The Southeast

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The Southeast

Looked at the standings...

Really now, that division is just terrible. B's have 14 more points and trail the Caps in the standings.

99.99% sure the Caps will win it, but it's 3rd place or out of the playoffs entirely??? Jeez, what a joke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: The Southeast

I wouldn't be so sure that the Caps will win it, if the Jets get their heads out of their butts.

If being in that brutal division gives the Jets a playoff spot, I'll take it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

Looked at the standings...

Really now, that division is just terrible. B's have 14 more points and trail the Caps in the standings.

99.99% sure the Caps will win it, but it's 3rd place or out of the playoffs entirely??? Jeez, what a joke.

I think the old format of top 16 would be nice.  Get to see different teams.  Or 4 divs for rival matchups.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I wouldn't be so sure that the Caps will win it, if the Jets get their heads out of their butts.

If being in that brutal division gives the Jets a playoff spot, I'll take it.

Caps have 2gms in hand and play florida.  Caps likely are more worried about tampa.  Caps are rolling right now, healthy, competitive, great goal tending, stars being stars, role players being role players.   caps are my pick to get in.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well they are going to the rival matchups next year, and with the Jets being in with the Hawks, Blues, Wild et al next year, they better get in this season because they may not have another chance for a while.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Well they are going to the rival matchups next year, and with the Jets being in with the Hawks, Blues, Wild et al next year, they better get in this season because they may not have another chance for a while.

Red, they are a bad team.  Jets fans deserve better.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Tell me something I don't know. ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tell me something I don't know. ;)

So close to the playoffs, yet in striking distance of a top 3 pick.  Id rather have the pick.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'd be fine with a high pick, but my reason for wanting them to make it is that I haven't seen a real Whiteout in 17 years. Even if they get swept out in four it would be worth it just to see that again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'd love to see the Jets get it but lets face it the Caps are the better team, Stranger things have happened.

It is all the more reason that the B's really need to win the division. To have to lose home ice in the second round because of the sisters of mercy would be tragic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY51pYKWDs8

This is why I want them to sneak in, even though the pick would be better in the longrun.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

I'd love to see the Jets get it but lets face it the Caps are the better team, Stranger things have happened.

It is all the more reason that the B's really need to win the division. To have to lose home ice in the second round because of the sisters of mercy would be tragic.

OB, I'm not so sure that's true once you take the goaltending into account. I'd say the Jets are well ahead of the Caps in goal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The Southeast is weak no question. But there have always been weak divisions no matter the structure. Remember the old Norris division back in the 80's?

Maybe one day the B's will be in the same situation as the Caps....

By the way, sorry Red but the Jets seem to be running out of gas down the stretch. My guess is the Caps will take the division.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

The Southeast is weak no question. But there have always been weak divisions no matter the structure. Remember the old Norris division back in the 80's?

Maybe one day the B's will be in the same situation as the Caps....

By the way, sorry Red but the Jets seem to be running out of gas down the stretch. My guess is the Caps will take the division.

With the way they've been playing lately I tend to agree, but I'm holding out hope until the math says otherwise. I want my Whiteout back. The current crop of fans are even crazier than the ones when I was a kid. It'd be something to see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

They're still a couple of pieces away but soon enough....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Not entirely sold on that, Dez. I like him, but I know that Pavelec (.902 - 2.88) has been ridden like a rented mule. Holtby (.915 - 2.69) has been playing really well. The numbers back up that Holtby is legit, and there is no denying that for the past 2 weeks the teams are headed in opposite directions. Would love to see the Jets right the ship but I don't think they've got a finishing kick.

...and I understand that the 3rd seed can have a lesser record and grab the higher seed but the disparity this in particular year is amazing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Back in third - let's see how long they can hold it.