The lockout - a post mortem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The lockout - a post mortem

I'll admit I hated the powers that be for taking 3 months of the season away, and vowed not to spend any cash on anything NHL/Bruins this year, Still haven't (even though I had a set of comps in the Bank of America box, it was still a freebie).

But credit where it's due (looking at our most polarizing poster here) who did nail it.

Owners got theirs

Players still get theirs, and Fehr went back into his cave.

Fans are back in droves as if it never happened.

Game being played is still the best game on the planet.

No threat of a work stoppage for the next 8-10 years.

I've come to see it was more a case of cracking some eggs to make an omlette as opposed to "their (owners and union) greed has ruined my hockey experience for all time". 

Wasn't happy it came to the extended lockout, and was downright pissy about it, but ultimately, I guess we're no worse for the wear.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: The lockout - a post mortem

Actually because there are so many games condensed and I'm enjoying it so much, I seriously forgot about the lockout. It's so far gone from my memory now, no bitterness.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: The lockout - a post mortem

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Actually because there are so many games condensed and I'm enjoying it so much, I seriously forgot about the lockout. It's so far gone from my memory now, no bitterness.

Exactly, originally I thought this wouldnt feel like a real season..Man was i wrong.