The Figurehead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: The Figurehead

Neely's the president, but for the most part he is a figurehead as most NHL presidents are, unless they are also the owner/GM.  I'm pretty sure PC makes the decisions and this team has followed his vision and progressed since he came over.  That said, I'm sure Neely states his views and PC has stated on many occasions that he listens to Cam.  These Bruins are managed by a team, with PC making the final call on operations.  Cam's important and so is Jim Benning and Don Sweeny and the scouting staff.  Someone mentioned Cam wanting to high-five while PC looked at his blackberry.  There's your winning combo right there.  Intense Cam and calm PC.  Calm people are generally the better decision makers, but it's good to have some fire in there too.  It's your ying and yang.  Or like Adam Oates and Cam Neely on the ice.  Only better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

No denying since the big sit-down earlier in the year Julien had with Neely and Chiarelli that Juliens system changed a bit. President. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In Response to Re: The Figurehead:
    [QUOTE]After Krejci scored the tying goal last night Neely was looking for someone to high five, and PC was looking at his Blackberry.  Say no more.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

That's happened before, he probably hits too damn hard!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Figurehead :   1) What makes you think Neely was a "smart business man"? Honest question. Do not know what business ventures he has been associated with. 2) Wasn't Neely involved with last year's team also? Why do you imply that the difference between this year and last can/should be attributed to #8?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

The Neely House.

Yes, he was VP last year.  This year he's the President.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Figurehead : The Neely House. Yes, he was VP last year.  This year he's the President.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

The Neely House (just looked it up) looks really cool.

I doubt, however, that the change from VP to President was anything more than a change in title.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Figurehead : The Neely House (just looked it up) looks really cool. I doubt, however, that the change from VP to President was anything more than a change in title.

Last year he was VP.  This year he is President.  The team is a bit different this year.  I believe his finger prints are all over it.  As VP last season, he didn't call out the coach.   As President this year, he did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Figurehead : The Neely House (just looked it up) looks really cool. I doubt, however, that the change from VP to President was anything more than a change in title.

I'm not sure you looked at the right "Neely House".  There is a place in TN that is also called that.  In Boston, at The Tufts Medical Center, The Neely House gives families a very affordable place to stay overnight while their sick children receive care.
    http://www.camneelyfoundation.org/TheNeelyHouse/HelpaFamilyStayFund

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Figurehead : The team is a bit different this year.  I believe his finger prints are all over it.  As VP last season, he didn't call out the coach.   As President this year, he did.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Not sure that Marchand, Seguin, Horton, or Campbell were Neely's doing. Marchand is the kind of player Neely would have beaten on, Seguin was an obvious no brainer that fell into our laps, and the Horton deal was desperately needed following last year's offense. Kelly and Peverly seem more like Claude and PC guys. Giving McQuaid more time? I could see him liking that move, but again feel it probably wasn't because of Neely that Quaider is in the lineup.

Also, there was no reason to call out CJ last year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Figurehead : Not sure that Marchand, Seguin, Horton, or Campbell were Neely's doing. Marchand is the kind of player Neely would have beaten on, Seguin was an obvious no brainer that fell into our laps, and the Horton deal was desperately needed following last year's offense. Kelly and Peverly seem more like Claude and PC guys. Giving McQuaid more time? I could see him liking that move, but again feel it probably wasn't because of Neely that Quaider is in the lineup. Also, there was no reason to call out CJ last year
    I think losing 10 straight is LOTS to call a coach out on!