The Nutcracker: Starring Brad Machand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Nutcracker: Starring Brad Machand

Awesome pirouette, Marchand.  Nice job diving and acting like you got shot.

This kid is no Boston Bruin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: The Nutcracker: Starring Brad Machand

Are you totally giving up on him right now or...never mind he just scored.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The nutckraker just scored!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Of course he scored, but I am happy that I posted that before he did.  Diving is not Boston Bruins hockey.  It's Hab style hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I know what you mean but Philly has a lot of players like that and they went to the final last year!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: The Nutcracker: Starring Brad Machand:
    [QUOTE]I know what you mean but Philly has a lot of players like that and they went to the final last year!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

Is that the type of hockey you want to watch, to be proud of?  If they were to score on powerplays that came from dives, would you be happy?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Lot's of players embellish calls.  I wouldn't call Marchand an especially bad diver.  I like what he brings to the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Oh, the horror...#20 on the season and a PPG & GWG to boot!  My new little binky saves the day, way to go Marchand!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

We think we see a lot sitting on our couches looking at the angles the cameraman gives us... maybe, just maybe, there was something more to it (just playing Devil's advocate for the guy who just scored!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

This kid is finding his way.  He had a 'La Bohème' moment, but so what.  He'll learn the Bruins way soon enough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Relax.  Give the kid some time to mature.  Like it or not agitators can be quite effective in this league, especially if they can score a little.  He serves a good purpose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Brad was just doing his Carcillo impersonation that's all...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Relax.  Give the kid some time to mature.  Like it or not agitators can be quite effective in this league, especially if they can score a little.  He serves a good purpose.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

I'm trying!  I just can't stand dirty play (elbow to the head) and diving (as seen tonight).  I am hoping that he can distance himself from this sort of stuff in the future.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Nutcracker: Starring Brad Machand : I'm trying!  I just can't stand dirty play (elbow to the head) and diving (as seen tonight).  I am hoping that he can distance himself from this sort of stuff in the future.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Agreed, be patient with him. I saw an interview with him just after the season started in which he admitted he needed to find the right balance as he didn't want his teammates having to answer for him.  I think he gets it, he just forgets sometimes.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

the only excuse I am gonna give him is age.  PK plays the same way and we all know how we hate watching it from the other end.

i have been calling out his cheap stuff since january.  i will give him some time but I hate watching that kinda stuff...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good post Scooter "be patient" cause I think Marchand still has a little of "The Q" still in him where that was tolerated or veterans didn't take him aside "Hey we don't do that here".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Nutcracker: Starring Brad Machand : Agreed, be patient with him. I saw an interview with him just after the season started in which he admitted he needed to find the right balance as he didn't want his teammates having to answer for him.  I think he gets it, he just forgets sometimes.   
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    I thought he did a great job with the balancing act tonight.He gets under the opponents skin and then scores the winning goal.He always skates hard and finishes his checks.......and when the other team is thinking about getting that little prickk Marchand,they might be forgetting about Bergeron and Recchi.Add to that,Marchand is a fellow Maritimer so I love the little basterd.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dez,

he had a silver spoon coming outta his crapfactory growing up in bedford.  he had a terrible rep playing in halifax with the mooseheads. 

Did you watch UNB win its 4th trophy.  great turnout all weekend.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

[QUOTE]dez, he had a silver spoon coming outta his crapfactory growing up in bedford.  he had a terrible rep playing in halifax with the mooseheads.  Did you watch UNB win its 4th trophy.  great turnout all weekend.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

haha screw UNB
    All ways like how Machand played beside the dirty hits. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]dez, he had a silver spoon coming outta his crapfactory growing up in bedford.  he had a terrible rep playing in halifax with the mooseheads.  Did you watch UNB win its 4th trophy.  great turnout all weekend.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Congrats on your alma mater winning.I know of Marchand's rep in Halifax but you know me,I've got a soft spot for the Bruins.I'll be going to Halifax for a hockey tournament on April 15.We're raising money for the Heart and stroke foundation and whatever team raises the most money gets 1st pick in a draft of former NHL players to have them join your team for the weekend.Bourque,Middleton,O'Reilly,Marcel Dionne,Park and many others will be in the tournament.The draft is on a Friday night during playoffs so I'm almost as excited to watch a Boston/Montreal playoff game with these guys as I am to play hockey with them.I've been giddy since I got the tourney invite.It should be awesome.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

Why so much criticism?

Is he an angel? No. Is Lucic? No. He's a young player that made it to this level in part of his skill at agitation.

Yeah, sometimes its a bonehead elbow, or stupid yapping, or trying to draw a penalty.

But this holy than thou, is this what you want a bruin player to be... get over it. It's not a big deal. It only becomes a big deal if he cronically illegally injures players, or continually takes foolish penalties, or does a Ribiero every time someone brushes him.

Lay off already.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Marchand can play edgy not douchey hockey and be very effective.  He did it for three and a half months and played his way up two lines.  He's been a bit of a punk for the last couple of months - roughly coinciding with his scoring slump.  That's no coincidence, and it gives the lie to the idea that he's useful as an "agitator" - he's more useful as a hockey player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

put the bear on him... there is definately a legacy to uphold here...

the canadiens are ruining hockey...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand can play edgy not douchey hockey and be very effective.  He did it for three and a half months and played his way up two lines.  He's been a bit of a punk for the last couple of months - roughly coinciding with his scoring slump.  That's no coincidence, and it gives the lie to the idea that he's useful as an "agitator" - he's more useful as a hockey player.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Let's see if he realizes that. Also agree he got more chippy when the goals were not coming.   It must be how he shows his frustration.