Taylor v Tyler in this the lost year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Taylor v Tyler in this the lost year

Taylor in the AHL is 18gp 8g 15a 23pts 24pim +3

down there with him are Eberle & Hopkins

Tyler in the Swiss A is 26gp 24g 15a 38pts 24pim -1

he's got Patrick Kane on his team.

Raw impression to me is that the Swiss A is just a shade better than the AHL.

Knuckleheads who said we should have traded up to get Taylor Hall please raise your hand and admit you are a moron now and you were a moron then.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Taylor v Tyler in this the lost year

I'm not sure the Swiss League is better than the AHL at all.

Peter Taticek was third in goals there last season.

The year before, Stacy Roest lead the league in assists.

I'll give the nod to the AHL on this one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I love them, both.  I think with Hall we would've won the Cup in TD Garden.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love them, both.  I think will Hall we would've won the Cup in TD Garden.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, didn't think I'd ever see you give Hall props.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I preferred Hall and still do. I love the way he plays. Currently, my Bruins blinders don't get in the way of saying I still think he's the better player. 

Perimeter players are a dime a dozen. Players who play the game with no fear aren't. This style of play might cause injuries for him but it also seperates him from the passive players with equal talent. Hall has no fear to make a play and worry about what will happen to him.

My favourite Bruin of all time also played the game this way.

I'll take Hall because I'm a knucklehead and a moron...................... but not the only one.

P.S. I just wanted the Oilers to pass on him. I was not one of the above who wanted the B's  to trade up. Seguin was a good enough option 1B for me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think Seguin is much more than a perimeter player. I've yet to hear him described as such.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Seguin is much more than a perimeter player. I've yet to hear him described as such.

[/QUOTE]

And if you read the post again you'll still see he wasn't. It was in reference to what Hall is the furthest thing from.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I dont remember hearing or reading anyone suggesting or hoping the Bruins trade up...It was pretty much who ever Edmonton picked, we'd get the other one..Also, for those suggesting we got the better player, c'mon, use common sense. If the Bruins picked Taylor Hall he'd have gotten some post season exposure as well. Both young terrific players with big upsides..When ever I get into a Seguin/Hall debate I now just use this: Can I pass on both and take Nugent-Hopkins? I know it was a year later, I just think Nugent-Hopkins will be better than both of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont remember hearing or reading anyone suggesting or hoping the Bruins trade up...It was pretty much who ever Edmonton picked, we'd get the other one..Also, for those suggesting we got the better player, c'mon, use common sense. If the Bruins picked Taylor Hall he'd have gotten some post season exposure as well. Both young terrific players with big upsides..When ever I get into a Seguin/Hall debate I now just use this: Can I pass on both and take Nugent-Hopkins? I know it was a year later, I just think Nugent-Hopkins will be better than both of them.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I remember people making the argument, kel.  I remember both kinds of stupid, too - on the one hand, people saying the Bruins should trade half the team to get Hall because he would be a true superstar sniper and on the other hand the people who said the Bruins should offer Mikko Lehtonen and a 5th rounder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll take that bet.  Seguin is bigger, stronger, quicker and has better hockey sense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not sure the Swiss League is better than the AHL at all.

Peter Taticek was third in goals there last season.

The year before, Stacy Roest lead the league in assists.

I'll give the nod to the AHL on this one.

[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's a toss-up based on what I've seen at the Spengler Cup (not having been to Switzerland to see an epic Bern-Zug battle).  Hard to give the nod to the AHL based on comparing the top players in each league, though.  Granted, the top scorer in the AHL is rarely the guy who will turn out to be the best player.  The league is full of Chris Bourques and Martin St. Pierres and Keith Aucoins - guys with loads of skill but not the pace or the size to execute as well against NHL competition. It's the developing prospects that would give the AHL a nod if you wanted to side that way.

Just for fun, in terms of NHL success, Swiss A and AHL scoring leaders are roughly comparable players.  I had a look at the top scorer in each league between 2000-01 and 2010-11 (excluding AHL results for the last lockout year) and came up with a few things.  The AHL scoring leader who had the most NHL success was Derek Armstrong, who played 477 NHL games scoring 221 points for a career NHL ppg of .46.  For Swiss A, two-time scoring champ Randy Robitaille played in 531 NHL games and scored 256 points for a .48 ppg.  Overall, AHL scoring champs averaged 0.37 ppg in their NHL stints, but that drops to 0.2 ppg if you remove Armstrong.  Five of the 9 Swiss A leaders (counting Robitaille only once) fell on above the average even if Armstrong was included, and all but two were well above the 0.20 number that sets aside Armstrong as an anomaly.  Edge Swiss A.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll take that bet.  Seguin is bigger, stronger, quicker and has better hockey sense.

