Taylor Hall hurt?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Taylor Hall hurt?

Taylor had his first NHL fight tonight versus Derek Dorsett.  As he fell to the ice, Hall went down awkwardly and rolled his knee to the side.  He went to the locker room and hasn't returned. 

Many thought that he would be injury-prone due to his reckless style of play, but who would have thought that he would get what may be his first significant injury in the NHL from fighting?  And Derek Dorsett?  Why?  Dorsett is no stranger to fighting, if I recall correctly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Taylor Hall hurt?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/103503
    Didn't look pretty at all. Hopefully he is alright.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Edmonton should be out for blood.  Dorsett should be a marked man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hall got the extra and dropped his gloves 1st.  But I agree, Brule already ran their young dman.  Vandy may have another beat down set for dorsett.  I have been watching this game and man is Hall gonna be good.  His control of the puck is amazing.  He was the best player on either team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall hurt?:
    [QUOTE]Edmonton should be out for blood.  Dorsett should be a marked man.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I disagree, the play that started the whole thing was another high hit by Hall (seen at the beginning of the clip). Not saying it was a terrible hit but it was high. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]Hall got the extra and dropped his gloves 1st.  But I agree, Brule already ran their young dman.  Vandy may have another beat down set for dorsett.  I have been watching this game and man is Hall gonna be good.  His control of the puck is amazing.  He was the best player on either team
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I don't think there was ever a doubt Hall was the best draft pick last year.. truly amazing skills , he has all the tools...My concern would be that he plays with reckless abandon and does not protect himself like he should.. I think staying healthy in future is going to be a problem. I hope not because we need these young stars in the league..

As Bobby used to say " When you have the puck for most of the time , your going to get hit"  He should know..he played with a bit of reckless abandon as well..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall hurt? : I disagree, the play that started the whole thing was another high hit by Hall (seen at the beginning of the clip). Not saying it was a terrible hit but it was high. 
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Not saying it wasn't Hall's fault, just saying it doesn't matter.  When a known fighter takes out your 19 year old phenom who's never been in a fight (and may be the best player on the team right now) you've got to have some retribution.  I would be going crazy if Seguin got injured that way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from don444. Show don444's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall hurt? : Not saying it wasn't Hall's fault, just saying it doesn't matter.  When a known fighter takes out your 19 year old phenom who's never been in a fight (and may be the best player on the team right now) you've got to have some retribution.  I would be going crazy if Seguin got injured that way.

Seguin needs to get his pants wet. Toughen him up a little.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Just what the NHL needs more of, a coward who instigates a fight while leaving his shield on. Any injury Hall sustained is well deserved. I'm surprised Hall isn't on the HABS. I think the NHL should start suspending these wanna be tough guys for 3 games when they start fights with a shield. If your going to fight don't wear a shield or take it off first.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

One too many Sudafed for Hall last night - he was lit up all over the place, and he turned on Dorsett and just started chuc...well, okay, he started slapping at him, but Dorsett didn't really have much choice but to go, and he older-brothered him - let him know, but then took it pretty easy on the kid.  Dorsett's hardly Parros, either - big reason why Hall would slap first and think second - they're the same heigh and Hall outweighs Dorsett.

Dorsett's unlikely to Brewer if someone comes looking.  Someone will, I guess, just to show Hall and the league that they have the kid's back.  But this is on Hall. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hall will be injured b/c of the way he plays.  He got hammered a lot in junior.  Within thenext 5 yrs or so someone will tattoo him.  I really like the way he plays b/c he takes chances.  Just hope he learns to keep his head up.
    Great talent and seems to be getting better every game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

One of the reasons why the greatest player- BOBBY ORR -was a good fighter was because of his balance.

Of course, their will be a lot of people who will confuse this offering and state that Orr was not a fighter.  All hockey players are fights; some more than others.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The most concerning thing to me was not his knee buckling but the stress on the upper leg and the hip. It looked like his leg got pulled from his hip on the way down. Knee injuries are bad, hip injuries are worse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

high ankle sprain 5wks mabe ,rest of the season

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Hall will be injured b/c of the way he plays.  He got hammered a lot in junior.  Within thenext 5 yrs or so someone will tattoo him.  I really like the way he plays b/c he takes chances.  Just hope he learns to keep his head up. Great talent and seems to be getting better every game.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

You mean like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67DKfbkJCcI

I actually have a ton of respect for Hall. I hope he learns to protect himself. Bergeron and Datysuk should like hold lessons teaching players how to play safely.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I-Like,

Exactly like that.  Or the hit he took at the Memorial Cup.  How does he get up from this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi7Nir0JWg8

he will have a short career if he plays like this. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Edmonton should be out for blood.  Dorsett should be a marked man.

The kid started the fight.  It wasn't a bad reason, he's sick of getting whacked all over the place, but he started it.

If some rookie starts punch Thornton, should Thornton not go?  If he does, is Thornton a marked man?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]high ankle sprain 5wks mabe ,rest of the season
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr[/QUOTE]

Darn, there goes Edmonton's playoff hopes...lol!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Always a shame to see one of the nhls young stars injured.  Hopefully he is back soon, Edmonton doesnt have a whole lot to be cheering for these days, and besides he was a great late round pick up in my pool.