Team 990- Montreal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Team 990- Montreal

I typically tune into Canadian Sports talk stations online while at work. I really like to hear about the game from a Canadian perspective where there is a true nationwide passion for hockey.
    This morning I am listening to the Team 990 in Montreal and you would think that tomorrow is game 7 of the Cup finals. Give it a listen if you have a chance. Sad to hear Canadiens fans moaning about how their Habs got picked on by the B's and their "goon" hockey. Not to mention the Bruins "classless" fans.
    Typical Habs fans who are blind to thier teams cheap,diving,cowardly brand of hockey. They should be focusing their attention on the GM, Pierre Gauthier, who has put together a collection of smurfs who are easily pushed around. Oh, and these are the same fans who boo the American Natioanal Anthem.
    Bob McKenzie is currently on spewing about how the Habs need to stay away from the fighting and concentrate on making the Bruins play the Habs "skill" game". Are you kidding me Bob? Who's Skill game are you talking about ? Are you trying to say that the Canadiens are MORE skilled and that the Bruins would have a harder time playing that style ?? WAKE UP BOB. The B's are the more skilled team dummy !!!!!!
    Hope the B's are well prepared for tomorrow because this is a big deal up there and I would not want to give the Habs the emotional push that they are looking for going into the playoffs.
    B's need to establish the physical tone (not talking about fighting) right from the start and keep the smurfs from generating any speed through the neutral zone.
    A typical Bruins shut down road game is whats called for here.
    Go B's !!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Team 990- Montreal

The Habs will do their usual try to draw the Bruins into penalties with their extra stick work when the refs aren't looking. Montreal hasn't played against the Bruins with quicker players Peverley and Kelly so Boston will match the Canadiens speed now. Hitting Pleckanec, Gionta and Cammalleri to start should take the Habs out of their game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ed,

I believe Boston has the better team.  I think Bob may be referring to skating, speed and hard work.  The Habs have a faster, smaller team.  I think that is obvious.  I think Philly beat them last year b/c they hammered them every chance they could. 

If Montreal is smart they skate away from everything, all night similar to how Detroit plays.  Montreal can't match the physical game.  But it doesn't mean they stop working.  I thought Montreal answered the bell the last game.  The only one who ducked out was PK.  I can't stand the Habs and the game with be on in my house as well as my pro-hab parents, brothers couisins house. 

I would be thrilled for a 1st round matchup.  But as it stands(unless a hot Caps team overtakes us) we will get either Buffalo, NYR or Carolina. 

Tomorrow is gonna be fun.  I bet Boston stays away from the physical after the whistle stuff on orders from the coach.  Montreal wants a win more than they wanna fight.  Montreal wins tom and they are 3 pts back for the Div. 
    Lets get the pts and worry about the extra stuff once the game is in hand.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Just a side note.  Not sure how many on here are from Montreal or Quebec. But the playoffs in that province is a ritual like nothing I have seen.  I mean cars with Habs flags.  Cage Aux Sports is a chain of sports bars and they get a live feed from the game and the place is packed hrs before the game.  
    Montreal is a one sports team city and it shows.  It is absolutely crazy there.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

In Response to Re: Team 990- Montreal:
    [QUOTE] Tomorrow is gonna be fun.  I bet Boston stays away from the physical after the whistle stuff on orders from the coach. 

I'm guessing we will see the typical BOS/MTL chipiness but, not the blood bath that our friends up north are predicting. It always seems that the games with the big build up are usually duds.

Team 990 is currently discussing ther merits of bringing up some toughness (Alex Henry) from Hamilton for the game. I say go ahead. Basically that would be telling the team that they are not tough enough to handle the B's on their own and they require "assistance". The host of the program (Tony Marinaro) has stated that the Habs "will win" tomorrow. They are also going to be playing NESN's promos for the game. I'm sure they will try to position it to show that the B's and their fans are nothing but mindless blood thirsty bullies. Stay classy MTL

on a side note; There is nothing like the BOS/MTL rivalry. We hate them and they hate us. The games are always hard fought and exciting. GREAT entertainment
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Montreal can't match the Bruins when it comes to grind it out, tough physical hockey.   The only chance they have is if it is a fast paced, up and down style game.  They have the skill to generate scoring chances when the game is moving fast.   That isn't to say they are better than the Bruins in that style of game, but it is the style they are most comfortable with, and thus the only style they have a chance of winning at.

