The Bruins Need to Make a Trade but....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

The Bruins Need to Make a Trade but....

I do think the Bruins need to make a trade to add some new blood due not only to injuries but also to help bring a new sense of enthusiasm to the room. 

That being said the Bruins are in a great position to be a strong team for many years to come so I don't think you throw that out the window and go all in for this year or next. Especially with the fact that the Bruins won the Cup and have most of the same team, they can tweak the team and have a decent shot and still keep the youth in tact to be good for years to come. Of course they could make a trade now that would greatly increase their chances to win this year or next but it would mortgage their future and that would be disappointing if they didn't win in the next 2 -3 years.  Of course if you can make a big deal that really helps now and does not mortgage your future too much (not sure if that is possible) that would be the best scenario.  So who do you feel is untradeable and who would you consider trading?

For me these guys are untradeable:

Chara
    Bergeron
    Thomas
    Seguin
    Lucic
    Seidenberg
    Rask (next #1 goalie)
    Hamilton (next stud D man?)
    Marchand
    Peverly (the team has stuggled especially while he has been out)
    One of Boychuk or Ference

This core 11 keeps the foundation of the current team but have youth to be the core of the future,

These guys I would consider trading but only for a star player

Krejci or Kelly but not both
    Boychuk or Ference but not both 
    Horton (won't be traded due to health anyway)
    Spooner
    1st round pick

The rest are all on the table to go but there are some I would like to see go:

Corvo - terrible - see ya
    Pouliot -  the guy scores a few big goals and some of the people on here think he is wonderful - he is just not very good and it is embarassing even with the injuries the Bruins have that this guy has been getting conistent power play time on a Stanley Cup Champion team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: The Bruins Need to Make a Trade but....

If PC pulls off a good deal at the deadline he's God.

Sellers market 100%

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

It definitely is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I still think PC will pull in a couple of vets for depth sometime before Monday. I remember a few trade deadlines having like 24 trades 3 or 4 hours before it was over, Expect the unexpected.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Like to see them add a couiple of forwards, a couple of 3rd liners who can come in and help so we're not double shifting people going down the stretch run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Huntbri,  I'm with you re: your lists.  Nice post. 

I do think they are in need of a scorer and not just a veteran presence.  It seems that lately above average goalies are able to shut down the B's offense completely.  This will not bode well for the playoffs since they will face nothing but above average goalies.  The good news is that they are still holding a considerable advantage in shots and puck possession in the offensive zone which tells me they are lacking front of the net presence, killer instinct, sniping, getting those dirty goals (a la Holmstrom, Ryan Smith).  Too much is coming from the perimeter or the points and they just currently do not have the personnel to score those type of goals on a consistent basis.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Thanks Dufour and I agree more dirty goals are required.  Hopefully they can bring someone in to help in that department.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: The Bruins Need to Make a Trade but....:
    [QUOTE]I still think PC will pull in a couple of vets for depth sometime before Monday. I remember a few trade deadlines having like 24 trades 3 or 4 hours before it was over, Expect the unexpected.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right SanDog.  I don't think they can stand pat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankbird. Show frankbird's posts

In Response to The Bruins Need to Make a Trade but....:
    [QUOTE]I do think the Bruins need to make a trade to add some new blood due not only to injuries but also to help bring a new sense of enthusiasm to the room.  That being said the Bruins are in a great position to be a strong team for many years to come so I don't think you throw that out the window and go all in for this year or next. Especially with the fact that the Bruins won the Cup and have most of the same team, they can tweak the team and have a decent shot and still keep the youth in tact to be good for years to come. Of course they could make a trade now that would greatly increase their chances to win this year or next but it would mortgage their future and that would be disappointing if they didn't win in the next 2 -3 years.  Of course if you can make a big deal that really helps now and does not mortgage your future too much (not sure if that is possible) that would be the best scenario.  So who do you feel is untradeable and who would you consider trading? For me these guys are untradeable: Chara Bergeron Thomas Seguin Lucic Seidenberg Rask (next #1 goalie) Hamilton (next stud D man?) Marchand Peverly (the team has stuggled especially while he has been out) One of Boychuk or Ference This core 11 keeps the foundation of the current team but have youth to be the core of the future, These guys I would consider trading but only for a star player Krejci or Kelly but not both Boychuk or Ference but not both  Horton (won't be traded due to health anyway) Spooner 1st round pick The rest are all on the table to go but there are some I would like to see go: Corvo - terrible - see ya Pouliot -  the guy scores a few big goals and some of the people on here think he is wonderful - he is just not very good and it is embarassing even with the injuries the Bruins have that this guy has been getting conistent power play time on a Stanley Cup Champion team
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Thomas untradeable?? He's the problem. Yeah, Fox Nation will whine & moan, but Columbus will give something for him, I'll drive him to the airport!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

huntbri good post and an interesting list.

