The first 30 games: quotes following all 14 losses

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The first 30 games: quotes following all 14 losses

Here are some quotes following each loss of the season, with explanations from the coach, players or writers as to the primary reason they lost each. Not too difficult to see the trend.  
    On a side note, the B’s just played their 30th game (vs MTL):

Games 1-10: 7 wins

Games 11-20: 5 wins

Games 21-30: 4 wins 

Your thoughts? 

Oct. 9 vs. Phoenix Coyotes L 2 - 5
    Chara - "We were getting better and better and finally we played our game in the third period," he said. "We have to do better tomorrow. We have to play our style, try to force our game."

Horton - “Those first couple of periods we were a little soft,’’ said Horton. “We weren’t skating and we weren’t shooting, either. 

Oct. 23 vs. New York Rangers L 2 - 3
    Julien - “I didn’t think we had a real good start to the game. I just felt that we were a little slow out of the gate. Second to the puck. Because of that, we dug ourselves a hole. It’s unfortunate because we seemed to get a little better after that. But it’s never easy to dig yourself out of a hole in this league. 

Nov. 5 at Washington Capitals L 3 - 5
    Rask - “I thought we played a really solid 20-minute game. Unfortunately, one 20-minute period is not good enough.” 

Nov. 6 vs. St. Louis Blues L 1 - 2 SO
    Julien - "Our guys were hitting a lot of posts, and it ended up going in the wrong direction," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. "I thought our guys were a little snakebit: two reviews.

KPD – “A suspenseful game, for sure. But it took the Bruins well into the second period to start generating good offensive chances.” 

Nov. 11 vs. Montreal Canadiens L 1 - 3
    Julien - "We ran out of legs, and progressively our game got worse and made every part of our game look bad. We looked more and more tired. I’m going to stand here and say our guys really wanted it bad enough. But when you don’t have your legs, the rest of your game falls apart as well. You can try and push your players all you want, but if they don’t have the legs, they don’t have the legs.’’

Nov. 13 vs. Ottawa Senators L 0 - 2
    Chara - “We’ve got to come out and establish the game plan that we prepare for. Especially on home ice. Right now, we’re kind of struggling with that, to get that jump and that pressure we create sometimes on the road on quite a consistent basis. For some reason, for whatever reason that is, we’re coming out flat. It takes us another 40 minutes to get going.’’

Julien - “It was a frustrating game to watch,’’ said coach Claude Julien. “It was probably an even more frustrating game for them to play. We definitely were not in synch tonight. We’ve lost our transition game.” 

Nov. 20 vs. Los Angeles Kings L 3 - 4 SO
    Julien - “It’s unfortunate we weren’t able to come up with a win. But it really took a lot out of us killing those penalties in the second period. It made it hard for us, especially with a short bench and a depleted lineup, to stay there for the whole 60 minutes.’’

Thomas - As distasteful as it is to allow a three-goal lead at home, then drop a 4-3 decision in the shootout, the Bruins found solace in earning one point when none seemed like a certainty. “We got ourselves into a little bit of a hole,” said Thomas. 

Nov. 22 at Tampa Bay Lightning L 1 - 3
    Julien - “It seemed to take a little while for us to figure it out. We weren’t making some very good decisions, turning pucks over, not getting pucks in deep. The biggest thing is we have to start playing with more desperation right off the get-go. We’ve done that a few times this year where we take 40 minutes to get ourselves going. We’ve been fortunate enough to get ourselves back in the game in the past. But eventually it catches up to you. It did tonight.’’ 

Chara - “We need to play 60 minutes,’’ said defenseman Zdeno Chara. “For the first 40 minutes, Tampa was dominating the game. They deserved to win. We were just too slow to get to the puck. We were losing battles. It’s too late when you get going in the last 20. That’s not good enough. 

Nov. 26 vs. Carolina Hurricanes L 0 - 3
    Julien - I don’t think we were down because we were down, 1-0,’’ coach Claude Julien said of his team’s emotion. “I think we realized we had a pretty good period, and that if we played that way through 60, we’d still have a chance to win. There was a lot of time with 40 minutes left. Unfortunately, that’s not what happened. Our execution got very poor over the course of the game. Our special teams really were unacceptable. That’s basically the story of the game.’’ 

Nov. 28 at Atlanta Thrashers L 1 - 4
    Julien – “We put ourselves out of the game with four turnovers in the first period." 

Dec. 4 at Toronto Maple Leafs L 2 - 3 SO
    Julien - “We got what we deserved tonight,’’ said a mildly disgruntled Claude Julien, not pleased to see his club lapse into the slow start. “We were lucky to get a point.’’

Dec. 11 vs. Philadelphia Flyers L 1 - 2 OT
    Julien - “We still feel like those two points we let go, we had an opportunity to get them and turn it into a positive.’’ 

Dec. 15 at Buffalo Sabres L 2 - 3
    KPD - The Bruins didn’t play well last night, and they especially didn’t play well when they were ahead on the scoreboard. Their lead in the first period lasted all of 72 seconds. Their lead in the final period stood up for only 32 seconds. They were good enough to get ahead, bad enough to give it away, and ultimately unfocused and undisciplined enough to leave here 3-2 losers to the Sabres before a crowd of 18,197 at HSBC Arena. 

Rask - “Nothing worse than that,’’ said Rask, referring to the quick givebacks. “You get the lead there and twice the same stuff happens. We have to be better than that.’’ 

Dec. 16 at Montreal Canadiens L 3 - 4
    Julien - “We've got to go back and try to find a way to get our game right from the get-go. It seems like it either takes us a while, or we have to have our backs against the wall, before we start putting out the kind of game we want to play. Somehow we have to find a way to create that; it’s about composure, and making good plays, and putting some emotion in that, and that’ll get us better starts.’’

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: The first 30 games: quotes following all 14 losses

Every loss has a familiar ring to it.Hmmmmm....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

my thoughts, is by this point in the season, the bruins should be able to put a full game together, you can play well and be beaten, and that would be ok.. But the bruins arent doing that.. They are losing games..

I heard a statement the other day about the "celtics know how to win then the game is on the line, the bruins don't" 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: The first 30 games: quotes following all 14 losses:
    [QUOTE]my thoughts, is by this point in the season, the bruins should be able to put a full game together, you can play well and be beaten, and that would be ok.. But the bruins arent doing that.. They are losing games.. I heard a statement the other day about the "celtics know how to win then the game is on the line, the bruins don't" 
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

I have to agree that certain teams , when the game is on the line, have what it takes to pull it out. I would have to say in however long as i can remember that when the B's are looking a big game in the eye they crap the bed. Except for the 4 game sweep of the Habs in their anniversary season, the B's have always failed to deliver in the big games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

The Bruins have not played a full 60 minute game since the first game against Washington.  The comments are correct and the trend is obvious which begs the question as to why nothing is being done to correct it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

They don't know how to do anything but be robots to CJ's non emotional system! Slow starts is the trend & it's getting old & tough to watch!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Doesn't it bother everyone else how much head scratching is going on? We keep hearing what happened (we didn't play a full 60 minutes), but never why.