The defence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

Re: The defence

A name that should be added to the list: Ron Hainsey. I'm not advocating for him, but he fits the criteria: left shot, 20-mins+/game, UFA and his team is out of the playoffs (at Olympic break, 3 pts out from the 2nd wildcard and 9 pts out of the first WC).

We all know the issues: durability, style of play and I am sure someone will bring up his past with the PA and JJ being the owner, but he fits into that group that people are ID'ing as targets and hasn't been discussed much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

MacDonald or Hainsey are not #2 defenseman.  To add, the desire to find someone like Seidenberg is going to be a matter of finding a German Tank, slow but will run right over you if in close.  So I tend to differently on aquisitions.  The rationale:  the Bs will ultimately have to face either Anaheim, LA, San Jose, or Chicago.  The Bs defense is either slow and big or small and fast.  The combination of both is latent in Bartkowski but the need is now, not in two years.  If the thread is on speculation then think like Yandle.  If Pheonix is close to being out of the playoffs then offer Spooner, Subban, and a 1st rounder.  If not Subban then Krug.  I am not convinced Krug will be able to get out of the "Hawgood effect" of small defenseman in the NHL.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Matt Bartowski makes Bobby Orr look like Ray Bourque.  I'm happy with him, and I don't want to trade him.

I think the Bruins do need another solid defensive defensman.  Right now they're an injury away from having Miller in the top 4.  I don't like that idea at all.

A package of pics and/or prospects for a pending UFA would be ideal.

[/QUOTE]

Don't know about the "Matt Bartkowski makes Bobby Orr look like Ray Bourque" comment but I do like the skating and stick handling skills Bartkowski brings to the ice. On the down side, however, is his habit of drifting too deep and allowing opposing wings to skate inside the face off circle and unleash close-in shots for goals. This has happened in the last 2 games (Blues and Senators). He's just got to learn to force a decision by the wing a little farther out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Alright, at the risk of eating crow - good points, trouts. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Alright, at the risk of eating crow - good points, trouts. 

[/QUOTE]

CROW CASSEROLE In skillet brown the crow breasts, then place ... another layer of sauerkraut and pour sauerkraut juice over it. Bake two hours in oven heated to 350 degrees.
    Ingredients: 4  (bacon .. breasts .. onion ...)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2014/02/08/peter-chiarelli-wants-a-defenseman-but-doesnt-think-there-is-a-dennis-seidenberg-on-the-trade-market/

The perceived need for the Bruins would be a top-4 defenseman, as the team will be without Dennis Seidenberg for the rest of the season. Chiarelli didn’t say whether he would want a lefty for the second pair or a righty to play in Seidenberg’s usual postseason spot alongside Zdeno Chara.

“I want a little more defending and if a guy can play both sides that would be great,” Chiarelli said. “We’€™re not going to replace Seids. I want the ability to defend; I want a little bit of heaviness.”

If the Bruins are unable to find somebody, Chiarelli said he would be comfortable with Matt Bartkowski remaining as his second left-side blueliner.

“Yeah, I would be,” Chiarelli said. “He’€™s learning, he’€™s learning better how to defend, he’€™s getting a little more minutes. He’€™s still making mistakes but the rest of them are too. I’€™ve been looking closely at his defending, he certainly can wheel the puck out well and turn the net well but he’€™s maturing as a defender. That’€™s what we’€™re looking for, better defenders.”

“I think it’€™s going to be a tough market,” Chiarelli said. “It is going to be tough to get players.”

[/QUOTE]

Sandog, sounds like he's looking for a guy like your boy Tallinder....  6'4", 215....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

Sandog, sounds like he's looking for a guy like your boy Tallinder....  6'4", 215....

[/QUOTE]

Let's hope if this rental situation happens PC doesn't give up the price that has been suggested.........a roster player in Bartkowski and a 1st.

Heck, they traded a 1st and two "down the chart" prospects ( MacDermid and Payne ) to get Jagr......less then what has been suggested for Tallinder .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Bartowski will become a Top 4 D. Keep him.

Best Rental Options that have a good chance of being available.

#1 NYI MacDonald.

#2 CB Nikita Nikitin

#3 BS Tallinder

#4 CH Hainsey

#5 WJ Stuart

We can rent anyone of these guys without trading our top 7 D. If we go for the biggest Available D NYR Girardi. We may have to give up a piece we don't like. Don't see the Giradi deal happening. We add Depth most likely but Macdonald would be an upgrade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's hope if this rental situation happens PC doesn't give up the price that has been suggested.........a roster player in Bartkowski and a 1st.

Heck, they traded a 1st and two "down the chart" prospects ( MacDermid and Payne ) to get Jagr......less then what has been suggested for Tallinder .

[/QUOTE]

i don't see PC dealing any roster d-man for a rental, and hope Joe Morrow isn't either....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:[QUOTE] “I think it’€™s going to be a tough market,” Chiarelli said. “It is going to be tough to get players.”  [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately for some, that think opinions are facts, forget players that were pending free agents were signed after Chiarelli traded for them. I also don't see Jagr and Tallinder to be equal in their role for the Bruins. That's just incredibly stupid.

Standing pat is another dumb thing to do. But some are ok with the Mottau's and Zanon's of the blueline acquisitions. They are fine to go into the playoffs with...apparently.