The Bruins should lay on the legal, hard hits wherever possible.  Don't take unnecessary penalties and push right back at them with speed of their own.   I'm hoping for a 5 - 1 game for the Bruins!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I loved the last, fight-filled round, but it has annoyed me that people keep saying the Bruins pushed around the skilled Canadiens.  The Bruins are tougher, but they are also better.  The fights did not decide that game, the goals did, and the Bruins scored more with skill.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Here is the link my fellow B's fans. Enjoy the Habs fans insanity.
    http://www.team990.com/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the link my fellow B's fans. Enjoy the Habs fans insanity. http://www.team990.com/
    Posted by ed121501[/QUOTE]

Yes they should bring up Comboy or Henry

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]I loved the last, fight-filled round, but it has annoyed me that people keep saying the Bruins pushed around the skilled Canadiens.  The Bruins are tougher, but they are also better.  The fights did not decide that game, the goals did, and the Bruins scored more with skill.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Very good point. As the stats suggest the B's do seem to have more raw skill in their line-up then the Habs. Plus they have the phyiscal domension so, in short, they simply are a more well-rounded team....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I will be at the game tomorrow with my Patrice Bergeron's BRUINS jersey ....If Chara -Boychuk and McQuaid can hit theor forwards hard in the corners like they did the last game ...it'll be a BRUINS win ...Mtl doesnt like the physical play.....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Team 990- Montreal : Yes they should bring up Comboy or Henry
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

You mean this Conboy?:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/5733/fightcard/pre2011

Yes, I hope so...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Here are a couple of gems from the insane asylum that were just mentioned on air:
    "bring up Henry, he can take Boychuck"

"hit that little girl Campbell till he bleeds. maybe his daddy will protect him"

Yawn. You bore me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Here are a couple of gems from the insane asylum that were just mentioned on air: "bring up Henry, he can take Boychuck" "hit that little girl Campbell till he bleeds. maybe his daddy will protect him" Yawn. You bore me.

For so called "knowledgeable fans", you would think they would know that Campbell is never involved in incidents involving his son!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Here are a couple of gems from the insane asylum that were just mentioned on air: "bring up Henry, he can takeBoychuck" "hit that little girl Campbell till he bleeds. maybe his daddy will protect him" Yawn. You bore me.

I have no idea why they keep bringing up Boychuk's name !!!!
    It's as if he's goon and picked on one of their talented players. 
    HE'S NOT A FIGHTER !  Get over it !  I thought Montrealers were supposed to be the most knowledgeable hockey fans .  I could understand a few that follow only the Habs but even Denis Cassavant on the Team990 ??  Chris Nilan ??? 
    What a bunch of dopes. They all tagged Johnny as a goon that should not fight with non-fighters. 
    Boychuck( 1 fight this season) is as much of a fighter as Spacek (2 fights this season).  If he didn't want to fight he would not have dropped his gloves.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

After Thornton's last bout, maybe Boychuk can teach him a thing or 2 about fighting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BSL,

As much as I agree with you this board also has a lot of dopes.  Its all part of an open forum. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]BSL, As much as I agree with you this board also has a lot of dopes.  Its all part of an open forum. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Yes but the dopes I'm talking about are hockey guys and some that played the game.
    I've mentioned this post their last meeting that Chris Nilan said it was a disgrace that Boychuk picked on a non-fighter .  Boychuk picked on a non-fighter ?? Boychuk is not a fighter himself. Sure he knows how to handle himself but to whine and whine about this and still today ??
    Denis Cassavant is smart sports talk host and is also on the french version of TSN,  RDS but keeps calling out Boychuk as a goon along with his sidekick Elliot Price (ex-radio host of the Expos) That's just dumb !
    I'm not talking about posters on a forum, I'm talking about guys that are paid to give professional comments .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Just in from the asylum:

We (bruins fans) are "uneducated". Wow, all those years in school and money spent on college and I'm still uneducated. that's depressing.

Ricky thinks we're "losers". I'm not a loser. my mother told me so.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Its all about that Puss Subban---- back up your BS one time then the score will be settled-- keep running your trap and then running away like a little girl and your teamates will have to pay for your actions.

It's as simple as that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

The focus on playing the montreal skill game, is to avoid getting into a physical emotional game with the bruins, which is when the bruins actually play their best hockey.. They play their worst against teams like Det, Mon (in montreal) etc.. teams that do not physically engage, and are willing to let the bruins sleep..
    This bruins teams is not good enough to win on skill alone, we saw that saturday night..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah I agree Roler I also think if you hit Montreal's skilled smaller forwards they will hibernate. Another thing I don't like when Boston has played in Montreal the last few years is Boston's defense lets the Habs gain the offensive zone too quickly none of the Canadian forwards get stood up at the blueline.

Kelly and Peverley's play is what I am going to watch the most to see how Montreal deals with their speed. Have a good felling this game will not be a boring low scoring game nor a blow out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Surprised that the team had Subban's back so often, especially given Gill's comments to PK a couple days (?) before the game.  

If PK dropped the gloves, I don't think it would have escalated that much. Plus Chara was itching for Pacioretty all night.

It's not like Montreal is innocent in all of this, but they're acting like the victim.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]t's not like Montreal is innocent in all of this, but they're acting like the victim.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

We did punish them against their will, so maybe they have a point?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Where's Steve "The Animal" Fletcher when you need him?

Those were the days.