Svedberg Recalled

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Svedberg Recalled

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe the Bs are SHOWCASING Svedberg for Ottawa on Saturday ?

LoL

[/QUOTE]

Oh brother.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LoL

[/QUOTE]

Oh brother.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe they are considering kicking the tires on a PMD?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ryan! Ryan! Ryan!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Julien confirms that Svedberg might play tomorow in Ottawa......Paille will be back tonight....

From NESN

Julien also announced that 24-year-old Niklas Svedberg, who was recalled from Providence on Friday, will back up Tuukka Rask in net against the Senators, replacing usual second-stringer Chad Johnson. The coach said Svedberg’s first NHL start might come as soon as Saturday, when the Bruins travel to Ottawa for the second game of a home-and-home.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LoL

[/QUOTE]

Oh brother.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, probably just take a flyer on him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Reacharound Johnson deemed obsolete due to the upward rise of Sveddy Balls ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeFpYDiI14I

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Joe McDonald

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/14620/julien-svedberg-earned-his-opportunity

Bruins backup Chad Johnson is not hurt. Julien said after Svedberg impressed during training camp the Bruins told him he would be recalled at some point this season. 

“He’s earned his opportunity,” Julien said. “We told him we would give him that, so it gives us an idea of where he is in his development.” 

...and potential trade bait at the deadline?.  I think the B's are okay with Wraparound Johnson as backup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to croc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Joe McDonald

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/14620/julien-svedberg-earned-his-opportunity

Bruins backup Chad Johnson is not hurt. Julien said after Svedberg impressed during training camp the Bruins told him he would be recalled at some point this season. 

“He’s earned his opportunity,” Julien said. “We told him we would give him that, so it gives us an idea of where he is in his development.” 

...and potential trade bait at the deadline?.  I think the B's are okay with Wraparound Johnson as backup.

[/QUOTE]

I hope not, at least not before he gets a chance to show what he's got in the NHL.  I think he could take the #1 on a number of NHL teams right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Thanks Davey and NAS. I now have the song Runaround Sue stuck in my head but with runaround sue replaced with reacharound chad.

This is bad. Very bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Julien confirms that Svedberg might play tomorow in Ottawa......Paille will be back tonight....

From NESN

Julien also announced that 24-year-old Niklas Svedberg, who was recalled from Providence on Friday, will back up Tuukka Rask in net against the Senators, replacing usual second-stringer Chad Johnson. The coach said Svedberg’s first NHL start might come as soon as Saturday, when the Bruins travel to Ottawa for the second game of a home-and-home.

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to the game tomorrow in Ottawa - would be cool to see Svedberg's debut.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks Davey and NAS. I now have the song Runaround Sue stuck in my head but with runaround sue replaced with reacharound chad.

This is bad. Very bad.

[/QUOTE]

Davey's fault all day.  I'm just a parrot on this one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just read that Rask was first off the ice this am indicating he's starting.

All three goalies were on the ice for practice this am.

[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll get to go to my game tonight.

About Svedberg being nuts.

Wow.  He is nuts.  When they picked him up a youtube clip circulated, Svedberg was back up goalie and was attending the door.  An opposing player was checked by the door and Svedberg opened the door on the guy.  Another time (when he was playing for Providence) I saw him during a PP come out of his crease and wipe out an opposing player.   As I said even by goalie standards he's nuts.

[/QUOTE]

While most goalies Ive ever known are nuts to a certain extent, those 2 examples are stupid rather than nuts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LoL

[/QUOTE]

Oh brother.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Svedberg is in play?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

LOL @ all of you.

You guys are the worst.  And InIL, with that comment, I'll take you out of the doghouse.

Try to keep it together if they lose a couple, okay?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

cant wait until it gets closer to the trade deadline so we can see all the awful hockey expressions in full swing.

Do i sense a drinking game in the making?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

cant wait until it gets closer to the trade deadline so we can see all the awful hockey expressions in full swing.

[/QUOTE]

It is so bad.  Sports is full of cliches and most of them are awful.  All of the dopes saying the same things over and over.  The hockey pundits are the absolute worst.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]

What have I done....

[/QUOTE]

I blame you...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Heres a new one.

Triangles.

Everytime Jack Edwards or Andy Brickley say triangle drink.

Jesus, actually a jack edwards drinking game might be a fun idea.

Triangle=drink for 3 seconds

"Two U's Two K's..."=drink for 4 seconds.

Johny Rocket=Chug a whole beer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No those awful sayings will be replaced or accompanied by awful trade proposals. A couple of picks and Jordan Caron for (fill in top player on bad team)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to GillesGilbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

From NESN

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to the game tomorrow in Ottawa - would be cool to see Svedberg's debut.

[/QUOTE

I used to love going to Ottawa for Bruins games.....I now spend my winters in Florida......have fun at the game....go Bruins

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Heres a new one.

Triangles.

[/QUOTE]

Misery.  There are five guys on the ice.  Unless they are skating in a straight line, you could connect the dots to make triangles all game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

[QUOTE]

Heres a new one.

Triangles.

Everytime Jack Edwards or Andy Brickley say triangle drink.

Jesus, actually a jack edwards drinking game might be a fun idea.

Triangle=drink for 3 seconds

"Two U's Two K's..."=drink for 4 seconds.

Johny Rocket=Chug a whole beer.

[/QUOTE]

What about?  "on the di agon al"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL @ all of you.

You guys are the worst.  And InIL, with that comment, I'll take you out of the doghouse.

Try to keep it together if they lose a couple, okay?

[/QUOTE]

Svedberg might get lit up in one of his first NHL outings, but he'll be much more fun to watch than reacharound.  He's a much better goalie than reacharound IMO

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

It is so bad.  Sports is full of cliches and most of them are awful.  All of the dopes saying the same things over and over.  The hockey pundits are the absolute worst.

[/QUOTE]

As a former english major the misuse of the language bothers me.  In sports;

Giving a 110%.  Never mind that 100% is the maximum, why not 120? or 150?  1000?  a million, a billion or how about giving infinity percent?

Controlling your own destiny.  No.  You can't.  Destiny is what is going to happen, the opposite of the past.  You cannot control the past, you cannot control the outcome of last year's SCF, you cannot change destiny.

Unique.  Unique means one of a kind.  Just one.  No others.  Nothing can be "very unique".  It is either unique or it isn't.

Once these words become corrupted they can't be replaced.  A strength of someone used to be their forte which WAS pronounced "fort" but now it has been corrupted and people are saying "fortay" and it's accepted now because so many chuckleheads were misusing it.

And while I'm on my rant, "gay" bothers me.  It used to mean lighthearted and happy and now it's an expression for sexual preference and now another word is lost from the language.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Fair enough BH, but as an English major you would also recognize that English is a living language. It transforms and evolves over time. 'Ere is no longer in common usage and humbug is no longer one of the most profane words in the language. Misuse of the language drives me batty as well but there's not much we cn do about it and it's a major driving force behind the changes in a "living language."