"there looking for the exit wound!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

"there looking for the exit wound!"

Jack Edwards after Boychuk drills one into Lehner.......only Jack could come up with this, he,s priceless!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re:

to be fair, that blast did stun Lehner even thru all the armor!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re:

To my recollection, supposedly, there are no shots that feel heavier then others. I'm wondering if Lehner agrees with this thought.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Re:

“They're” - short for “they are” - not There.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

To my recollection, supposedly, there are no shots that feel heavier then others. I'm wondering if Lehner agrees with this thought.

[/QUOTE]

More crap sniping.  Wow.  You've turned into a troll.

But, that's okay.  I'll play along because you used to be a quality member here.

Explain to me what a heavy shot it.  I say a puck traveled at X speed will have the same impact regardless of the shooter. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Re:

What is heavier, a 16 ounce frozen rubber puck traveling at 100 mph or a 16 ounce frozen feather puck traveling at the same speed? Which one does more damage?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Re:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

More crap sniping.  Wow.  You've turned into a troll.

But, that's okay.  I'll play along because you used to be a quality member here.

Explain to me what a heavy shot it.  I say a puck traveled at X speed will have the same impact regardless of the shooter. 

[/QUOTE]

There was a thread about this a month or so ago. Tough to explain how that perception, heavy shot, has any logic to it. I too think its all about speed. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What is heavier, a 16 ounce frozen rubber puck traveling at 100 mph or a 16 ounce frozen feather puck traveling at the same speed? Which one does more damage?

[/QUOTE]

What's going to do more damage:

a puck traveling 90MPH shot by Boychuk

or

a puck traveling 90MPH shot by Hamilton

or

a puck traveling 90MPH shot by Chara

or

a puck traveling 90MPH shot by Davey

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re:

see Newton's second law... F = m x a

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The force will change the acceleration, which changes the registered MPH, but the mass remains the same.  Upon arrival at the net, a puck travelling at X MPH shot by Player A has the same mass as the puck travelling at X MPH shot by Player B. 

If it's going the same speed and has the same mass, it is illogical to suggest it will have a different impact based on who shot it. 

HOWEVER,

Chowda has thrown his hat in the ring here, so I'll step back and hand the mic to him.  Chowda, let's hear your side of the "heavy shot" theory.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Re:

Not for nothing, but I have read that although the physics remain constant of a shot's a shot, is a shot, more spin on the puck can make a shot SEEM heavier.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not for nothing, but I have read that although the physics remain constant of a shot's a shot, is a shot, more spin on the puck can make a shot SEEM heavier.

[/QUOTE]

Heavier in what respect?  Does that mean it has a greater impact upon arrival?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re:

I have no science whatever to back this up.

This is only my very limited experience in goal.

Some guys shots seem quicker and some guys shots seem harder.

Maybe it was an impression I got from the harder shots - they hit you more often and they quicker shots beat you more often.

Like I said, nothing to back it up.  Some other goalies say the same.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re:

Geez, a heavy shot is a figure of speech, since when did figure of speeches become a debate lol. Drama

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have no science whatever to back this up.

This is only my very limited experience in goal.

Some guys shots seem quicker and some guys shots seem harder.

Maybe it was an impression I got from the harder shots - they hit you more often and they quicker shots beat you more often.

Like I said, nothing to back it up.  Some other goalies say the same.

[/QUOTE]

If they are travelling faster, they are.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

Upon further thought, I will agree that a shot arriving with a faster spin will have a different impact than one with a slower spin.  If this is what silly hockey people refer to a shot being "heavier", a great mystery has been revealed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The force will change the acceleration, which changes the registered MPH, but the mass remains the same.  Upon arrival at the net, a puck travelling at X MPH shot by Player A has the same mass as the puck travelling at X MPH shot by Player B. 

If it's going the same speed and has the same mass, it is illogical to suggest it will have a different impact based on who shot it. 

HOWEVER,

Chowda has thrown his hat in the ring here, so I'll step back and hand the mic to him.  Chowda, let's hear your side of the "heavy shot" theory.

[/QUOTE]

Stop talking science, this is a hockey discussion. There is no place for the laws of physics here, only cliches.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stop talking science, this is a hockey discussion. There is no place for the laws of physics here, only cliches.

[/QUOTE]

We'll do whatever it takes to help the team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re:

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Geez, a heavy shot is a figure of speech, since when did figure of speeches become a debate lol. Drama

[/QUOTE]

Amen -- Hold on while I try to make contact with my high school physics teacher on Facebook.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

Upon further thought, I will agree that a shot arriving with a faster spin will have a different impact than one with a slower spin.  If this is what silly hockey people refer to a shot being "heavier", a great mystery has been revealed.

[/QUOTE]

At first thought, the spin may sound logically plausible to cause more damage.

But on second thought, at that speed, what's the difference? Spin or no spin.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

to be fair, that blast did stun Lehner even thru all the armor!

[/QUOTE]

I think it was a different shot than the one that stung him by the collarbone. The one Jack said it was one that hit him right in the stomach and he held onto it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re:

I think it has to do with movement of the object,, in this case a puck. The puck comes off some players sticks differently. And for some reason when it happens it's called heavy. Same with pitchers in baseball. I often hear the term "he throws a heavy ball".  Clemens 94 mph fastball is differnet than most others becuase of the movement of the ball. He doesnt throw it straight. Some pitchers, no matter how fast it has a downward motion to it all of the time, thats called a heavy ball.

Some players in hockey same thing. Puck just dips a little bit no matter where they shoot it from. Some pucks just rise a bit. I wonder if we should refer to that as a lighter shot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re:

a heavy shot is very simple. it's a hard low shot that often finds its way through traffic, creates good rebounds and sneaks in five hole a lot. a heavy shot isn't trying to pick a corner, it certainly isn't going bar down. it's a good effective shot that produces a rebound, goal, or a faceoff. all good things. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re:

I agree with the rotation- movement theory.  My daughter is a very competitive softball pitcher as are two of her best friends.  Depending on a rising, straight or sinking fastball the perception is different even at the same velocity. Even the sinking change-up can seem heavier.  In Softball low temps also add to the preceived heaviness, higher temps the reverse.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: