Then they woke up...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Then they woke up...

2011 Bruins did not end the season well, and bombed in the first two playoff games. Then they woke up.

Final game 3 - Down 2 games to 0, they lose Horton for the series. Then they woke up.

2011-12, Bruins stink out the joint in the first ten games. Then they woke up.

2012, Bruins ending the season badly again, playoffs coming up. Soon they will wake up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Then they woke up...

I hope you're right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think you're probably right Wheat. People get too hung up with what is happening right at the moment. It's easy to forget the many moments of tension that went with that win last year because the ending was just right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

They're capable of turning the ship around, but *THEY* need to believe they can.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Wheatthins is one of the sunshine pumpers. Reality is that the Bruins are not a talented enough team to overcome injuries and mediocre goaltending (not to mention an average talent base, especially on defense). I admire the diehards who remain upbeat despite all the evidence to the contrary, but clicking your heels together ain't gonna make it happen this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Then they woke up...:
    [QUOTE]Wheatthins is one of the sunshine pumpers. Reality is that the Bruins are not a talented enough team to overcome injuries and mediocre goaltending (not to mention an average talent base, especially on defense). I admire the diehards who remain upbeat despite all the evidence to the contrary, but clicking your heels together ain't gonna make it happen this year.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]
    So how do you explain going 29-7-2 over three months?  That's almost half the season.

The talent base to be dominant is definitely there.  They are playing miserably now, well below their capabilities.  Can they get their act back together?  The only way to find out is wait and see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Good post Wheat , lets keep this fan base more postive.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Then they woke up...:
    [QUOTE]2011 Bruins did not end the season well, and bombed in the first two playoff games. Then they woke up. Final game 3 - Down 2 games to 0, they lose Horton for the series. Then they woke up. 2011-12, Bruins stink out the joint in the first ten games. Then they woke up. 2012, Bruins ending the season badly again, playoffs coming up. Soon they will wake up.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's almost Spring time. The bears will becomming out of hibernation any time now and will be extra hungry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

good thoughts Wheat. Last night  was difficult to follow as it appeared that the Bruins were pressing in the offensive zone, then a defensive mistake, and a goal against. They sucked it up, charged forward again, another blip and they were down two goals. At that point they sagged a bit, but Bergeron's line picked up the pace, then, another defensive mistake, some poor outlet passes, down another goal. The Panthers kept on working on limiting Timmy's space, crowding Timmy, no response from Chara, Seids, and now down 4 goals. The Bruins came out in the second and again forced the play in the offensive zone and finally scored. Still upbeat, but Timmy is no longer Timmy. and so it went. Craig Ramsey used his veteran D, and his newbie D to limit clean scoring chances. That's what he did when he coached for the bruins, and that's what he did last night. In addition, he helped to build Claude's defense, and knew how to dismantle it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

...then, another defensive mistake, some poor outlet passes, down another goal. The Panthers kept on working on limiting Timmy's space, crowding Timmy, no response from Chara, Seids, and now down 4 goals. Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

bogie - You identified what was once a Bruin strength.  Now it's a liability.  The club will be pointed in the right direction again once the uncharacteristic errors from the back end get sorted. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

I hope you're all right - it would be a real shame to fold early, especially after last year's excitement.  I think they'll get it turned around and a good effort tomorrow would be a real positive.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Wheatthins is one of the sunshine pumpers. Reality is that the Bruins are not a talented enough team to overcome injuries and mediocre goaltending (not to mention an average talent base, especially on defense). I admire the diehards who remain upbeat despite all the evidence to the contrary, but clicking your heels together ain't gonna make it happen this year.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

and the answer is, the truth lies somewhere in between.
    The talent was spread out pretty well on this team and the golatending was superb.

It was a winning ticket for the cup and earlier this season.

Mess up that formula with injuries, no depth in the minors, your starting goalie off par, your backup goalie hurt, your #1 in the minors hurt - and this is what you have, and what you've seen in the last few weeks.

They need to get guys back in the lineup.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I had a dream last night.

I was driving to work down I95, only I missed my exit. I kept going and for some reason went into a bar. The bartender told me about his $200 whiskey challenge, he bet me that I couldn't drink an entire cup of some special edition crown royal. If I failed I owed him $200 if I succeded it was free.

I asked him to show me the cup and he obliged. It was no bigger than a dixie cup, so I agreed to his challenge. Only after I agreed he showed me that the cup was actually like one of those russian doll things and he split it up into about 20 different cups and proceded to empty the entire bottle into each cup. At this point I knew I was screwed, I could drink a whole bottle but I knew that I would get sick from drinking too much.

My answer?? Hot sauce, for some reason I put hotsauce in each cup of whiskey and drank them 1 at a timel, this amazed all the other patrons and my plan worked perfectly. Then just before I finished the last cup, I woke up....

And NESN was still on, showing highlights of that bruins game. My fantastic dream ruined by a real life nightmare.

THEY BETTER FREAKIN WAKE UP SOON!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

The Bruins wakeup tomorrow.  I see looch with a couple and a huge beatdown on hair  Hartnelly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins wakeup tomorrow.  I see looch with a couple and a huge beatdown on hair  Hartnelly.
    Posted by grizzlybear69[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Hartnell would never go with Lucic. But would I ever LOVE to see that happen.

Who knows, we might get to see Thomas get  few shots on him, he tends to enjoy running the goalie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

It is quite possible they will wake up. They look tired and uninterested lately, a long playoff run in the previous year will do that. They just need to make the playoffs and they have a chance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

I agree Jay.  They're the only team to play three seven-game series and win the Cup - and that was in June.  That's a lot of intense hockey at the end of a grueling season and they have reason to be tired.  They're a proud group and last year showed that - I predict that they show up tomorrow and beat the Flyers to begin to turn things around.  Make the playoffs, get Peverley back, and let experience and adrenalin take over.  Fingers crossed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]I agree Jay.  They're the only team to play three seven-game series and win the Cup - and that was in June.  That's a lot of intense hockey at the end of a grueling season and they have reason to be tired.  They're a proud group and last year showed that - I predict that they show up tomorrow and beat the Flyers to begin to turn things around.  Make the playoffs, get Peverley back, and let experience and adrenalin take over.  Fingers crossed.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I think they were on autopilot in November and December, locked into CJ's system which worked spectacularly for a time. Then the injuries hit and other teams began to adjust to CJ's system. The B's coaches and team need to recalibrate, adjust themselves to this, and get locked into a new routine.

Hopefully this happens tomorrow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Well, let's see if being in 7th wakes them up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Well, let's see if being in 7th wakes them up.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Remember Doc they still have 2 games in hand....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Then they woke up... : Remember Doc they still have 2 games in hand....
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]
    I know.  I still think they should take this as a slap in the face.  No more dilly-dallying or hoity-toity.  The Senators are too close to count on games in hand.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Then they woke up... : I know.  I still think they should take this as a slap in the face.  No more dilly-dallying or hoity-toity.  The Senators are too close to count on games in hand.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I agee with you. I see the Bruins as the students in my seminars, all the talent in the world but procrastinate to the point of insanity only to give it their all in the end for the desired result.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm encouraged by Caron... but little else right now. If Caron keeps going on a point a game pace and our D rights itself, well then maybe we can make the playoffs (maybe even get past the first round.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]I'm encouraged by Caron... but little else right now. If Caron keeps going on a point a game pace and our D rights itself, well then maybe we can make the playoffs (maybe even get past the first round.)
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

From when to when has Caron been a pt per game player?