What would you do with McQuaid (I love him)? He has a plus 13 and 100 PIM . He is a good 5 or 6 defender on the B's or could be be a 4 defender on a bad defensive team .

McQuaid for Parenteau ?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

25 posts. all about Colin Campbell.

Awesome.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

During HNIC's second period Host Stove Lounge segment tonight Elliotte Friedman said the Bruins were among the teams Dustin Brown was made available to but when the word got out about Brown LA pulled him back.  Had no idea the B's were even in the mix for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I'm sure the B's are in the mix for any trade. Do-able, not likely

If PC isn't looking for players then he isn't doing his job. Now what the cost would be and who we get are the real issues at this time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Expect a deal for a veteran like Jason Blake, Brian Rolston, or even Mike Knuble. 
    Dustin Brown will command prospects, a 1st rd pick and someone like Caron

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

I think a miscue was made when the bruins didn't go after Wolski who the Rangers let go for very little when you consider he is still in his mid 20s and has been a 20 goal scorer. With their curent manpower shortage due to injuries he would have been a good pickup without disturbing the roster to any great extent. Now  old friend Brian Rolston is available on waivers.  He should be good insurance for the playoff run much as Mark Recchi was a couple of years back.  It appears to be extremely iffy  if Horton will be back this year so a decent foreward or 2 would be almost mandatory acquisitions if the team is going to have a real chance at the cup this year.  Management needs to take a hard look at what players they have in their organization that they consider expendable and their available draft picks and then target certain players they believe can help them more then the exndables and make a move. In  reality even with the return of Peverly they will be short on hard nosed experienced wingers who will come up with the real goods at crunch time. A move or 2 is badly needed in the next 40 or so hours.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Ever. Show 4Ever's posts

I agree the biggest need is scoring help. They have a soild foundation for years to come, but there are times when it is worth "going for it". If they don't upgrade the D, time to try 47 over 14. Give it a couple weeks and see how the kid plays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]huntbri good post and an interesting list.   What would you do with McQuaid (I love him)? He has a plus 13 and 100 PIM . He is a good 5 or 6 defender on the B's or could be be a 4 defender on a bad defensive team . McQuaid for Parenteau ?
    Posted by Sistersledge[/QUOTE]

I like McQuaid too.  I just don't think he is untradeable and you always have to give up something to get something.  Of their 6 regular D man I would get rid of Corvo, Chara and Seids are not going anywhere and I would only be willing to move 1 of the other 3 and that is only if it was part of a deal for a good offensive player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]I still think PC will pull in a couple of vets for depth sometime before Monday. I remember a few trade deadlines having like 24 trades 3 or 4 hours before it was over, Expect the unexpected.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you Dawg....I still remember PC saying he dosen't want to make any roster trades.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]Expect a deal for a veteran like Jason Blake, Brian Rolston, or even Mike Knuble.  Dustin Brown will command prospects, a 1st rd pick and someone like Caron
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]

Steve Ott ? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Ever. Show 4Ever's posts

Ott could be interesting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Steve Ott could fit on this team, but from what I hear from media reports, to get Ott the Bruins need to offer a roster player, a young defenceman and a pick.  Sounds like there's an auction right now for Ott with Vancouver and teams like Ottawa interested.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Give me John Erskine on D... Lately he has been a scratch..would cost nothing...this team could use a little more toughness on back end and this guy is as tough as nails....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Ott, no thanks! They have March. I hoped he BM into a skilled player but seems he just wants the Ott or Avery type roll which is too bad, very skilled.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Steve Ott could fit on this team, but from what I hear from media reports, to get Ott the Bruins need to offer a roster player, a young defenceman and a pick.  Sounds like there's an auction right now for Ott with Vancouver and teams like Ottawa interested.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]

Tonight during the second period intermission segment of HNIC's Hot Stove Lounge, panelist Eric Francis of The Calgary Sun said Ott is the second most coveted player of interest behind only Nash.