You pay to play and go deep in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:[QUOTE] “I think it’€™s going to be a tough market,” Chiarelli said. “It is going to be tough to get players.”  [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately for some, that think opinions are facts, forget players that were pending free agents were signed after Chiarelli traded for them. I also don't see Jagr and Tallinder to be equal in their role for the Bruins. That's just incredibly stupid.

Standing pat is another dumb thing to do. But some are ok with the Mottau's and Zanon's of the blueline acquisitions. They are fine to go into the playoffs with...apparently.

You pay to play and go deep in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

I think if we stand pat we wont be making a lomg run.  I think Tallinder will cost no more then a 3rd rounder.  I think hed be a very nice fit.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE] Sandog, sounds like he's looking for a guy like your boy Tallinder....  6'4", 215....[/QUOTE]

You pay to play and go deep in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

I think if we stand pat we wont be making a lomg run.  I think Tallinder will cost no more then a 3rd rounder.  I think hed be a very nice fit.   [/QUOTE]

We could argue all day on what it might cost but for a long run with a player like Tallinder. I would be willing to pay a premium cost.

I see terrible matchups for the Bruins in the 1st round if PC stands pat. Pay the price and get on with it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

i don't see PC dealing any roster d-man for a rental, and hope Joe Morrow isn't either....

[/QUOTE]

I don't either, but i don't see him standing pat.It will be interesting to see if PC goes for a player with an expiring contract or a player with a year or two remaining. There is no guarantee that Seidenberg will come back as the same player before his injury.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] i don't see PC dealing any roster d-man for a rental, and hope Joe Morrow isn't either....[/QUOTE]

I don't either, but i don't see him standing pat. It will be interesting to see if PC goes for a player with an expiring contract or a player with a year or two remaining. There is no guarantee that Seidenberg will come back as the same player before his injury. [/QUOTE]

Another great point in paying the price. PC has time before July 1st to convince Tallinder to stay after a nice long playoff run with the Bruins.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I used to like Volchenkov as a d-first guy when he played in Ottawa, but I haven't noticed him since and don't know if he is still any good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE] Sandog, sounds like he's looking for a guy like your boy Tallinder....  6'4", 215....[/QUOTE]

I think if we stand pat we wont be making a lomg run.  I think Tallinder will cost no more then a 3rd rounder.  I think hed be a very nice fit.   [/QUOTE]

We could argue all day on what it might cost but for a long run with a player like Tallinder. I would be willing to pay a premium cost.

I see terrible matchups for the Bruins in the 1st round if PC stands pat. Pay the price and get on with it.

[/QUOTE]

Im not allowed to play fantasy anymore bc NWO Hogan doesnt like it.  But id like Tallinder and Ott.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Someone like Tallinder would be available for a prospect or say a 3rd round pick. He would be depth only a bench warmer when needed. As far as signing him after next year why would we sign a 36year old for a couple of years and take the place of one our existing D.

All we need is depth or upgrade for this year only. Sieds will be back for next year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Dreaming LoL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE] Sandog, sounds like he's looking for a guy like your boy Tallinder....  6'4", 215....

Dreaming LoL

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, March 5 becomes like July 5 when some gms lose all sense of reason and overpay....

plus Tallinder's worth more than a late 3rd....  PC would need to up the ante....

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE] Sandog, sounds like he's looking for a guy like your boy Tallinder....  6'4", 215....

[/QUOTE]

Dreaming LoL

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, March 5 becomes like July 5 when some gms lose all sense of reason and overpay....

plus Tallinder's worth more than a late 3rd....  PC would need to up the ante....

[/QUOTE]

A third and Caron!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dreaming LoL

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get the supply demand thing and teams go a little crazy.  Is he worth a Bruins 1st?  No chance.  So a 2nd rounder?   I also think teams are more protective of their picks and dealing them for a 2 month rental isnt always the best practice.   I dont consider Tallinder among the top dmen available.  I do believe he is a great fit for the Bruins.  If the sabres net a first rounder i will be shocked.  If they net a 2nd i will be very surprised.  I think a 2nd is fine if hes resigned.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:[QUOTE] Sandog, sounds like he's looking for a guy like your boy Tallinder....  6'4", 215....[/QUOTE]

Dreaming LoL [/QUOTE]

plus Tallinder's worth more than a late 3rd....  PC would need to up the ante....[/QUOTE]

A third and Caron! [/QUOTE]

Done

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dreaming LoL

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get the supply demand thing and teams go a little crazy.  Is he worth a Bruins 1st?  No chance.  So a 2nd rounder?   I also think teams are more protective of their picks and dealing them for a 2 month rental isnt always the best practice.   I dont consider Tallinder among the top dmen available.  I do believe he is a great fit for the Bruins.  If the sabres net a first rounder i will be shocked.  If they net a 2nd i will be very surprised.  I think a 2nd is fine if hes resigned.   

[/QUOTE]

wouldn't be surprised if Tallinder nets Sabres a 2nd & prospect....  we'll soon see....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dreaming LoL

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

wouldn't be surprised if Tallinder nets Sabres a 2nd & prospect....  we'll soon see....

[/QUOTE]

San and I need to stop bringing his value up.  I believe our hype has raised it from a 4th to a 2nd.  Haha.  He'd be a perfect compliment to the back end.  I love guys that just do their job,make very few mistakes and you dont really talk about them.  Myers was a mess without Tallinder in year 2.