Thank You Recchi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins0796. Show bruins0796's posts

Thank You Recchi

Thanks Mark for all these years and the goals to bring us this far. you wil not be forgotten in boston. thank you for the cup and enjoy retirement!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Thank You Recchi

In Response to Thank You Recchi:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Mark for all these years and the goals to bring us this far. you wil not be forgotten in boston. thank you for the cup and enjoy retirement!
    Posted by bruins0796[/QUOTE]

And share that bottle of wine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

On the "what's your preferred outcome" thread (or whatever it's called) I picked a Bourque like ending for Recchi.  Almost nailed it.  Young scorer leads the way to an 3-0 lead?  Check.  Nurse it home?  Check.  Only difference is it went 4-0 instead of 3-1.  Veteran inspirational leader retires with the Cup in hand?  Check.

Can they put Ray's name on this?  Along with Cam's and maybe Oates?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Recchi is a winner !  He wanted to remain a Bruin because he believed in this group. 

I have to say it...... Remember when Recchi called out Kessel back when they lost against the Canes ?  Said that 99% of the team was fighting with the exception of one?  Yes FU Kessel !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Congrats to a true playoff warrior, finishing his career on top!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Congrats on a great career! Handles himself well on and off the ice. His veteran leadership and intangibles will be missed dearly and hard to replace.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I kind of wish he stuck around for another year.. This guy's game is getting better with age.. He outscored Henrik in this series.. What a warrior.. Thanks Mark for showing this group how to win.. They couldn't have done it without you.  Your next hockey glory will be when they enshrine you into the HOF.. Job well done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

amazing that a 43 year old player will be missed but he will. i thought at various times during the playoffs, that he was wearing out but wow what a finals he had.

Mark ,enjoy a most happy retirement !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

To all that trashed him this season -- Too Slow -- Too old -- Too whatever.

In your face.

Mark -- this team needed a level headed leader -- Thanks -- We will miss you. You were an integral part of this cup run and deserve to go out on top.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Thank You Recchi:
    [QUOTE]I kind of wish he stuck around for another year.. This guy's game is getting better with age.. He outscored Henrik in this series.. What a warrior.. Thanks Mark for showing this group how to win.. They couldn't have done it without you.  Your next hockey glory will be when they enshrine you into the HOF.. Job well done.
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

btw both Sedins were at -4 tonight

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I hope he stays somewhere in the team front office!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Thank you Rex for the leadership you have given this young squad. I hope to see you working for this club for years to come, if not everything you have given has been appreciated. Words can't express!!! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Thank you Bergeron.  The heart and soul of this team.  No one deserves it more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Thank You Recchi:
    [QUOTE]I kind of wish he stuck around for another year.. This guy's game is getting better with age.. He outscored Henrik in this series.. What a warrior.. Thanks Mark for showing this group how to win.. They couldn't have done it without you.  Your next hockey glory will be when they enshrine you into the HOF.. Job well done.
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Rex outscored the twins combined....

what a way to end an outstanding career!!!!....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I'm going to miss him. He's only 13yrs younger than me !!!!  And now, when I drive down Mark Recchi Way in Kamloops, it will have that extra meaning for me. Thanks Mark Recchi !    Go B's Go !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pretzeller. Show Pretzeller's posts

Congrats to the Wrecking Ball, that's one hell of a career by anyone's standards, brought a lot of Stanley Cup experience to a team that had very little before he got here, 43 years young another Stanley Cup ring to add to an already amazing career, game of hockey will miss you...the way he looked tonight undressing Dmen he could have played another couple years but I'm glad to see him go out on top so again congrats to Mark Recchi for an amazing career and another cup ring

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Great player for the Bruins. I don't think he missed a single game through injury in all the time he was here. Unbelievable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

Looked like Seguin on that rush he blew by Salo!(think it was Salo..) Looked 20 years younger on that play! Made the defender look like a turtle! lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I always liked Recchi. There was a time when he was as good as anyone else in the league. A clutch player. His teammates went to him for advice, and weren't ashamed to admit it. I hope he stays in hockey. I think they'll find a place for a guy like that if he wants it.