TD Garden Entertainment Director

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

TD Garden Entertainment Director

Somebody needs to get rid of this guy.  Seriously, "Thunderstruck" over the soundsystem when the B's hit the ice???  That has been done to death.. repeatedly!  Luckily the fans carried on themselves, because it was such a drag to hear that when the B's hit the ice.

Even before that, "Audioslave"??  Don't get me wrong, great band, but no one there was into that music.  Play to the crowd Mr. Director, not just whats in your personal iPod.

Find a song with a sweet build up and a thumping beat. Anticipation and charge should be key. 

Think this is stupid?  Just wait and watch the opening of game 1 in Vancouver, compare their opening build-up to ours. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: TD Garden Entertainment Director

I'm going to guess that everyone enjoyed themselves last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

There was interesting song choices but the crowd didn't feed off the music. We fed off the team and everyone else. It was electric last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I thought that Horton was the entertainment director....he certainly entertained me i the 3rd period last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

In Response to TD Garden Entertainment Director:
    [QUOTE]Somebody needs to get rid of this guy.  Seriously, "Thunderstruck" over the soundsystem when the B's hit the ice???  That has been done to death.. repeatedly!  Luckily the fans carried on themselves, because it was such a drag to hear that when the B's hit the ice. Even before that, "Audioslave"??  Don't get me wrong, great band, but no one there was into that music.  Play to the crowd Mr. Director, not just whats in your personal iPod. Find a song with a sweet build up and a thumping beat. Anticipation and charge should be key.  Think this is stupid?  Just wait and watch the opening of game 1 in Vancouver, compare their opening build-up to ours. 
    Posted by everyname[/QUOTE]\

DEFINITELY AGREE 1000 %.ITS GETTING OLD.
    ROGERS ARENA WILL SHOW YOU HOW ITS DONE WITH THE FIRST CLASS SHOW THEY PUT ON ALONG WITH THE COOL MUSIC THEY START WITH..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: TD Garden Entertainment Director:
    [QUOTE]In Response to TD Garden Entertainment Director : \ DEFINITELY AGREE 1000 %.ITS GETTING OLD. ROGERS ARENA WILL SHOW YOU HOW ITS DONE WITH THE FIRST CLASS SHOW THEY PUT ON ALONG WITH THE COOL MUSIC THEY START WITH..
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]

You do understand that the idea of going is to watch hockey, right?  I'd prefer they did away with all of the rock music and just went back to organ music.

I hate the "Time To Make Noise" alerts as well as the "Garden Loud" meter.  Stop the fan cams.  Dopes sitting around and waving to the camera. 

How about hockey?  If that's not good enough for you, go see a movie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Boston just won the eastern conference................lets complain about the music.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Who cares it was Game 7!  You could of played the teddy bears picnic!  Its the moment and stakes that make the atmoshere! 
    However I do like some of the build up shows on the tron before the game!  In I beleive 2008 Boston Montreal they did a montage with Rocky theme and Welcome to the Jungle! Old tunes but great set up!
    Have they done anything like that this year?
    They used to put those on the Website Bruins TV but I cant find them anymore?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Leave the wooo and Rene fist pumping  etc alone it is all working so far.

Who gives a sweetf about the music, cracks me up, it is so loud, you can never talk over it. My vibe is for the game, the beer and the fights (either/or on ice/stands)

What is an ipod, is that from the movie Cocoon.

Who let the freakin preppies watch a game anywhoo, the axe and smash has gone out of the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TD Garden Entertainment Director : You do understand that the idea of going is to watch hockey, right?  I'd prefer they did away with all of the rock music and just went back to organ music. I hate the "Time To Make Noise" alerts as well as the "Garden Loud" meter.  Stop the fan cams.  Dopes sitting around and waving to the camera.  How about hockey?  If that's not good enough for you, go see a movie.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    could not agree more. especially after a goal is scored. just want to hear the roar of the crowd.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]Leave the wooo and Rene fist pumping  etc alone it is all working so far. Who gives a sweetf about the music, cracks me up, it is so loud, you can never talk over it. My vibe is for the game, the beer and the fights (either/or on ice/stands) What is an ipod, is that from the movie Cocoon. Who let the freakin preppies watch a game anywhoo, the axe and smash has gone out of the game.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    axe and smash. what a tag team they were.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TD Garden Entertainment Director : You do understand that the idea of going is to watch hockey, right?  I'd prefer they did away with all of the rock music and just went back to organ music. I hate the "Time To Make Noise" alerts as well as the "Garden Loud" meter.  Stop the fan cams.  Dopes sitting around and waving to the camera.  How about hockey?  If that's not good enough for you, go see a movie.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

For once I'm with you 100% and both feet in.

The get loud alert is like pure torture.

And the dancing jerk with the hat and the rolled up newspaper wore thin the first time I saw him, after the next 10 times it was excruciating, and the next 100 times gave me lots of sociopathetic thoughts.  That must be a disguise he's wearing because I'm sure if he wore that it would be painting a target on his back with Habs emblems.

Oh.  And why in the name of God can't someone put some flypaper up near the overhead camera????

Seriously!  What the living &^(*% is up with that?  No one has done anything about the flies buzzing around that camera since the Habs series?????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

they had a train horn they used for goals i like that since the place is part train  station i hate the fog horn crap

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Why would anyone lump in the Rene Rancourt legend into the newly adopted "woo" junk from Rick Flair, a wrestler? That makes no sense.  Rick Flair's "woo" has nothing to do with tradition in Boston or helping them win games.   Rancourt is the best in the business over 35 years and the Rick Flair thing is gimmicky and new. I cringed when I first heard it at the Garden. Couldn't believe it. Still can't, actually.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Let's not make Rancourt out to be anything more than he is.  He's the guy who sings the National Anthem at hockey games. I enjoy his version, but he's still just a guy who sings a song before a game.  If he got fired, my enjoyment of watching and attending games would be 100% the same.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Electronic cheerleading?  I went to an ECHL game down here a few years ago and left with a big headache.  Every stoppage filled with crashing noise.  And who needs to be told (electronically) to GET LOUD?   

What's wrong with the ambient noise of the crowd, and the on-ice noise of players changing, talking, getting ready for the next draw?  Why isn't that part of the natural crescendo?

There seems to be some kind of obsession compulsion to fill every space with electronic blitz.  maybe that's our age.  But I remember the old Garden when the only imposed noise was that organ, and there were lots of gaps when the real song of the crowd could be heard.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

AC/DC ROCKS!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I like the "Woooooo!!!"

Anytime you can have 20,000+ people saying the same thing! Fantastic!

Don't care for the fog horn though. Every team does it

From the games that I have seen, if there were no "electric" cheer initiators the crowd would be too quite. Remember, the Whole World is Watching now

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Why would anyone lump in the Rene Rancourt legend into the newly adopted "woo" junk from Rick Flair, a wrestler? That makes no sense.  Rick Flair's "woo" has nothing to do with tradition in Boston or helping them win games.   Rancourt is the best in the business over 35 years and the Rick Flair thing is gimmicky and new. I cringed when I first heard it at the Garden. Couldn't believe it. Still can't, actually.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Do I ever hate that 'woo'.
    With all the hockey history we have around here, why can't it be something unique to Boston? Or at least something unique?
    Most bothersome I think that 'woo' is a sound that a sissy makes.