Targets with Freed Up Cap Space

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: Targets with Freed Up Cap Space

I can't see PC wanting Iginla when we have 2 forwards who can play similar styles.

Signing Pandolfo who is already practicing with the Bruins will be a safe signing, and low cost. He is good utility player that can be our 13th forward who can fill in the skates when the season enters crunch time/ back to back games and 4 gms. in six nights etc.

Our PP is still weak but at least Julien is committed to line changes and changing the PP unit.

When deadline arrives then PC and company can fill the necessary holes.

Looch Krejci Seguin

Marchand Bergy Horton

These first 2 lines will be similar puck control, strength, speed, set up center who can win face - offs

Bourque Pandolfo Kelly Peverly

Paille Pandolfo Campbell Thornton

Chara Boychuk Sieds Hamilton Ference Mcquaid and Johnson

Rask and Kudo

Mcdermid Spooner Tardif and Johnson are at least getting some NHL time which is very important.

In conclusion the Bruins 7-1-1 not 1- 7 -1 and i will not be surprise if Pandolfo is sign to contract for remaining season ( Julien knows pandolfo's capabilties from the time they both were in NJD )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

From your list I would take Weiss or Hemsky. Ryder is past nostalgia and Jones is really a marginal 3rd liner on a weak team (yes, I have seen him play on many occasions).

I'd take hemsky for the sheer fact he can set up a pp.  he has magic hands.  

Exactly......the only catch is he is signed for next year too whereas Weiss is not.

Hemsky is better pure offence and won't cost as much as Weiss.

Yes he is so pure and magicical he had 14 goals in 47 games during the 2011 season and 10 goals in 69 games last year. What the Bruins don't need is someone that can pass, Boston needs someone who can put the puck in the net and in short notice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

How about this for a trade? Peverly, or Boychuk & Khudobin plus either a 1st, or 2nd rd pick for  Weiss & Clemmenson, or Theodore? Or Morrow & Goligoski for Peverly & Boychuk? Morrow brings that Recchi type leadership & Alex maybe could be what Kaberle & Corvo wasn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

From your list I would take Weiss or Hemsky. Ryder is past nostalgia and Jones is really a marginal 3rd liner on a weak team (yes, I have seen him play on many occasions).

Exactly......the only catch is he is signed for next year too whereas Weiss is not.

Yes he is so pure and magicical he had 14 goals in 47 games during the 2011 season and 10 goals in 69 games last year. What the Bruins don't need is someone that can pass, Boston needs someone who can put the puck in the net and in short notice.

Hemsky is unbelievably talented sandog.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

How about this for a trade? Peverly, or Boychuk & Khudobin plus either a 1st, or 2nd rd pick for  Weiss & Clemmenson, or Theodore? Or Morrow & Goligoski for Peverly & Boychuk? Morrow brings that Recchi type leadership & Alex maybe could be what Kaberle & Corvo wasn't.

With what Dallas gave up for Goligoski (Neal and Niskanen), there's no way they'd trade him for that offer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Dave24's comment:

How about this for a trade? Peverly, or Boychuk & Khudobin plus either a 1st, or 2nd rd pick for  Weiss & Clemmenson, or Theodore? Or Morrow & Goligoski for Peverly & Boychuk? Morrow brings that Recchi type leadership & Alex maybe could be what Kaberle & Corvo wasn'

With what Dallas gave up for Goligoski (Neal and Niskanen), there's no way they'd trade him for that offer.

Well he's been benched for 2 games by Glen Gulutzan, so don't tell me there's no way! They obviously don't see eye to eye. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Remember that in order to bring a player in, players or picks have to go out.  In order to acquire a very good player, equal value must go the other way.

People are suggesting other team's first liners would be great third liners here.  If those types of players are coming, who's going? 

Providence is bare and any picks are going to be late rounders.  NHL bodies are going to have to be moved.  Peverley and a first rounder won't get Team A's top center.  Ever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Remember that in order to bring a player in, players or picks have to go out.  In order to acquire a very good player, equal value must go the other way.

People are suggesting other team's first liners would be great third liners here.  If those types of players are coming, who's going? 

Providence is bare and any picks are going to be late rounders.  NHL bodies are going to have to be moved.  Peverley and a first rounder won't get Team A's top center.  Ever.

Even if they're going to lose him as an UFA next season? Sorry your highness I forgot who I was talking to! Many pardons.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What is all this NAS abuse?

Not saying he shouldn't get a good smack every once in a while...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProudBruinsfan. Show ProudBruinsfan's posts

In response to Dave24's comment:

How about this for a trade? Peverly, or Boychuk & Khudobin plus either a 1st, or 2nd rd pick for  Weiss & Clemmenson, or Theodore? Or Morrow & Goligoski for Peverly & Boychuk? Morrow brings that Recchi type leadership & Alex maybe could be what Kaberle & Corvo wasn'

Well he's been benched for 2 games by Glen Gulutzan, so don't tell me there's no way! They obviously don't see eye to eye. 

