The slightly less rookie D

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The slightly less rookie D

There's lots of (justifiable!) love being piled on Krug.  How about that other rookie, Bartkowski?  I missed most of the last game, and have to admit I've had a tough time picking him out when he's on the ice.

How well has he been playing?

Pittsburgh has those two scoring lines.  Chara-Seidenberg will get a lot of time against one, plus some time against he other.  As the lineup stands now, the remainder of that time will be handled by Bartkowski-Boychuk.  Alternatively, Boychuk and Seidenberg could switch.  It'll be interesting to see what Julien does.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: The slightly less rookie D

I'm hearing this:

Chara Seidenberg

Boychuck Ference

Krug McQuaid

...Thats just what I heard 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I have to admit other than a few plays here and there, Bartkowski doesn't stick out to me either. He seems like a depth kinda player to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He's exactly the type of D you don't want to stick out - it means he's doing his job. I think he's aiming for Mark Stuart's old job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Ference skated on his own over the weekend. As of last Saturday, Ference was wearing a walking boot on his left foot.

No changes to the lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Jaromir Jagr
    Rich Peverley-Chris Kelly-Tyler Seguin
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
    Jay Pandolfo-Carl Soderberg-Kaspars Daugavins

Zdeno Chara-Dennis Seidenberg
    Matt Bartkowski-Johnny Boychuk
    Torey Krug-Adam McQuaid
    Wade Redden-Dougie Hamilton
    Andrew Ference-Aaron Johnson

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin"

As of today there are no changes. I don't see Ference making it back to the lineup anytime soon. Bartkowski should keep his spot even if AF returns to 100% health.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to red75's comment:

He's exactly the type of D you don't want to stick out - it means he's doing his job. I think he's aiming for Mark Stuart's old job.

you stole my post red. isn't a d-man you don't notice... a good thing? yeah he may not be lighting up the scoreboard, but he's not making mistakes that cost them either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

To clarify - I wasn't sure if my not noticing him was a result of what Red and adk mention... or because I'm generally watching on a terrible feed, and I'm not familiar enough with his number or frame to pick him out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'll be shocked barring an injury, or the 2 rooks mess up a lot we even see Redden, or Ference back in these play-offs. As strange as it sounds these two have made the B's transition game 2x faster than it was before. I think for at least a game the B's will surprise the opposition with this. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I'll be shocked barring an injury, or the 2 rooks mess up a lot we even see Redden, or Ference back in these play-offs. As strange as it sounds these two have made the B's transition game 2x faster than it was before. I think for at least a game the B's will surprise the opposition with this. 

I agree that Bart and Krug should play, but I have my doubts that Julien does.

If I have to choose, Id rather see Krug stay out there because we dont have anyone similar to him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Bark has looked good skating the puck out of the zone and didn't have any massive lapses in the games I watched.

A 100% healthy Ference would probably get the nod over Bark due to experience but I'm 100% fine with Bark starting.

If Hamilton was a left shot, I would think he might start over Bark but age and experience for Bark might put him over the top.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Bark has looked good skating the puck out of the zone and didn't have any massive lapses in the games I watched.

A 100% healthy Ference would probably get the nod over Bark due to experience but I'm 100% fine with Bark starting.

If Hamilton was a left shot, I would think he might start over Bark but age and experience for Bark might put him over the top.

Agree with this.  Ference has played 110 career playoff games to Bartkowski's 7 & Krug's 5.  Ference's career playoff games is 2nd among B's d-men only to Chara (119) and nearly twice as many games as Seidenberg & Boychuk.  Hard to imagine CJ leaving that kind of experience in the press-box as they goes deeper into the playoffs.

Really good "problem" for CJ to have once Ference is healthy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The really great thing is that the Bruins defense is 9 (10, if you counted Johnson) deep.

Certainly better than having to suit up Mottau in the playoffs...this is a wonderful problem to have.

Their defense is a heck of a lot deeper than the Pen's.