The Jarome Iginla You Don't Know.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: The Jarome Iginla You Don't Know.

In response to Chef09's comment:

I have nothing and i mean nothing that shows me he is slowing down. 

Maybe some people need to be reminded how old Recchi was when he won his last cup.- Some guys can do it a lot longer these days.

Yeah, and if you give anyone the benefit of doubt it's Iginla. He's always been known to train hard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Chef09's comment:

I have nothing and i mean nothing that shows me he is slowing down. 

Maybe some people need to be reminded how old Recchi was when he won his last cup.- Some guys can do it a lot longer these days.

Yeah, and if you give anyone the benefit of doubt it's Iginla. He's always been known to train hard.

dez, I, like you would not be surprised if him joining a contending team pays immediate dividends.  He's hustling his a-- off right now for a weak club.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

If the BRUINS get Iginla...its not a homerun...its a grand chelem

I keep dreaming of having Iginla in the Bruins uniform....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

would like to see Jerome Iginla wearing #12 for the B's, but not for Malcolm Subban... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Steve Bartkowski, Craig Cunningham and a 3rd Round pick for Iginla would do it for me.

If push comes to shove, I'll change the 3rd to a 2nd. But the Flames will have to give a 3rd back.

Now that's a offer Jay can't refuse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

would like to see Jerome Iginla wearing #12 for the B's, but not for Malcolm Subban... 

A late first round goaltending prospect that won't make an impact for years or a real shot at another Cup?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Steve Bartkowski, Craig Cunningham and a 3rd Round pick for Iginla would do it for me.

If push comes to shove, I'll change the 3rd to a 2nd. But the Flames will have to give a 3rd back.

Now that's a offer Jay can't refuse.

Isn't that the fan from the Cubs game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm convinced it's going to happen, actually.  I'm convinced because I don't think the market will be what Feaster wants it to be.  I think the only team the Bruins will have to out-bid is the Penguins, and the Penguins won't go to the wall.  I think there are real concerns from other teams that Iginla has hit the wall, and I'm not sure I disagree. 

I followed dez with the Recchi example, though.  He was done - like "DONE done" - in Tampa Bay, and Julien found a way to use him well and get the most out of him.  Can they do the same with Iginla?  I hope so, because, short of a Khokhlachev, Bartkowski and a 1st deal, I'm leery of this deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

A late first round goaltending prospect that won't make an impact for years or a real shot at another Cup?

Why can't the Bruins do both ? Keep Subban and have a real shot at the cup.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Sorry, NAS, but I with him.

A goaltending prospect on the rise shoulld fetch a lot more than just Jarome Iginla or you'd be a fool to let him go.

A great way to lose your job, too. "Oh, yeah, he's the birdbrain that traded Subban." "Wow, you mean the Bruins had him?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Tis not my assertion, JM. It is that of a professional PBP man who has seen him live for many, many years.

Fair enough....cheers.

So have millions of others. Jim Hughston is a PBP guy, he's not a coach or a GM & he knows nothing more of the game than any of us. He announces game. How many PBP guy's have left that position & gone on to coach, or manage ANYWHERE! Just because they announce doesn't mean they know the game. There's 29 GM's in the league that would love to have a JI on their roster. The ONLY reason the other one is looking to move him is because the team is going no where & he can help bolster a team that needs a good shot in the arm with some youth and a younger roster. Trading JI can help bring those. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Tis not my assertion, JM. It is that of a professional PBP man who has seen him live for many, many years.

Fair enough....cheers.

So have millions of others. Jim Hughston is a PBP guy, he's not a coach or a GM & he knows nothing more of the game than any of us. He announces game. How many PBP guy's have left that position & gone on to coach, or manage ANYWHERE! Just because they announce doesn't mean they know the game. There's 29 GM's in the league that would love to have a JI on their roster. The ONLY reason the other one is looking to move him is because the team is going no where & he can help bolster a team that needs a good shot in the arm with some youth and a younger roster. Trading JI can help bring those. 

Yeah, you're right NOB. He announces the game.

He also has Craig Simpson beside him. They talk. They talk to others. They talk to other players, managers, coaches etc.

They get to know what is really going on. Not like you and me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Sorry, NAS, but I with him.

