The Lucic Issue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Re: The Lucic Issue

Lucic is playing well below expectations, that's clear to even the blind.

And for his role and salary, he can't continue to play at that level.

I like Lucic and want to see him do better but if he's going to continue at this pace, moving him off the top line has to be an option.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Alright clown, answer me this. Who assisted on Nathan Hortons game 7 OT goal in rd 1??? BUT WAIT!!! NO HE WASN'T A PPG PLAYER IN THE PLAYOFFS. Luckily he didn't need to be. The opposition zeroed in on the KHL line and did *almost a great job at shutting them down. 
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

So he makes a play or two in the entire playoff run and that makes up for sucking most of it.  You can't be that stupid can you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : So he makes a play or two in the entire playoff run and that makes up for sucking most of it.  You can't be that stupid can you?
    Posted by bobforte2002[/QUOTE]
    Ahhh but without that assist where would the team be? There is no saying. Go grab your binky and your favorite blanket and go back to bed. You're not in anyway intelligent. I can tell that by you constantly attacking other posters. You will now be ignored and would advise all other posters to follow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Kaberle tied for most points by a Bruins D in playoffs. Come back when you know what your talking about.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Quote from Today's Boston Globe:

Lucic has zero goals and one assist. The left wing has been instructed to reclaim his hard-hat style instead of fancying himself a skilled forward.

So apparently someone in Bruins Management has and I quote, "Instructed" him to stop fancying himself a skilled forward and go back to his hard hat style.

That's been my point all along.  But hey we won the cup so Lucic is awesome and apprarenlty Bruins managment agreed with your oh so expert opinion on Kaberle that they stopped the bleeding and didn't resign him.  And apparently someone from Bruins's management has recognized that Lucic has gotten away from the type of game that made him great because again according to the Globe Bruins Management and or Coaching and I repead again has "INSTRUCTED" him to stop trying to be a finense player and start hitting someone again.

Wait here's the rebuttal. Kaberle is awesome and so's Lucic. We won the cup. We won the cup.  Blah, Blah Blah.  How did you graduate from New England Trucking.  You clearly can't even think well enough to drive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Ahhh but without that assist where would the team be? There is no saying. Go grab your binky and your favorite blanket and go back to bed. You're not in anyway intelligent. I can tell that by you constantly attacking other posters. You will now be ignored and would advise all other posters to follow.

Oh no you'll ignore me. What shall I ever do?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Quote from Today's Boston Globe: Lucic has zero goals and one assist. The left wing has been instructed to reclaim his hard-hat style instead of fancying himself a skilled forward. “Sometimes I’m focusing too much on finding my linemates and I’m stopping my feet instead of going with the puck forward,’’ Lucic said. “I just need to get back to chipping and going and being hard to play against. I guess being that train up and down the wall that I know I can be. That’s something I’ve got to get back to. I know I’m helping my team the most when I’m doing that.’’ So apparently someone in Bruins Management has and I quote, "Instructed" him to stop fancying himself a skilled forward and go back to his hard hat style. That's been my point all along.  But hey we won the cup so Lucic is awesome and apprarenlty Bruins managment agreed with your oh so expert opinion on Kaberle that they stopped the bleeding and didn't resign him.  And apparently someone from Bruins's management has recognized that Lucic has gotten away from the type of game that made him great because again according to the Globe Bruins Management and or Coaching and I repead again has "INSTRUCTED" him to stop trying to be a finense player and start hitting someone again. Wait here's the rebuttal. Kaberle is awesome and so's Lucic. We won the cup. We won the cup.  Blah, Blah Blah.  How did you graduate from New England Trucking.  You clearly can't even think well enough to drive.
    Wow, lot's of down time between johns today? Like I keep saying, show up with facts instead of misguided teenage angst and maybe you'll be taken seriously. You claim Lucic to be overpaid, you were proven wrong. You said Lucic did nothing over the final 25 games, you were proven wrong. Just keep talking. May as well be comical if it isn't factual.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Quote from Today's Boston Globe: Lucic has zero goals and one assist. The left wing has been instructed to reclaim his hard-hat style instead of fancying himself a skilled forward. “Sometimes I’m focusing too much on finding my linemates and I’m stopping my feet instead of going with the puck forward,’’ Lucic said. “I just need to get back to chipping and going and being hard to play against. I guess being that train up and down the wall that I know I can be. That’s something I’ve got to get back to. I know I’m helping my team the most when I’m doing that.’’ So apparently someone in Bruins Management has and I quote, "Instructed" him to stop fancying himself a skilled forward and go back to his hard hat style. That's been my point all along.  But hey we won the cup so Lucic is awesome and apprarenlty Bruins managment agreed with your oh so expert opinion on Kaberle that they stopped the bleeding and didn't resign him.  And apparently someone from Bruins's management has recognized that Lucic has gotten away from the type of game that made him great because again according to the Globe Bruins Management and or Coaching and I repead again has "INSTRUCTED" him to stop trying to be a finense player and start hitting someone again. Wait here's the rebuttal. Kaberle is awesome and so's Lucic. We won the cup. We won the cup.  Blah, Blah Blah.  How did you graduate from New England Trucking.  You clearly can't even think well enough to drive.
    Well since Fluto said it, it must be true. Seriously.........your gonna quote Fluto and try to pass it off as fact. Funny stuff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Well since Fluto said it, it must be true. Seriously.........your gonna quote Fluto and try to pass it off as fact. Funny stuff.
    Dez, Lucic is a pure sniper. If he isn't scoring goals he sucks. Don't you get it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Dez, Lucic is a pure sniper. If he isn't scoring goals he sucks. Don't you get it?
    Sorry Callo but I'm an idiot.........remember? I'm not even smart enough to see how bad Lucic is. How do I even manage to dress myself?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Dez, Lucic is a pure sniper. If he isn't scoring goals he sucks. Don't you get it?
    duh stupid...don't you know you can't get your point across without calling somebody dummy....dummy....duh stupid what are you mentally re....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : duh stupid...don't you know you can't get your point across without calling somebody dummy....dummy....duh stupid what are you mentally re....
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Shut up idiot!!! You're so stupid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Shut up idiot!!! You're so stupid.
    now i see your point!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1972. Show Bruin1972's posts