[/QUOTE]

Your on Bim! When both of their careers are over we meet at a neutral resteraunt...Loser pays airfare,hotel (dirty movie bill included) and picks up the tab!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And if you read the post again you'll still see he wasn't. It was in reference to what Hall is the furthest thing from.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I misunderstood that the comparison of this thread is Hall vs. Seguin and then you add a comparison of Hall vs. a perimeter player. It seemd logical that you were still comparing Hall and Seguin.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If you're going to pick other players. I'll take Gabriel Landesdog over any other player drafted in the past 3 seasons. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you're going to pick other players. I'll take Gabriel Landesdog over any other player drafted in the past 3 seasons. 

[/QUOTE]

Very good player, I'd put him in the second tier behind Hall,Seguin and Nugent-Hopkins...I dont think he'll ever put up numbers like the other 3 while all in their prime, but his intagibles are off the charts. I don't know if I'd take Landeskog over Yakupov either...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your on Bim! When both of their careers are over we meet at a neutral resteraunt...Loser pays airfare,hotel (dirty movie bill included) and picks up the tab!

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

re: Swiss A over AHL

I have to retract my earlier statement on that, I said Swiss A because I saw how many NHL guys are playing in that Swiss league now, however, lots of NHL guys are playing in the AHL now as well.

I'll bet that Seguin is going to be a 50 goal scorer at some point.  

I like Seguin over Stamkos if anybody wants a closer comparison to player type.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I see Seguin as more of an all around scorer than Stamkos. Stamkos just puts the puck in the net, VERY well, but he doesn't have the assist totals that I think Seguin will be able to come up with given their natural positions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Seguin over Stamkos? I don't know about that one. While I think Seguin could be a top 5-7 player in the NHL, Stamkos in my opinion is already there at his age and has been for a couple of years. Right now, I might take Stamkos over anyone not named Crosby. He's not a very good goal scorer. He's an elite one, perhaps the best one right now.

Nice to be debating this with you fellas right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm just disturbed that kel has a date with bim at a hotel in a secret location to watch dirty movies together.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Seguin over Stamkos? I don't know about that one. While I think Seguin could be a top 5-7 player in the NHL, Stamkos in my opinion is already there at his age and has been for a couple of years. Right now, I might take Stamkos over anyone not named Crosby. He's not a very good goal scorer. He's an elite one, perhaps the best one right now.

Nice to be debating this with you fellas right now.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you Kel. I don't think there's a more purer goal scorer than Stamkos. I think Seguin has the better one on one skill set as lambda said, but as far as being a better finisher? I don't think there's a better one than #91 in Tampa. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him hit 70-80 goals one of these seasons.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm just disturbed that kel has a date with bim at a hotel in a secret location to watch dirty movies together.

[/QUOTE]

I thought it'd b NAS jumping all over that Book, but I have to stick up for my fellow goalie & say I don't think that's what he meant. Right....KEL? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought it'd b NAS jumping all over that Book, but I have to stick up for my fellow goalie & say I don't think that's what he meant. Right....KEL? 

[/QUOTE]

Not what i meant, but i'm open to anything...lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What adds to the disturbing factor is that bim is our resident crotch expert ( Tuukka's groin and Seguin's condoms ). 

Kel. Don't wear tight pants.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I'm not sure the Swiss League is better than the AHL at all."

I know which one I would play in to impress an NHL coach and GM nowadays. Yah I mean you Carl Yetiberg!

Which one has more hitting and do you have to be a better grinder in ? Offensive numbers wise if you can skate and have hands like Seguin, the Alps is the place to be. Now if you are Glen Metropolit, sick of the AHL and have proven you can grind. Going back overseas can helpful as well.

@Book - It would be interesting to find an ol thread on the Seguin/Hall debate. Hall was quite coveted here and on other discussion boards.

@Kelv n Bim - I'm a big fan of Bill Kurtis "American Justice" but I just don't want to see a future episode titled "Two Bruin fans- What went wrong at Rt. 99 motel" lol