A goaltending prospect on the rise shoulld fetch a lot more than just Jarome Iginla or you'd be a fool to let him go.

A great way to lose your job, too. "Oh, yeah, he's the birdbrain that traded Subban." "Wow, you mean the Bruins had him?"

Why?   Its a goaltending prospect.  Know how many of those are kicking around.  If rask signs for 5 yrs then what.  no other position is there a higher failure rate.  There are only 30 starting jobs.  for a chance at lord stanley im dealing him without a blink of an eye.  Whens the last time a bruin goalie prospect made a huge impact with this team.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Fair enough....cheers.

Yeah, you're right NOB. He announces the game.

He also has Craig Simpson beside him. They talk. They talk to others. They talk to other players, managers, coaches etc.

They get to know what is really going on. Not like you and me.

Their eyes may be better then mine.  But thats it.  I know what i see.  The media is softening this up for when he leaves. This is the freaking media.  Glen Healey thinks marchand is a joke and burrows is better, he has pj stock and the other goof beside him who talk.  They must know more then we do.  They can see what they want.  I see an easy 1st time ballot hof player who has scored 30plus goals in how many yrs running?   And hes done it on a terrible team for yrs with no center    He is also known for his high level of fitness.  He may not be the same 50 goal iggy.  But i take him everyday over any fwd not named marchand or bergie.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

On Hockey Central today, Doug Maclean mentioned that Chiarelli is having trouble making any deals, because everyone wants Ryan Spooner, and Chiarelli is refusing to include him.

He said that Dallas did not ask Morrow to waive his NTC, to go to Boston, because Chiarelli would not trade Spooner. I have no problem with Chiarelli, refusing to give up the future, for a rental. Sometimes, the deal you don't make, is the best thing you can do.

I read that PC offered KoKo but Nieuuwendyk wanted a defenseman and Dallas got a real good one. If Chiarelli wants to keep Spooner than the Bruins might just get a Cammalerri type instead of Iginla.

I'm hoping the reason that the delay is becuase the Bruins are asking for Boumeester and I've read the Bs already have asked. It would be nice to just kill two birds with one stone so to speak, to be done with it and get on with it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

For me, highly touted goaltending prospects like Malcolm Subban are a different story. Just as highly touted goaltending prospect Tuukka Rask was (the Leafs traded him and look where it got them). Greater care needs to be shown on this one.

I think it could be moot anyway, I don't think Subban will be required to make this deal happen. I think, like 'bookboy' that the market won't be what Feaster wants or thinks. The Bruins have some leverage here. Pittsburgh is ostensibly out of the running (though some assert they could still make a play for Iginla) and I don't believe the Flames - out of respect for their fans - want to see Iginla back with another Western Conference team this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

For me, highly touted goaltending prospects like Malcolm Subban are a different story. Just as highly touted goaltending prospect Tuukka Rask was (the Leafs traded him and look where it got them). Greater care needs to be shown on this one.

I think it could be moot anyway, I don't think Subban will be required to make this deal happen. I think, like 'bookboy' that the market won't be what Feaster wants or thinks. The Bruins have some leverage here. Pittsburgh is ostensibly out of the running (though some assert they could still make a play for Iginla) and I don't believe the Flames - out of respect for their fans - want to see Iginla back with another Western Conference team this year.

Be careful. As the clock ticks and the bruins continue to smell up the ice the bruins are the ones in a pickle.  They know they need a major upgrade to compete with a pitt team that is much better then the team we lost to.  Feaster is gonna get them to give their best offers.  La, chi and boston. The team that stands out with the best player is la and Bernier.  We dont have that.  And people say pitt is out.  I dont think so.  I think it will be between pitt and boston.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

So was Andrew Raycroft & Hannu Toivinen. They gave us what? One great season & fell apart in the Play-offs, the other had a decent season, got injured & then got an alergy to the puck. Justin Pogge, Al Montoya, Brian Finley, Steve Mason...I coud go on & on on this. If anything is shown lately is that a lot of goalie's show promise, but take forever to finally learn how to play consistently in the NHL. Craig Anderson comes to mind to me & YES the B's had him in their grasp for about 11 days.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"The team that stands out with the best player is la and Bernier.  We dont have that.  And people say pitt is out.  I dont think so.  I think it will be between pitt and boston." 

