Re: The Phaneuf Incident

In response to jaymiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WOW !!!

the little weasel's luck has run out with this one ~

another angle

http://twitpic.com/do2qj6

[/QUOTE]

IF that's not a penalty and a suspension than I don't know what is,and Miller had the puck there was a delayed penalty where was the whistle?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There was no penalty called on the ice so i'm sure the argument will be that it was a clean hit. We will now call this the "Colin Cambell logic". That is what is being used for the Orpik hit on Eriksson being clean.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

I think it's time for Bobby Robins (take your pick who comes out)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tiazac. Show tiazac's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jaymiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WOW !!!

the little weasel's luck has run out with this one ~

another angle

http://twitpic.com/do2qj6

[/QUOTE]

IF that's not a penalty and a suspension than I don't know what is,and Miller had the puck there was a delayed penalty where was the whistle?

[/QUOTE]
    For sure.  I think a suspension will result.  Hope Miller is okay

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to tiazac's comment:

I don't have as much confidence in Shanny.

Thornton knows what to do next time we play Toronto.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tiazac's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't have as much confidence in Shanny.

Thornton knows what to do next time we play Toronto.

[/QUOTE]

Yep old west justice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Third game in a row opponents have illegally and most likely intentionally injured at least one Bruin player. I've seen this simplistic "hockey play" justification versus Thornton's barbarism but I differ; these plays were all equally barbaric but because of the concept of plausible deniability, a punk like Phaneuf or Neal can say, hey I was just making a play. No, a play was when Luche stickhandled and then skated by Phanfeuf to set up Iggy's goal - that's a hockey play - ramming someone's head into the dasher from fast skating start is not hockey - it's barbarism. At least Thornton is not a hypocrite.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to futbal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Third game in a row opponents have illegally and most likely intentionally injured at least one Bruin player. I've seen this simplistic "hockey play" justification versus Thornton's barbarism but I differ; these plays were all equally barbaric but because of the concept of plausible deniability, a punk like Phaneuf or Neal can say, hey I was just making a play. No, a play was when Luche stickhandled and then skated by Phanfeuf to set up Iggy's goal - that's a hockey play - ramming someone's head into the dasher from fast skating start is not hockey - it's barbarism. At least Thornton is not a hypocrit.

[/QUOTE]

Chara, Looch or Marchand would never get away with this stuff...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

That was disgusting , suspension worthy ...I sure as fawk hope so

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

Third game in a row opponents have illegally and most likely intentionally injured at least one Bruin player. I've seen this simplistic "hockey play" justification versus Thornton's barbarism but I differ; these plays were all equally barbaric but because of the concept of plausible deniability, a punk like Phaneuf or Neal can say, hey I was just making a play. No, a play was when Luche stickhandled and then skated by Phanfeuf to set up Iggy's goal - that's a hockey play - ramming someone's head into the dasher from fast skating start is not hockey - it's barbarism. At least Thornton is not a hypocrite.

[/QUOTE]

Well put futbal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The biggest problem I have with it is that the intent to destroy is very clear.  Watch his skates.  He's slowing down upon approach, but as the truly prepares for the check, he releases the brakes and plows forward.

I've been laughing and crying at the calls about the refs and the league suspensions, but if this doesn't earn Phaneuf five games, I'll join the fray.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Phaneufs says "yeah I turned into him by accident"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For the click impaired:

GIF: Another angle of the awful Phaneuf hit, which went uncalled

Be sure not to miss the spin-o-rama chop by Clarkson.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Clarkson was going for the puck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Ugh.  Watching that again, I can't help but think Miller was lucky he could move his limbs after the hit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Phaneuf hit is a dirty hit.

What the heck is he even doing down there?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Where is the outrage for the Clarkson slash? 

People get upset that dirty plays which don't end in major injury don't get calls, yet Dupuis on Kelly has it's own thread while I'm the only one talking about the Clarkson two handed chop!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clarkson was going for the puck.

[/QUOTE]

That cracked me up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

If you want to take hits like this from the game start clipping guys w/ automatic 10 gm suspensions and go from there. 2 or 3 gms is no deterrent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Third game in a row opponents have illegally and most likely intentionally injured at least one Bruin player. I've seen this simplistic "hockey play" justification versus Thornton's barbarism but I differ; these plays were all equally barbaric but because of the concept of plausible deniability, a punk like Phaneuf or Neal can say, hey I was just making a play. No, a play was when Luche stickhandled and then skated by Phanfeuf to set up Iggy's goal - that's a hockey play - ramming someone's head into the dasher from fast skating start is not hockey - it's barbarism. At least Thornton is not a hypocrit.

[/QUOTE]

Chara, Looch or Marchand would never get away with this stuff...

[/QUOTE]

No player should.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Paciorrety, as much as I can't stand him, was making a hockey play.

Brook Orpik, went for a big hit on Eriksson and caught some of the head. I do think it was worth a minor penalty, but I dont think theyre was any intent to injure.

Dion Phaneuf, throws a dirty hit. Had plenty of time to stop or let up, instead he seems to lunge himself forward into Miller.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dion Phaneuf, throws a dirty hit. Had plenty of time to stop or let up, instead he seems to lunge himself forward into Miller.

[/QUOTE]

And to be very clear for those who don't understand hockey or checking in hockey:

Lunging forward isn't a penalty.  People were calling Orpik's hit dirty because he lunged forward.  That's not dirty.  However, in this case, it does show intent.  (There was never a question of intent on the Orpik hit.)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Miller must feel a little bad that no one on the team went after Phaneuf.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For the click impaired:

GIF: Another angle of the awful Phaneuf hit, which went uncalled

Be sure not to miss the spin-o-rama chop by Clarkson.

[/QUOTE]

So doesn't Miller have possesion of the puck,delayed penalty comming so the play is dead,so what reason is there for any kind of hit,and don't think there was a whistle.