You must be out of your mind I wouldnt give Boychuk and 1sr round pick...NEVER maybe Pev and a 2nd round pick ...no goalie exchange Khudo could become a number one you van get much more for Khudo alone..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Agree that Pandolfo will be signed... sooner rather than later to allow players to rest/heal.

Anyone know why Petr Sykora is in Europe? For the money, he WAY exceeded expectations last year!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You ever watch hemsky set up a pp?   You see our pp the last 3 yrs.  I think he would help.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

eh...we need a good player on the third line to play with Peverley, but, if we trade Peverley to get that player, well, we'll still need a player on the third line !!!!!!  Is there something that I don't get ? The only way to set it is to trade a round pick to a team that won't make the playoffs in return of a maybe aging guy but blessed with scorer hands, isn't it ???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic27. Show lucic27's posts

Calgary will not the series.tried my opinion would beto have a players like Curtis Glencross combative and he has a good hand salaryis $ 2.500 millions . My second choice would be Andrew Ladd Winnipeg leader not afraid it would have cost more .

Lucic Kreci Séguin

Marchand Bergeron Horton

Glencross or Ladd  Kelly Peverly

Paillé Campbell Thorton

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to lucic27's comment:

Calgary will not the series.tried my opinion would beto have a players like Curtis Glencross combative and he has a good hand salaryis $ 2.500 millions . My second choice would be Andrew Ladd Winnipeg leader not afraid it would have cost more .

Lucic Kreci Séguin

Marchand Bergeron Horton

Glencross or Ladd  Kelly Peverly

Paillé Campbell Thorton

WTF

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lucic27's comment:

Calgary will not the series.tried my opinion would beto have a players like Curtis Glencross combative and he has a good hand salaryis $ 2.500 millions .

He's on their top line and #1 powerplay unit.  He plays almost 21 minutes a game.  He has 4-2-6 in 8 games.

Why would Calgary trade him?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Even if they're going to lose him as an UFA next season? Sorry your highness I forgot who I was talking to! Many pardons.....

Nite, what are you referring to here?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh, I see.  Yes, even if his contract is expiring.  Pending UFAs are often moved at the deadline and they cost a lot more than a below average forward and a below average pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

NAS, agree you have to give to get, but PC is not without some chips: Spooner, Caron, Khokhlachev, Camara, Knight, Subban, maybe Svedberg.  Also has picks.

I may be in the minority, but would like to see PC go big.  He can take on salary this year and possibly beyond, so go for it.  Maybe the "expiring contracts" end up being Horton and Ference.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

NAS, agree you have to give to get, but PC is not without some chips: Spooner, Caron, Khokhlachev, Camara, Knight, Subban, maybe Svedberg.  Also has picks.

I may be in the minority, but would like to see PC go big.  He can take on salary this year and possibly beyond, so go for it.  Maybe the "expiring contracts" end up being Horton and Ference.

Agree with this. They have prospects in the system including Providence.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

You must be out of your mind I wouldnt give Boychuk and 1sr round pick...NEVER maybe Pev and a 2nd round pick ...no goalie exchange Khudo could become a number one you van get much more for Khudo alone..

Hmmm, just a hunch but I've seen this idea coming from only one other self imposed exiled poster.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Oh, I see.  Yes, even if his contract is expiring.  Pending UFAs are often moved at the deadline and they cost a lot more than a below average forward and a below average pick.

Yes agree, as in Johnny Odouya's case last trade deadline... :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Yes agree, as in Johnny Odouya's case last trade deadline... :)

And let's take a look at that deal:

2010-Feb-04 Traded from New Jersey Devils with Nicklas Bergfors, Patrice Cormier, round 1 pick in the 2010 draft (Kevin Hayes) and round 2 pick in the 2010 draft (Justin Holl) to Atlanta Thrashers for Ilya Kovalchuk, Anssi Salmela and round 2 pick in the 2010 draft (Jon Merrill)

Guys here seem to think that crappy minor leaguer 1 and crappy minor leaguer 2 can be included with a third line winger and/or a third round pick for another team's top line player.

That just isn't the case.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Nite, what are you referring to here?

Just busting your chomps. A lot of people on here seem to think you run the board. So it's a shot at them not you. 

I just think that if Dale Tallon knows he's not going re-sign Weiss & get nothing for him. He maybe their #1 Center, but he's not playing like it. I mean Tallon gave up a 60 pt guy when he traded Horton for Wideman of all people. Peverly never will replace Weiss, but the overall return could still be better. He gets a versitile player that has some speed & good on the pk. With Rask playing the way he is, there's no way he's not re-signing. That leaves Khudobin looking for an opportunity in a starters role. FLA would get a 27-28 yr old goalie to replace one of their over 30 backups. That's the other possible extra return that Tallon gets to replace the difference in the loss of Weiss for Peverly. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Stanley, but Khudobin won't be a Boston Bruin next season. PC is going to try & get something worth while for a "potential #1." Hate to break this to you, but unless Rask gets injured, or you assassinate him. He's the B's goalie for at least the next 6yrs.