up their act. They are pathetic. Scott shouldn't be on the payroll and Ott as captain says a lot about your team values.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He should get 10.

Moreso, the Sabers should be shamed into cleaning up their act. They are pathetic. Scott shouldn't be on the payroll and Ott as captain says a lot about your team values.

[/QUOTE]

The only difference with Ott is that he actually has some hockey ability.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lots of posters on here want justice are also the ones that were defending the Kronwall and Penner hits. Quite the sudden reversal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

shupe there has to come a time when the league says :enough is enough".  I am calling the NHL office tomorrow and not getting off the phone until I talk to Bettman.

[/QUOTE]

Let us know how that goes. I say 12 games. By then you may get GB on the phone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i think this might be a message sender. 15 game area. i hope. and i hope eriksson doesn't miss that many. luckily, the bruins have some depth and can simply return marchand to bergerons wing. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree a message should be sent w/ this one and 30 plus would be the appropriate number but I think it'll be 10.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I'd love to see Scott sent far, far away, but after watching Shanahan's video on Garbutt's hit and suspension, I don't have much hope.

Garbutt skated from completely across the rink and jumped into The Duck's head, didn't have any priors and got 5 games.  I can't imagine Shanahan having the balls of going higher than 5 on this one.  Certainly not over 10.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Missed the game but just saw in on NHL.com.  Not because this involved a Bruin but I see no gray area in this act like, say, the point of contact in the Garbutt/Penner hit.  A completely dirty play even if Scott were 5-7.  This guy's a neanderthal that I hope will feel the hammer from Shanahan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think you and i were united on this for a while.  He has no place in hockey.  I wish kessel would have broken his leg.  

It would have been good for the league.

[/QUOTE]

It would. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TR9oIiF4SE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbrOpxWGY5sJ5Eh1xXFwQlA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is an outrage. That is literally Savard Part II.  

Shanahan is a piece of garbage and will come up with some lawyer-like explanation as to why this was a clean hit.

"Scott is 6'7 and cannot be penalized for his height."

[/QUOTE]

30 games for a guy with no prior record? He gets 6 at most. Go back to the Patriots forum you troll.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is an outrage. That is literally Savard Part II.  

Shanahan is a piece of garbage and will come up with some lawyer-like explanation as to why this was a clean hit.

"Scott is 6'7 and cannot be penalized for his height."

[/QUOTE]

30 games for a guy with no prior record? He gets 6 at most. Go back to the Patriots forum you troll.

[/QUOTE]

Are you in fact a Bruins fan? I just saw the hit on ESPN - it was identical to the on Savard in EVERY way - Savard's career and life were ruined in large part due to that hit by Cooke

It is very clear watching the video that Scott's deliberately and maliciously targeted Eriksson's head with his shoulder - he skated across the ice making no attempt to play the puck

I don't care what his suspension record is - that is the EXACT type of play the NHL is trying to get rid of - if the NHL doesn't throw the book at Scott and Rolston then we'll all know they aren't really serious about cleaning up the game

BTW - it's your post that reads trollish to me

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Lots of posters on here want justice are also the ones that were defending the Kronwall and Penner hits. Quite the sudden reversal.

Apples to oranges to carburators (thanks Book)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think Scott will get a fairly hefty hit - more than five, anyway.  He may not have a suspension record, but I can see "The Committee" treating l'affaire Kessel as a history of targeting skilled players. 

If I'm playing the Wheel of Randomness or whatever WTL called it, the bad here is that the hit is late and straight into the head, but saying it's not a hockey play is emotion talking.  Scott lines up Eriksson when he receives the pass from Bergeron, and he starts gliding into the hit while Eriksson is making the pass to Marchand.  He hits him from the front.  I think it's only a charge because it targets the head.  If there was malice aforethought, he could have exploded into Eriksson with far more force - one or two additional strides, for example, or changing his angle so he's hitting him head on (no pun intended).  But then again, Scott isn't exactly nimble, so what he wanted to do and what he was able to do are two different things.

Scott's rep as a goon is going to play against him, too.  Death, taxes, the first penalty at the Forum, and goons getting longer suspensions for hits on skill players than vice versa.  Ask Grapes.

I think he gets 10, and the reasons will be "hit targeted the head as principle point of contact, was determined to be a major penalty by officials on the ice, and caused a serious injury.  In addition, Scott made no attempt to pull off the hit after Eriksson moved the puck despite ample time to do so.  Finally, this is the second incident this year involving Scott and a skilled player from another team.  Taking all of these factors into account...."

I think Eriksson's back in 5 or 6 based on his ability to skate away with help.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

History or not, he knew what he was doing and it was a cheap shot and not allowed. Eventually theyre gonna have to look past the history BS when it comes to these types of hits. They need to make an example of a player and this is the perfect time to do it. I was thinking exactly the same thing that the OP posted. Savard all over again. It was nasty.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Eriksson having to stay behind for the night in Buffalo is a bad sign. I hope I'm wrong and this is strictly precautionary.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eriksson having to stay behind for the night in Buffalo is a bad sign. I hope I'm wrong and this is strictly precautionary.

[/QUOTE]

Probably has to do with him being unable to fly...after a concussuin the change in altitude and cabin pressure would probably cause a massive headache (as if he doesn't already have one)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In response to jaymiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'LL SET THE OVER / UNDER AT 10 GAMES.

SADLY, I THINK IT'S UNDER.

[/QUOTE]

I'm in your camp. I was thinking 10 games. I'll stick with him getting an even 10 games and the league crowing like they actually did something to send a strong message.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Tell me again how fighters police the game? How fighting keeps guys honest? What happens when you get a guy (John Scott) at the top pf that particular food chain who can't be intimidated into respectful behaviour, a guy who literally can't be 'policed'? There isn't a Bruin who can touch him. let alone beat some manners or respect into him. So, you would get a bigger guy? Chara? How does this, in any way, benefit the Bruins, risking injury to their most important player?

So you would seek to exact some kind of revenge like 'Fletcher1' recommends,  "....maybe the best course of action is to attack Vanek or Miller." And this somehow brings balance to the game?

For every suspension, the Coach of that suspended player should be fined - and make it HURT. Coaches aren't rich. They'll get the message pretty quick. (ie 10K per game? 20K?....John Scott gets a 10 game suspension? Rolston pays 100K...200K)