The Jarome Iginla You Don't Know.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: The Jarome Iginla You Don't Know.

In response to gord11's comment:

"I agree, and would be totally on board if Rask wasn't young and great."

But see, this is it, Rask was once projected to be what he is. Leafs didn't see it, but the Bruins did. Subban is garnering the same projections. Even if they are half-true, the Bruins have to hold onto this kid for themselves or for a bigger and more long-lasting return than a trade deadline rental (even tempting transients like Jerome Iginla)

I think Chowda's arguments for waiting-and-seeing with Subban are on the money.

The goal is to win the Cup. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

"I agree, and would be totally on board if Rask wasn't young and great."

But see, this is it, Rask was once projected to be what he is. Leafs didn't see it, but the Bruins did. Subban is garnering the same projections. Even if they are half-true, the Bruins have to hold onto this kid for themselves or for a bigger and more long-lasting return than a trade deadline rental (even tempting transients like Jerome Iginla)

I think Chowda's arguments for waiting-and-seeing with Subban are on the money.

Disagree. They just thought Raycroft would be an immediate answer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"The goal is to win the Cup."

....5 years in a row

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

"The goal is to win the Cup."

....5 years in a row

No reason they cant with rask.   plus their core outside chara is young.  subban wont have chara.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Disagree. They just thought Raycroft would be an immediate answer."

They thought Raycroft would re-find his game. I don't know what they didn't see in Rask. The same things we haven't seen in Subban yet, I guess

I do know the Leafs didn't see Rask before they dealt him 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"No reason they cant with rask.   plus their core outside chara is young.  subban wont have chara."

No, but he might have his brother PK. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

"No reason they cant with rask.   plus their core outside chara is young.  subban wont have chara."

Might but doubtful.  How many goalies.  Starters have boston produced in the last 20 yrs.  our home grown record is not great.  Subban may never play a game in the nhl.  I would much rather a cup run.  goalies are the biggest cr ap shoot going.  Good one, gone the next.  Give me the 500 goal scorer and a chance at the cup.  Bsckup goalies are not difficult to find and there is a draft every year.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The goal is to win the Cup. 

Amen....otherwise we will have to content ourselves with college signings and occasional Yetiberg sightings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

If Bruins get Iginla it could be as simple as 1 for 1 plus an exchange of draft picks.

Oherwise, I see as many as 7 players changing teams and as many as 3 draft picks going both ways. It may even be a blockbuster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

If Bruins get Iginla it could be as simple as 1 for 1 plus an exchange of draft picks.

Oherwise, I see as many as 7 players changing teams and as many as 3 draft picks going both ways. It may even be a blockbuster.

I have no problem with a blockbuster.  Iginla and jbo would be a blockbuster.   Throw in jackman for the 4th line.  Give them code mcclowny. 

I think peverly boychuk st  a 1st 2nd and subban for iggy jbo and jackman would be awesome.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PS. Unless its lucic for iggy i dont know he we can offer up 1 for 1.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

"Disagree. They just thought Raycroft would be an immediate answer."

They thought Raycroft would re-find his game. I don't know what they didn't see in Rask. The same things we haven't seen in Subban yet, I guess

I do know the Leafs didn't see Rask before they dealt him 

They saw him play at the 05' WJC where he played unbelievabe for a very weak Finnish team. I remember hoping the B's would snag him, because he really was amazing that year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I have no problem with a blockbuster.  Iginla and jbo would be a blockbuster.   Throw in jackman for the 4th line.  Give them code mcclowny. 

I think peverly boychuk st  a 1st 2nd and subban for iggy jbo and jackman would be awesome.  

They mentioned Giordano last nite too Shupe. I honestly like him better than JBo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

My point is Chowda, is that you can put the arguement both ways. I don't want PC to trade a Spooner, Subban & a Camera for Jarome, but if it needs to be one to help this team win now, so be it! I'm not saying to sell the future for the present. I'm saying to add a piece now & keep some pieces for later. Everything is a gamble no matter which way you go. However, right now in the present starring you right in the face is a team in your conference who's adding pieces with an 11 game winning streak, and nobody from the current roster that won 11 games in row is gone. It's not Feaster's hand that needs to be played here. He already knows his season is finished. He all ready knows he's losing his Captain now, or in July 1. It's PC play if he wants to stay in this poker game. He needs to gamble! And he may have to even take a bluff to stay in this game.

Here's my point nite : 

1) From my point of view goaltending is the most important position on the team. They have strength in numbers currently there. But it has dwindled ( Thomas and maybe Khudobin also ). Subban is the best prospect at that position. In my opinion he has more of an impact on the outcome of games then any of the other prospects ( Koko, Knight, Spooner, Camara etc.) will ever have on a regular basis because of the position he plays.

2) He's a stud prospect. Barring injury he will play at the NHL level. When and at what level has yet to be determined. ( just watched him live on Sunday and loved what I saw ).

3) Trade a prospect forward. This is more of a dime a dozen position then goaltending is. 

[/QUOTE]

Very valid points Chowda, but the thing that I keep hearing is how Spooner is the one everyone wants, not Subban. So why is PC stalling on this if THAT is in fact the case. IMO in the limited role that CJ has allowed Spooner to play. I see some skill, but nothing that would make me balk at giving him up for an Iginla. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

They mentioned Giordano last nite too Shupe. I honestly like him better than JBo.

I like him better as well. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Might but doubtful.  How many goalies.  Starters have boston produced in the last 20 yrs.  our home grown record is not great.  Subban may never play a game in the nhl.  I would much rather a cup run.  goalies are the biggest cr ap shoot going.  Good one, gone the next.  Give me the 500 goal scorer and a chance at the cup.  Bsckup goalies are not difficult to find and there is a draft every year.  

The Bruins also let Dryden and Parent get away for a mere pittance considering the careers they went on to. The fact they were both Bruin killers also didn't ease the pain.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

PS. Unless its lucic for iggy i dont know he we can offer up 1 for 1.  

I have trouble knowing if you're serious sometimes. Calgary would have Iginla and J Bo on the next flight if Lucic was the lone piece coming back. There's no way PC would even consider it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

shupe, it's a negotiation.  You balk at including Spooner in the hope of including Caron, or Knight, or Sauve if you think Spooner is the best of that group.  Because Calgary might not hold many cards here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nite and Shupe, if Giordano would be included in a trade with Iginla and Subban + + + are not included Chiarelli would be crowned GM of GM's,  genious.  And that's not only a 3 pointer from the baseline to tie campPens but add a steal with a layup for the win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

The Bruins also let Dryden and Parent get away for a mere pittance considering the careers they went on to. The fact they were both Bruin killers also didn't ease the pain.

Don't forget about Ranford. I know we got Moog, but the iriony of 3 goalies coming back to haunt an ex-team is astounding to me &I'm surprised it doesn't get mentioned much. Never heard of such a thing in any sport. Now just imagine Dez if next season TT plays for the Islanders & they face the B's in the first round? How much of a story would it be then? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

PC acquiring Iginla without giving up a roster player would be awesome.  I wouldn't care who the prospect was.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

PC acquiring Iginla without giving up a roster player would be awesome.  I wouldn't care who the prospect was.

I agree with you Fluto. No untouchable prospect.