The Bruins owe Rask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The Bruins owe Rask

OK! Last night was a Thank You to Timmy Thomas. Mind you Mike Smith & Victor Hedman certainly helped, but in the overall scheme of things the B's finally showed up from start to finish. It's time to give Tuukka one of these games. Where they actually finish off a team when it has it by the jugular! Rask is just like TT was last year. Playing well, but not getting enough team help to get the wins. Yes TT has been the better of the two so far. TT's season up to this point should have his name on the hart Trophy ballot.
    Anyway, TT has been getting lots of help from his teammates by scoring an average of 3.05 gpg. Poor Tuukka gets an average of 1.62 gpg! So basically you're telling Rask. Sorry kid, but you allow 2 goals no matter how bad our defensive break downs are. You're SOL. That's too much to ask ANY GOALIE! Tuukka deserves better & I hope someone in CJ's staff had the decency to do what I did. Show this team that it hasn't been supporting Rask at all!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: The Bruins owe Rask

In Response to The Bruins owe Rask:
    [QUOTE]OK! Last night was a Thank You to Timmy Thomas. Mind you Mike Smith & Victor Hedman certainly helped, but in the overall scheme of things the B's finally showed up from start to finish. It's time to give Tuukka one of these games. Where they actually finish off a team when it has it by the jugular! Rask is just like TT was last year. Playing well, but not getting enough team help to get the wins. Yes TT has been the better of the two so far. TT's season up to this point should have his name on the hart Trophy ballot. Anyway, TT has been getting lots of help from his teammates by scoring an average of 3.05 gpg. Poor Tuukka gets an average of 1.62 gpg! So basically you're telling Rask. Sorry kid, but you allow 2 goals no matter how bad our defensive break downs are. You're SOL. That's too much to ask ANY GOALIE! Tuukka deserves better & I hope someone in CJ's staff had the decency to do what I did. Show this team that it hasn't been supporting Rask at all!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    We need more fans like you on this forum...Supportive of both goalies regardless of your preference.Seems there are too many on here who think you can only like one and not the other.Anyone with an ounce of sense would realize they're both Bruins and that's all that matters.The goalies are supportive of each other so I don't know why it's so hard for some fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I think tuuka will get some more starts (and wins) soon.......at least I hope so. Thomas needs a rest too....don't want him to become the next Mikka Kipprosoft.....and get burnt out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well, I know the kid is this teams future! I want him to be what he's supposed to be. As cool as Rask's demeaner maybe; he's not invincible to losing confidence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Rask will get his time, it's a long season. TT has been playing great lately, why not continue to give him the nod.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Rask would put up shutouts or one goal games as often as Thomas, he'd have many more wins.

I am very happy with how things are right now.  The veteran leading the way and the young guy learning the trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The Bruins owe Rask:
    [QUOTE]If Rask would put up shutouts or one goal games as often as Thomas, he'd have many more wins. I am very happy with how things are right now.  The veteran leading the way and the young guy learning the trade.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    reasonably easy decisions for CJ right now.Play the hot goalie and it happens to be TT.I'm happy with wins regardless of who starts in goal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I think Rask will start in Toronto tomorrow nite. I would be nice for the whole team to play great in front of him and let Rask have a great game himself. I've said it before. We have the best 1-2 goalies in the league. Go B's Go !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

They will stay with the guy who is hot and winning.  Exact same situation as last year when Rask was playing better and winning.  Team scored more for him and he won more.

Only difference is that TT this year is playing better than Rask last year. 

Rask will get spot duty for now, just like TT got spot duty last season.  This will continue until Rask starts playing better than TT but that doesn't look likely this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just to throw more fuel on the fire, I'd love to see Rask get a shutout tomorrow to go with a few points from Seguin and watch the ACC riot. Heck, I wish we could call up Knight to get him his first NHL game while we're at it ; - )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]Just to throw more fuel on the fire, I'd love to see Rask get a shutout tomorrow to go with a few points from Seguin and watch the ACC riot. Heck, I wish we could call up Knight to get him his first NHL game while we're at it ; - )
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see these stats:

Rask: 0 GA, 22 Saves, 1 A

Seguin: 2 G, 3 A

Knight: 1 G, 1 A

Afterwards, watch the riots unfold.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You missed a stat