I'm sorry; for clarification, are you saying it's going to be LA with Bernier? Or are you saying it is between Pittsburgh and Boston?

I think it is between Pittsburgh and Boston. I think Feaster wants Iginla in the East. Unless Pittsburgh moves some salary out, they can't land Iginla. I think this all works in Chiarelli's favour. I don't think Subban will (or should) be required.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Be careful. As the clock ticks and the bruins continue to smell up the ice the bruins are the ones in a pickle.  They know they need a major upgrade to compete with a pitt team that is much better then the team we lost to.  Feaster is gonna get them to give their best offers.  La, chi and boston. The team that stands out with the best player is la and Bernier.  We dont have that.  And people say pitt is out.  I dont think so.  I think it will be between pitt and boston.  

Yea I don't know if you know who Grant Pollard is, but I didn't until last nite when a buddy of mine send he tweeted that Iginla was in Boston last night. He's supposedly the sports guy for Global New in Calgary! I told my buddy that if Grant Pollard is tweeting that before Bob Mac, Darren Dreger, or Pierre LeBrun & it's true. I'd pay him a $100.00. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Gord 11 is right.

The only team with cap space for Iginla is Boston.

As a matter of fact, Bruins can add two big contracts.

Jay Fester has nowhere to go if he wants to deal Iginla. It won't take much, close to nothing, to get him. Hold your cards PC - the bluff is on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

If nothing else, Jarome will have 2 very good Centers to work with, something he hasn't had, maybe ever. He won't be the ONLY guy in town that can score, so it looks like an ideal situation for him . I can see him florishing this year, and doing pretty good for another year or 2. 

If the trade does happen and they win the Cup, there will be some who will complain about the Trade in 3 years when he really starts slowing down, and one of the trade pieces going the other way is becoming a star.  Fickle Fans! 

I hope it happens. My Team Canada Jersey has #12 - Iginla on it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I'm hoping the reason that the delay is becuase the Bruins are asking for Boumeester and I've read the Bs already have asked. It would be nice to just kill two birds with one stone so to speak, to be done with it and get on with it.

The Boumeester idea is an interesting one. Just imagine him playing for an actually good team, hard to fathom, I know. One thing, though, is that he is still on the hook for another year for Lucic-type money. May be hard to fit this in....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't think LA wants Iginla enough to offer Bernier, so I don't think you have to top that bid.  I think LA is happier to have two top notch netminders for the playoffs.  Last year's superstar Quick has a 2.54 GAA and a sub .900 S%.  He's under .500 if you count the OT losses as losses - 11-12.  It's Bernier who has the sub 2.00 GAA and .926 s% this year with a 7-2 record.  If they do still think Bernier is expendable, they'll look for something more than a rental; I would say they'd only make a Bernier deal if they could negotiate with Iginla in advance.

On the other hand, I think the whole "Calgary won't deal him in the West" thing is overblown.  Iginla is a UFA come July.  Calgary has no control over where he'll be playing next year, and this year is a wash.  They should be taking the best players and picks they can get from whoever wants to give them.  The only exception I can think of is that they might prefer whichever eastern team makes the best offer sign Iginla to an extension so they can be sure he doesn't bite them for the next couple of years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

"The team that stands out with the best player is la and Bernier.  We dont have that.  And people say pitt is out.  I dont think so.  I think it will be between pitt and boston." 

I'm sorry; for clarification, are you saying it's going to be LA with Bernier? Or are you saying it is between Pittsburgh and Boston?

I think it is between Pittsburgh and Boston. I think Feaster wants Iginla in the East. Unless Pittsburgh moves some salary out, they can't land Iginla. I think this all works in Chiarelli's favour. I don't think Subban will (or should) be required.

Im saying la has the best player to offer.  Bernier.  

I think its between pitt and boston.  I think boston gets him. If it doesnt include subban i will be surprised.  Hes a goalie prospect.  Again, tell me the last time one of ours did anything for us.  He is also c ock blocked for the next 5 yrs when rask signs.  I want the cup.  Bye bye subban if need be