Thanks for signing Chara for 7 more years..............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

Re: Thanks for signing Chara for 7 more years..............

FLETCHER1  YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE MONEY  NASH99 IS INDEED
    BILLY MADISON DUMB

LMAO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Thanks for signing Chara for 7 more years..............:
    [QUOTE]Do you want me to compare apples-to-apples; Pronger is a big man who plays big, Chara is big but plays really small....get off the notion of the North American tie up, Myers is a glorified forward, Chara handles the puck as if its on fire they cannot be compared at all!!! 
    Posted by yep123[/QUOTE]

Great way to back up your arguement about North American defencemen being tough if they were Chara's size . Now you are calling Myers a glorified forward ! Does this mean he'll never win the Norris ? It's time to get out of the 80's and to the year 2010. Even Don Cherry has left behind the neandrathal      thinking that Europeans are not tough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Chara is just happy to be getting overpaid by some dimwitted NHL GM. I mean the guy broke the bank here in Boston. He was basically some overgrown nobody from nowhere Yogoslavia who would have been playing in front of 500 people in the backwaters of Europe but Mike Mudbury took a shot at an oversized project. Yes he plays good defense when not asked to skate faster than 5 miles an hour but the guy is not ever going to win you anything and he is happy enough just being rich and not living in some shack in Eastern Europe. They just call him the captain because he has a letter on his sweater but he has never talked like a captain....if he even bother to talk. The only guy that says anything on this team is Thornton who is a 4th line goon and just shows how leaderless this club has always been since Neely and Bourque retired.
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

WOW !  Is that still a country ?  Want to go ask Lucic ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Chowdakid - players have roles on teams, I am assuming you understand what that means, but this as well needs to be explained to you!??

Chara plays D, Pronger plays D, both has size, one uses it the other ignores it.....take Myers out of the equation, YES he is tall, but the kid is a complete offensive defenseman, is Chara in that role??

This is like talking to my 5 year old....you keep coming up to the Myers equation, they are incomparable, you aksed for a Norht American comparison to Chara, Pronger is Canadien who plays with a snarl & uses his size, that IS the comparison.  You do not seem to be answering to this comparison?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckstopa. Show puckstopa's posts

Okay I have been reading these boards for awhile now just never created a username and all that BS.  But the Bruins have really caused a stir with this lackluster play.....but to blame Chara with some of the reasons suggested here is absurd.

As for Chara not fighting it was nailed on the head, first off it takes two to tango and not many people in the league want to fight Chara.  Second why would you want him in the box for 5 minutes, that is like saying when the Penguins or Caps have a bad game Crosby or Ovechkin need to drop the gloves, no you want those "LEADERS" on the ice.

Chara does seem to play tentative physically from time to time and I believe this is because of his SIZE.  Chara towers over everyone in the league minus a few and I have often seen him cave guys and and take penalties for roughing or elbows do to his height/strength. I agree this is not an excuse he should have adapted to his height by now but still how does someone 6'9" hit some 6'1" without worringly escpecially in todays NHL. 

I hope I am welcomed with open arms and continue to post often.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

You will need to surround Chara with alot of talent in order for him to win a Cup and since you are paying him $7.5M that isn't going to happen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]I've been watching him for a decade being in the eastern conference, has never made it past the second round in the playoffs, what a leader!!!  Leaders win, point to me Chara's name on a Cup..... If your role is "to eat up minutes", thats sad, and yes he needs to fight more.....not come into scrums late when refs are already involved. Leaders would not allow for the Bergeron and Savard to be logged out of the arena badly injured, and do not do a thing about it; that is a dressing room issue, a "team" issue, thats either on Chara or the coach's head....
    Posted by yep123[/QUOTE]

