The Bruins Need to Make a Trade but....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Re: The Bruins Need to Make a Trade but....

Ott, nooooo thanks. Kpd said spooner/knight and 1st for Dustin b, that would be great

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: The Bruins Need to Make a Trade but....:
    [QUOTE]Give me John Erskine on D... Lately he has been a scratch..would cost nothing...this team could use a little more toughness on back end and this guy is as tough as nails....
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

I'd like him if we already didnt have too many d-men who cant do anything offensivley

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I think Chara, Seguin and Lucic are the only untouchables on this roster.

Depending entirely of course on the return.

(Marchand and Hamilton are pretty close)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]I think Chara, Seguin and Lucic are the only untouchables on this roster. Depending entirely of course on the return. (Marchand and Hamilton are pretty close)
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, earlier this week you stated how Chara was the most important Bruin..Couldn't be more correct, he goes to the box for 5 minutes and all hell breaks loose. I might put Bergeron ahead of Marchand, as he goes so does the offense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Bruins Need to Make a Trade but.... : I agree with this, earlier this week you stated how Chara was the most important Bruin..Couldn't be more correct, he goes to the box for 5 minutes and all hell breaks loose. I might put Bergeron ahead of Marchand, as he goes so does the offense.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

You've right, I overlooked Bergeron.

I think Chara is as good an MVP candidate as there is in the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I just think that PC is gauging what the market is right now as to what teams are trading for and giving up to get those players. I do think PC will go after a forward and a defenseman. Corvo most likely wil be traded cause he is on his last year of his deal.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

Management is looking at players for whom they will not have to break up the team to get. Hence fringe players on the current team and draft picks plus available players at Providence are in the trading mix.   That probably limits the type of players and their skill levels  that they will be getting in return. However it is a starting point and sometimes  average trades advance to bigger trades as the talks advance.  All that being said doesn't mean that the Bruins won't get anybody who will be a significant addition as sometimes a player who isn't much somewhere else comes to Boston and proves to be quite a  valuable piece of the puzzle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Let's think about TT for a moment.
    He's going to be an UFA in 13/14.
    He's been underpaid.
    He is getting old.
    If you're going to trade him, you must time it before his skills start to decline.  You can't trade him WHEN his skills start to decline because he'll have lost a ton of market value by then.
    Compare stats with Rask.

Name GP Min GAA W L OTL ENG ShO GA SA Sv%
    Tim Thomas4123692.232612054881223.928
    Tuukka Rask2212602.0511831343609.929

Based on the stats alone you could argue that Rask is the better goalie.

Maybe not this trade deadline or this summer, but I don't see a choice.  I think the business logic demands it.  I think they MUST trade TT at some point before he goes UFA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Bruins Need to Make a Trade but.... : Thomas untradeable?? He's the problem. Yeah, Fox Nation will whine & moan, but Columbus will give something for him, I'll drive him to the airport!!
    Posted by frankbird[/QUOTE]

WELL you would have been better to not say anything and have people think maybe you were ignorant... but you went and spoke proving it to the world.....

WHO cares if Timmy is a conservative or not?  He is an AMerican and as such has a right to speak his mind in his personal time. />>PERIOD!   He is a two-time Vezina trophy winner, and unless you were blind or just had a "Free liberal condom" over your head last night during the game you couldn't have missed some of the amazing stops he made.    YES he allowed three goals.... but none of them were CHEAP.... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

TT will be dealt during the off-season.  Bet your left arm on it.  Rask will become #1.  To Tampa for Malone?  Maybe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]TT will be dealt during the off-season.  Bet your left arm on it.  Rask will become #1.  To Tampa for Malone?  Maybe.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]
    Let's hope not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]Let's think about TT for a moment. He's going to be an UFA in 13/14. He's been underpaid. He is getting old. If you're going to trade him, you must time it before his skills start to decline.  You can't trade him WHEN his skills start to decline because he'll have lost a ton of market value by then. Compare stats with Rask. Name GP Min GAA W L OTL ENG ShO GA SA Sv% Tim Thomas 41 2369 2.23 26 12 0 5 4 88 1223 .928 Tuukka Rask 22 1260 2.05 11 8 3 1 3 43 609 .929 Based on the stats alone you could argue that Rask is the better goalie. Maybe not this trade deadline or this summer, but I don't see a choice.  I think the business logic demands it.  I think they MUST trade TT at some point before he goes UFA.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Depending on how the playoffs go I do think as Boris said as well that TT could be traded in the off season.  If they win the Cup again with him in net then he will never be traded unless he wants to leave.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Like many others, I'm not sold on Rask as the Bruins' "goalie of the future." Barring injury, Thomas will play every game in the playoffs. And if T.T. gets hurt, I don't think Rask can lead this team to the Stanley Cup.

This means that right now, Rask is an asset who has no immediate value. And as others have pointed out, the window for winning the Cup closes quickly. I'd rather see Chiarelli roll the dice with a bold move or moves now to put more pop in the offense and more stop in the defense. If Rask needs to be part of that deal, then do it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Let's think about TT for a moment. He's going to be an UFA in 13/14. He's been underpaid. He is getting old. If you're going to trade him, you must time it before his skills start to decline.  You can't trade him WHEN his skills start to decline because he'll have lost a ton of market value by then. Compare stats with Rask. Name GP Min GAA W L OTL ENG ShO GA SA Sv% Tim Thomas 41 2369 2.23 26 12 0 5 4 88 1223 .928 Tuukka Rask 22 1260 2.05 11 8 3 1 3 43 609 .929 Based on the stats alone you could argue that Rask is the better goalie. Maybe not this trade deadline or this summer, but I don't see a choice.  I think the business logic demands it.  I think they MUST trade TT at some point before he goes UFA.

See you've come out of your trade deadline blues to give us a little of your own speculation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Bruins Need to Make a Trade but.... : See you've come out of your trade deadline blues to give us a little of your own speculation.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

20 hours left.  Not much pain left.

And I'm not speculating, it's not to do with this trade deadline.  If he gets to market then he's going to want the big payroll that he's been missing out on.  It's not like they can sign him for cheap.  And looking at the stats alone there's no reason to not go forward with TR sooner rather than later.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Bruins Need to Make a Trade but.... : 20 hours left.  Not much pain left. And I'm not speculating, it's not to do with this trade deadline.  If he gets to market then he's going to want the big payroll that he's been missing out on.  It's not like they can sign him for cheap.  And looking at the stats alone there's no reason to not go forward with TR sooner rather than later.

Speculation on the Bruins future trade front straight from Badhab's mouth. You just can't get enough speculation from this deadline so you started up next year's already. Hee Hee !

"I think they MUST trade TT at some point before he goes UFA."

spec·u·la·tion (sp k y-l sh n) n. 1. a. Contemplation or consideration of a subject; meditation. b. A conclusion, opinion, or theory reached by conjecture

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Bruins Need to Make a Trade but.... : Wrong Einstein, Chippy Campbell is the only untouchable B. When you have officiating solidly on your bench, you don't need much skill...just look at the 2011 playoffs...if you need any proof.  Have a nice Day!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]
    A Canucks board is calling for a insightful poster, right now !!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Last year to get Paverly. Look what Bruins had to give up.To win A Stanley Cup
    you sometimes have to Mortgage the future