Kessel  0 goals 0 assists  -3

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

NAS why would you want only one goalie leading the way? I don't get that way of thinking. I think both goalie's have been asked to do too much. I'm asking this team to give an equal amount of goal support that they've given Thomas. Why when you have a goalie in the 91-93 percentile of SP & a goals against of 2.5; is that not an idicator that maybe you're giving up too many scoring chances? I can appreciate your way of thinking where the kid has a lot more to learn. I've been one of the biggest "I want to see more from Rask before he's given the keys as the bonafide #1" cheerleaders. However, I don't think the kid needs to be thrown to the wolves every night either. He's playing his heart out, just as much as TT is. The team as a whole isn't giving the kid the same goal support. Saying you like things as they are. Where one goalie gets over 3 goals scored for him & the other is getting 1.5 isn't right. Don't you want both goalies to do well? Don't you want Rask to have a 6-1-1 record instead of the other way around?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

they owe Rask?? The other guy is Mr. Vezina. Do you want the team to make the playoffs or make two goalies happy? Rask is a fine goalie, but I'm sure I wasn't the only one very happy to see Thomas get back-to-back day starts. Rask was terrible in his last effort, and he was a downer. You have to make the type of stops Thomas does to win games. They don't owe Rask anything at any time. When he starts, he has to perform. If he doesn't, it's a step back for B's. Win is what should be the No. 1 goal here, not satisfying the two goalies playing time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

You know, I agree with many different posts in this thread, but Im wondering, WHY does the team play worse in front of Rask?  Gotta wonder if its a confidence issue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]You know, I agree with many different posts in this thread, but Im wondering, WHY does the team play worse in front of Rask?  Gotta wonder if its a confidence issue.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    I think that the team has started games playing just as poorly in front of Thomas as they have in front of Rask.  Thomas has been spectacular in first periods when the team in front of him has been shaky.  Even though they have a good record when playing from behind, the team plays better with the lead, clogging up the neutral zone and pouncing on the other teams' mistakes. 

In many games, the team gets off to a slow start, and the goalie is relied upon to bail them out.  Especially noticable is the number of plays where the opponents make quick passes across the front of the slot, requiring the goalie to move very quickly side-to-side.  Thomas has been a little bit quicker in his side-to-side movement, probably because he doesn't go down in the butterfly like Rask does.

After Thomas makes a few superhuman saves, the team usually gets better in front of him for whatever reason.  Maybe it is confidence.  Maybe Thomas is talking to them and calming them down.  With Rask, a puck finds it's way in while the team is still getting their act together.  For whatever reason, they appear to get nervous and do not improve throughout the game like they do in front of Thomas.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Rask is still as good as he was last year, but as one comment stated, Timmy is playing better, in fact Timmy is playing better than his Vezina year at this point. However, Claude NEEDS to play Rask so that all of Rask's talent grows to where he will become the #1. That takes time and encouragement. Claude is not recognized for his confidence in young players, or any ability to move their talents forward. As a result, IMO Claude will play the hot hand until Timmy falters.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

They sure do and Tuukka will get that raise next fall more than likely. Can't sharpen your game if you don't get in games bottom line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

they owe Rask?? The other guy is Mr. Vezina. Do you want the team to make the playoffs or make two goalies happy?

This has nothing to do with making two goalies happy. I don't have any idea where that came from. It's about the team giving the same amount of goal support as the other. That isn't happening. I think TT certainly deserves to be getting the bulk of the work. Anybody who knows me on here knows I'm TT's biggest supporter. However, I'm a Bruin supporter FIRST. I want Rask to be at his best & I think for the most part he has been. I also would like the B's to be at their best as well. For the most part they haven't been.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

TT having a career year

Rask needs to be alert in the opening minutes when the troops are slow

TT  is earning his trophy

Rask needs to be patient

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Thomas again tonight apparently. Never a fan of Thomas' style but he has been great. But at some point they have to get Rask in & felt tonight was as good as any but I guess CJ has different plans.

Hopefully the organization doesn't forget where the future is & there responsibility for assisting him in his development.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I'm shocked at Tubby Tuna's comeback. I don't think it will last. Hope it does, but doubt it. We can't count on him. Once Rask loses the rust and learns to perform in the shootout, he'll be our boy.