Chappy,
    it sounds like you are satisfied with the team's performance.
    I am happy for you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

bobforte2002, You are speaking in absolutes, then resort to name calling.  Try a bit of reading before shooting off the "bar room" proclamations.  Not an interesting way to debate an issue.  I imagine you look in the mirror at yourself and speak in superlatives of what you see! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Lucic is slow, and has stone hands.  How he scored 30 last year I dont know..its more of an abberation than what is to be expected.  he is a 20 goal scorer, and honestly should be on a 3rd line or even a checking line.  I swear watching Seguin skate with him, its like Seguin is pulling a trailer behind him. Sad thing is, Lucic doesnt even drop the gloves anymore...I would accept it if he brought it every night, but the guy just fades into the background most nights now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bob, I understand your frustration, I'm frustrated as well with Milan's play and I don't care how many posts you have to be acknowledged. I just did some comparables for returns on money earned that is all.

You are right Lucic needs to pick it up but he is not overpaid. Don't get discouraged because posters are disagreeing with it's all good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]Bob, I understand your frustration, I'm frustrated as well with Milan's play and I don't care how many posts you have to be acknowledged. I just did some comparables for returns on money earned that is all. You are right Lucic needs to pick it up but he is not overpaid. Don't get discouraged because posters are disagreeing with it's all good.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

On all points agreed. That was my point in the first place.  Why is so wrong to point that Lucic has been under performing and doesn't necessarily have the skill sets to be a consistent #1 line and PP winger?  

In 10 years it's much more likely when we look at Lucic's total number of 30 goal season's we will see 1 (last year).  He's a good, not great player.  He has been great at being physical, intimdating and striking fear into opponents.  The key word there is "has been".

A demotion to the 2nd or 3rd line and removal off the PP is all I suggested.  Especially with the PP struggling for over a year now.  They have little movement as it as and the way he's playing (and the team in general on the PP) they don't need someone who just parks himself in front of the net.  If the PP was clicking and everyone else was contributing than that skill set he brings (essentially tough to move) would be worth having him in there. Results dictate change or no change and based on the PP results and Lucic's play in general changing him off the 1st PP unit doesn't seem like the worst idea. What's the worst that happens? It doesn't work.  Okay.  It's not working now. At least trying something different might lead to different results.

Maybe taking Lucic off the #1 PP line won't solve their problems.  But you know what, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is one definition of insanity.

Also the rebuttals of Kaberle is great because we won the cup and Lucic isn't underperforming we won the cup from these so called "hockey experts" is laughable.

Sometimes teams win in spite of flaws.  Kaberle lead Bruins d-men in points in the playoffs but look he was up against on our team.  Also Nic Lidstrom scored 8 points in just 11 playoff games compared to Kaberle's 11 points in 25 games. I'm not comparing Kaberle to Lidstrom but if someone is going to defend the Kaberle trade as being good and Lucic's play in the playoffs last year and his play this year as being good, well lets try to view the truth's across the board.

