The Bruins Window

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

The Bruins Window

The Bruins pitch for Iginla with the potential to lose him the following year is a telltale sign for me that the Bruins feel their chance is to win the Cup now with what is in place.   While the Bruins have added lesser talents in the past to complement the roster (probably with exception of Kaberle at THAT time), have they changed their mentality due to perhaps Chara's age,  the assembly of talent with their Top 6 Forwards at a reasonable price, and the soon to be changing landscape of the NHL with the new CBA/cap? 

It's obvious the B's felt the need for a Top scoring talent.  Do they now change their tune now that they showed the rest of the League what they were willing to go for and at what cost?  Do they operate now with a good understanding that the potential to face Pittsburgh is more likely than ever even despite the unpredictable nature of the playoffs?  Curious if people have the same questions or commentary on any of the above. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: The Bruins Window

I think the Iginla move was geared more towards PC trying to address the need for an improved PP, rather than to indicate that he's not happy with the players he has, although several are underperforming (see Crowl's thread).

One thing is for sure, if they go into the playoffs with Johnson, Krug, Bartkowski and a horrid Ference on the blueline they are in trouble.  If I were PC I would be looking for D help first and foremost.  There aren't any top 6 forwards available so we can forget about that...but the threads will continue untill Wednesday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I think the Iginla move was geared more towards PC trying to address the need for an improved PP, rather than to indicate that he's not happy with the players he has, although several are underperforming (see Crowl's thread).

One thing is for sure, if they go into the playoffs with Johnson, Krug, Bartkowski and a horrid Ference on the blueline they are in trouble.  If I were PC I would be looking for D help first and foremost.  There aren't any top 6 forwards available so we can forget about that...but the threads will continue untill Wednesday.

I'm with you on the D idea Hang. Clean up the front of the net and develop a transition game again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm with you on the D idea Hang. Clean up the front of the net and develop a transition game again.

[/QUOTE]

Kinda feels like trade deadline 2011 around here dez.  PC has some work to do again, but it seems like there are less choices due to the shortened season and not many teams being clearly out of it with less than a week to go.  He is in a tough spot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Lines 1 and 2 are as good as any in the league, if there playing to there potential, line 3 needs something of a boost here, not particular to offense but to shutting down opposing offensive lines. Line 4 is what it is and seem to have it back to where they belong. The D in all accounts are guilty of too much time in there zone and missing JB and AM doesnt help being out, however i feel a good dman added would take the strain off those attempts of charas to go offensive . I still thinkPC will pick up a couple of rentals one up one back that can help them in the playoffs.

I have to laugh at the comment of all in for pittsburg, its true for them now or never ( never meaning a few more years at a chance) because they have 10m in cap space next year with a roster of 16 signed. They have * included * prospects  13 ufa's and 10 rfa"s. 8 rfa"s being prospects that if even let go will get them nothing in return. In this short season where its really anyones game, Pittsburg will come out the loser imo.