If that is your criteria pretty lame .. I gather he is in good company though..
    Ovechkin, Sedin, Marleau, Iginla, Nash, Richards, Doan,  etc.  I dont think they have their names on Stanley either..they are not leaders as well are they ..last time I looked its always been a team game...and TEAMS win Cups not individuals....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]Okay I have been reading these boards for awhile now just never created a username and all that BS.  But the Bruins have really caused a stir with this lackluster play.....but to blame Chara with some of the reasons suggested here is absurd. As for Chara not fighting it was nailed on the head, first off it takes two to tango and not many people in the league want to fight Chara.  Second why would you want him in the box for 5 minutes, that is like saying when the Penguins or Caps have a bad game Crosby or Ovechkin need to drop the gloves, no you want those "LEADERS" on the ice. Chara does seem to play tentative physically from time to time and I believe this is because of his SIZE.  Chara towers over everyone in the league minus a few and I have often seen him cave guys and and take penalties for roughing or elbows do to his height/strength. I agree this is not an excuse he should have adapted to his height by now but still how does someone 6'9" hit some 6'1" without worringly escpecially in todays NHL.  I hope I am welcomed with open arms and continue to post often.....
    Posted by puckstopa[/QUOTE]

More than welcome buddy.. This forum is in desperate need of some badly needed INTELLIGENCE :) My sentiments exactly on your post.. Nice Start!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Chowdakid - players have roles on teams, I am assuming you understand what that means, but this as well needs to be explained to you!?? Chara plays D, Pronger plays D, both has size, one uses it the other ignores it.....take Myers out of the equation, YES he is tall, but the kid is a complete offensive defenseman, is Chara in that role?? This is like talking to my 5 year old....you keep coming up to the Myers equation, they are incomparable, you aksed for a Norht American comparison to Chara, Pronger is Canadien who plays with a snarl & uses his size, that IS the comparison.  You do not seem to be answering to this comparison?
    Posted by yep123[/QUOTE]

Yes Pronger is Canadian like me . Not Canadien by the way. And yes he is mean. I say he is dirty more then tough . That is a good example . But like talking to my 5 year old 20 years ago , you seem to be straying from the original comparison by bringing in Pronger . Why are Chara and Myers incomparable according to what you originally said ? Myers same size , North American but .........not a beast . Does it matter what style Myers plays? Not according to your original statement. He's N.A. , he must be tough.

BTW I live a half hour away from the HSBC arena in Buffalo and see their games . How do you figure Myers doesn't play a defensive game to go along with his offensive skills . Tell me more b.s. stories . I can tell by this statement the amount of Sabres games you've seen. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Chowdakid - players have roles on teams, I am assuming you understand what that means, but this as well needs to be explained to you!?? Chara plays D, Pronger plays D, both has size, one uses it the other ignores it.....take Myers out of the equation, YES he is tall, but the kid is a complete offensive defenseman, is Chara in that role?? This is like talking to my 5 year old....you keep coming up to the Myers equation, they are incomparable, you aksed for a Norht American comparison to Chara, Pronger is Canadien who plays with a snarl & uses his size, that IS the comparison.  You do not seem to be answering to this comparison?
    Posted by yep123[/QUOTE]

But Chara fights and hits more than Pronger.  Last year Chara had 151 hits, Pronger had 104.  Pronger practically never fights.  The argument that Chara doesn't play physical or use his size is just baseless. 

The Bruins have had a lot of big North American defensmen recently who played soft -- Andrew Alberts and Hal Gill to name a couple.  Chara is much more physical. 

Pronger has more suspensions, I'll give you that.

In my opinion, Chara needs to improve on stopping the little quick guys with better agility, not the toughness.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Individuals lead, teams follow.....he has not a proven leader, I am not suggesting he fight at the drop of a hat, but I am stating he needs to step up specifically in a Savard & Bergeron situations, he did NOTHING, and I am Canadian as well but that doesnt make me an expert on hockey as some up north seem to believe they are entitled!  Sorry on the spelling, didnt realize it was that important....

Over the history of the game, and even in most cases in todays game, North
    American players play a more hard nosed style of play.....we can take one-on-one situation all day long, however the majority of players from abroad versus North American players play a much softer game; AGAIN we can compare one-on-one all day long, but in terms of the entire league this is very evident...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Isn't Chara from Slovakia.?.. partially a back-water country...