Terry O'Reilly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Terry O'Reilly

Quick dumb story, when i was a kid 16 years old, I saw Terry and his son who had to be 6 at the time in a Mcdonalds in Boston, I tried to pick a fight with Terry just showing off in front of my friends, he just told me kid i'm just here to get some food with my son I don't want any trouble, I went home told my mother the story and that he was afraid to fight me, she said I wished he would have kicked your tail, now i am 45 and i can look back and say to my friends i almost got my tail kicked by the great Terry O'Reilly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sizzled. Show Sizzled's posts

Re: Terry O'Reilly

that was a dumb story...just not quick enough though

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In Response to Terry O'Reilly:
    [QUOTE]Quick dumb story, when i was a kid 16 years old, I saw Terry and his son who had to be 6 at the time in a Mcdonalds in Boston, I tried to pick a fight with Terry just showing off in front of my friends, he just told me kid i'm just here to get some food with my son I don't want any trouble, I went home told my mother the story and that he was afraid to fight me, she said I wished he would have kicked your tail, now i am 45 and i can look back and say to my friends i almost got my tail kicked by the great Terry O'Reilly.
    Posted by vegasredsox[/QUOTE]

You're lucky Terry took the high road. I don't know how big you were at 16, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to peanuts that Terry would've kicked the cr.ap out of you. I feel sorry for some of these public figures. The guy can't even take his kid to McDonalds without some wiseass punk trying to start something stupid about nothing. I'm not saying that you were or are the only teenager to do something stupid like this, and I'm sure you've probably grown up since, but really. I was 16 once too, and did some stupid sh.it, but I don't think I ever did anything like this. And for good reason. I know someone like Terry O'reilly could've seriously hurt me if he wanted to. And good on your mom for taking the stance she did.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Terry O'Reilly:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Terry O'Reilly : You're lucky Terry took the high road. I don't know how big you were at 16, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to peanuts that Terry would've kicked the cr.ap out of you. I feel sorry for some of these public figures. The guy can't even take his kid to McDonalds without some wiseass punk trying to start something stupid about nothing. I'm not saying that you were or are the only teenager to do something stupid like this, and I'm sure you've probably grown up since, but really. I was 16 once too, and did some stupid sh.it, but I don't think I ever did anything like this. And for good reason. I know someone like Terry O'reilly could've seriously hurt me if he wanted to. And good on your mom for taking the stance she did.  
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS[/QUOTE]
    By the OP's math, he was attempting to pick a fight with O'Reilly,who was still a member of the Bruins(1980-81). The story is rather stupid and unbelievable.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Not so sure about it not being true, Todd gill ( from my home town ) always broguht a team mate around during all star break or xmas, and he brought steve thomas one year, we met at the bar, ( todds a good freind of mine ) and a few beers i kinda told steve he was an arrogant sob and it could of been nastier. True Story and i often wonder who would of won.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Not so sure about it not being true, Todd gill ( from my home town ) always broguht a team mate around during all star break or xmas, and he brought steve thomas one year, we met at the bar, ( todds a good freind of mine ) and a few beers i kinda told steve he was an arrogant sob and it could of been nastier. True Story and i often wonder who would of won.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]
    Getting in a drunken bar fight with a guy that's near your age is different than a 16 year old challenging one of the reigning NHL heavyweights. It might be true. I simply doubt it's 100% accurate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

i saw cam neely walking through north station a few weeks back. he was with his daughter. i didn't say anything though :(

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Reminds me of the time I went golfing with a foursome of O'Reilly, Milt Schmidt, and Tyler Seguin while they were all in their hockey prime (can't recall the exact year?). 

After my second eagle of a par five on the day, I beat O'Reilly in a chugging contest (pitcher of motor oil).  The punishment for losing the contest was that he and Schmidt had to get to third base together in the bushes while Seguin and I scored with some supermodels back in the clubhouse.  Then Seguin's chick told him I was more attractive and ditched him to have a three-way with me.  Captain America was there too and gave me a high-five.  Then Kathryn Tappen interviewed me about the whole thing, while topless, for NESN.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Reminds me of the time I went golfing with a foursome of O'Reilly, Milt Schmidt, and Tyler Seguin while they were all in their hockey prime (can't recall the exact year?).  After my second eagle of a par five on the day, I beat O'Reilly in a chugging contest (pitcher of motor oil).  The punishment for losing the contest was that he and Schmidt had to get to third base together in the bushes while Seguin and I scored with some supermodels back in the clubhouse.  Then Seguin's chick told him I was more attractive and ditched him to have a three-way with me.  Captain America was there too and gave me a high-five.  Then Kathryn Tappen interviewed me about the whole thing, while topless, for NESN.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Sounds like that was quite a morning for you Fletch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]Reminds me of the time I went golfing with a foursome of O'Reilly, Milt Schmidt, and Tyler Seguin while they were all in their hockey prime (can't recall the exact year?).  After my second eagle of a par five on the day, I beat O'Reilly in a chugging contest (pitcher of motor oil).  The punishment for losing the contest was that he and Schmidt had to get to third base together in the bushes while Seguin and I scored with some supermodels back in the clubhouse.  Then Seguin's chick told him I was more attractive and ditched him to have a three-way with me.  Captain America was there too and gave me a high-five.  Then Kathryn Tappen interviewed me about the whole thing, while topless, for NESN.

That sounds like an awesome day.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]Quick dumb story, when i was a kid 16 years old, I saw Terry and his son who had to be 6 at the time in a Mcdonalds in Boston, I tried to pick a fight with Terry just showing off in front of my friends, he just told me kid i'm just here to get some food with my son I don't want any trouble, I went home told my mother the story and that he was afraid to fight me, she said I wished he would have kicked your tail, now i am 45 and i can look back and say to my friends i almost got my tail kicked by the great Terry O'Reilly.

Be glad it was O'Reilly, and not Nilan...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Terry O'Reilly : Be glad it was O'Reilly, and not Nilan...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    Nilan would've beat and robbed him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I remember that day very well. I was in the foursome behind you with Marilyn Monroe, Gypsy Rose Lee and Raquel Welch. Tiger Woods joined us on the 19th hole.

We did see O'Reilly and Uncle Miltie in the bushes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

Slow day at work boys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

It would have been a better story if it had involved Nevin Markwart.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry O'Reilly : I remember that day very well. I was in the foursome behind you with Marilyn Monroe, Gypsy Rose Lee and Raquel Welch. Tiger Woods joined us on the 19th hole. We did see O'Reilly and Uncle Miltie in the bushes.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes, I recall you riding a unicorn instead of taking a cart that day and having Tiger hit from the ladies tee so he could keep up with us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

What a dumb story .If it's true then I think you only taunted him because deep down you knew that he wouldn't do anything .What a stupid position to put O'Reilly in when he just wanted to quietly get his food and leave .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Terry O'Reilly:[QUOTE] I beat O'Reilly in a chugging contest (pitcher of motor oil). Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

No way this part is definitely made up! Everything else is fine I think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Dammit! Why can't ANY of this Sh! t happen for me! Congrats Fletch...I'm very jealous! Hope you're happy!! _l_

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Now this sounds completely believable...all except the three way bit. ;^) 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry O'Reilly : No way this part is definitely made up! Everything else is fine I think.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yes way!  Quaker State, 10W-30.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

You can be excused for being an idiot at 16, but not now.  Posting this story now, here, is dumber than ruining a guys meal with his child.  Cement head.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]You can be excused for being an idiot at 16, but not now.  Posting this story now, here, is dumber than ruining a guys meal with his child.  Cement head.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]Perfectly said Scooter.