I don't judge my hockey knowledge based on what a bunch of faceless strangers opinions and number of posts.  Anyone who does probably needs to get a girl friend.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Well since Fluto said it, it must be true. Seriously.........your gonna quote Fluto and try to pass it off as fact. Funny stuff.

Not quoting Fluto dummy.  The quote is from Bruins, Fluto just reporting it. 

I'm sure if Fluto was making that up the Bruins PR Department or Mangaement might have something to say about now.  Now if you reported no one would question it including Bruins managmeent because weren't you annoited the all knowing Hockey God by Losers Who Like Hockey Monthly?  

Just because Bruins Coaching or Management sees Lucic  trying to be something he is not and they want him to get back to be the player he used to be doesn't mean it's true.

Why?  Well you don't agree with it.  That makes sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

This team has 10 goals this year

Marchand and Peverly have half of them 

5 other bruins who are apparently living up to their contarcts have lit up the NHL for 1 goal

Bergeron 0
    Chara 0
    Seidenberg 0
    Boychuk 0
    Corvo 0
    Pouliot 0
    Campbell 0
    Caron 0
    Thronton 0

Lucic 0

Where's the grief for all the others ...Bergeron gets paid more than Lucic, plays big minutes -gets zero abuse

There isn't a GM in the league who wouldn't take Milan Lucic for his current contract -

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]This team has 10 goals this year Marchand and Peverly have half of them  5 other bruins who are apparently living up to their contarcts have lit up the NHL for 1 goal Bergeron 0 Chara 0 Seidenberg 0 Boychuk 0 Corvo 0 Pouliot 0 Campbell 0 Caron 0 Thronton 0 Lucic 0 Where's the grief for all the others ...Bergeron gets paid more than Lucic, plays big minutes -gets zero abuse There isn't a GM in the league who wouldn't take Milan Lucic for his current contract -
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

The whole team is struggling this year not just Lucic.  However if you're gonna compare Lucic to Bergeron that's not a fair comparison because when Bergeron issn't scroing he's a complete two way player, that kills penalties, wins draws, etc...

Lucic isn't just struggling this year he was terrible in last year's playoffs. And unlike Bergeron when he isn't scoring he provides absolutley nothing to the team. He used to when he'd hit something, fight and intimidate other players but that Lucic is on the back of a milk carton because he's been missing for a while.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Not quoting Fluto dummy.  The quote is from Bruins, Fluto just reporting it.  I'm sure if Fluto was making that up the Bruins PR Department or Mangaement might have something to say about now.  Now if you reported no one would question it including Bruins managmeent because weren't you annoited the all knowing Hockey God by Losers Who Like Hockey Monthly?   Just because Bruins Coaching or Management sees Lucic  trying to be something he is not and they want him to get back to be the player he used to be doesn't mean it's true. Why?  Well you don't agree with it.  That makes sense.
    Yeah sure, the Bruins get up in arms everytime a reporter says something wrong/stupid.  Bottom line is you started a thread proclaiming Lucic to be an overpaid bum who's resting on his new contract. It's been pointed out to you in many different ways that the numbers don't support you're claims. You're only retort is to proclaim all who disagree to be idiots and fools yet you've backed nothing up. Maybe the kids in your middle school will allow you to win a debate by name calling but it generally doesn't fly when dealing with adults.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : The whole team is struggling this year not just Lucic.  However if you're gonna compare Lucic to Bergeron that's not a fair comparison because when Bergeron issn't scroing he's a complete two way player, that kills penalties, wins draws, etc... Lucic isn't just struggling this year he was terrible in last year's playoffs. And unlike Bergeron when he isn't scoring he provides absolutley nothing to the team. He used to when he'd hit something, fight and intimidate other players but that Lucic is on the back of a milk carton because he's been missing for a while.
    Lucic led the Bruins in hits in the regular season AND PLAYOFFS.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]This team has 10 goals this year Marchand and Peverly have half of them  5 other bruins who are apparently living up to their contarcts have lit up the NHL for 1 goal Bergeron 0 Chara 0 Seidenberg 0 Boychuk 0 Corvo 0 Pouliot 0 Campbell 0 Caron 0 Thronton 0 Lucic 0 Where's the grief for all the others ...Bergeron gets paid more than Lucic, plays big minutes -gets zero abuse There isn't a GM in the league who wouldn't take Milan Lucic for his current contract -
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

at least thornton is living up to my expectations.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : at least thornton is living up to my expectations.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    Did you mean down to your expectations?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Did you mean down to your expectations?

yeah, i guess.  i haven't been spending too much time on here lately and i remember why i got sick of it.  i guess the honeymoon period is officially over.  the b's are 2-4, what a bunch of useless bums.  there's another thread talking about the b's lack of offence.  it's like deja vu all over again.  let's fire the coach and trade half the team.