Thomas and Chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

Thomas and Chara

Time to move TT let Tuukka take the starting roll, Chara his value has peaked time to see what teams would offer you in return. Currently close to 5 million in cap space both players would free up an addition 12 mil leaving PC with a total of 17 mil minus players money coming back in the TT and Z moves. In my opinion Z is overated too slow, outlet passes are horrific brings zero value on the PP only time his shot hits the net is in the Skills competition. Hate to see TT go he was the major
     reason why this team won the cup last year. Without expectional goaltending this teams back end is not as good as most people think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Thomas and Chara

And when Chara wins the Norris again this year (not to mention the fact that he has been nominated 5 times) will he still be overrated?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara:
    [QUOTE]And when Chara wins the Norris again this year (not to mention the fact that he has been nominated 5 times) will he still be overrated?
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

He might win the Chuck Norris award.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

heh.....only if he decides to fight more. Interesting idea Mitch but I do not see PC getting rid of Chara any time soon. Just my opinion though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Somehow I think of the two players, PC entertaining offers for Chara is a dead end.  He's about as close to the ultimate dominant defender as there is in the league right now.  His size, strength and ability make him unique.  Even up until last season up here in Toronto one would frequently hear the Sens still hadn't recovered from letting him get away favouring Redden instead.  

I see the present configuration of the PP as bringing zero value to the players given to operate it and not the other way 'round.  I would not doubt you'd be hard-pressed to find GMs in the league who view him as overrated as you suggest. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : He might win the Chuck Norris award.
    Posted by mitchco98[/QUOTE]
    If you can't be factual be funny......oh wait, you missed out there too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]heh.....only if he decides to fight more. Interesting idea Mitch but I do not see PC getting rid of Chara any time soon. Just my opinion though.
    NHL players voted Chara the toughest to play against. Mitchco says he's over rated. Sorry Mitchco but I've got to trust the pros and my eyes on this one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I guess the the question becomes if in some alternative universe or derenged state PC decides to unload Chara then who is going to play the 25 quality minutes a game Z does? The only way this would make sense is if Weber is Chara's replacement. This is the only way and it is highly unlikely to happen. Anything else is a big step backwards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : NHL players voted Chara the toughest to play against. Mitchco says he's over rated. Sorry Mitchco but I've got to trust the pros and my eyes on this one.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

And as jm said earlier, dez the award nominations. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Chara is an incredible athlete. Expect many more good seasons from him.... this is foolish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

[QUOTE]Somehow I think of the two players, PC entertaining offers for Chara is a dead end.  He's about as close to the ultimate dominant defender as there is in the league right now.  His size, strength and ability make him unique.  Even up until last season up here in Toronto one would frequently hear the Sens still hadn't recovered from letting him get away favouring Redden instead.   I see the present configuration of the PP as bringing zero value to the players given to operate it and not the other way 'round.  I would not doubt you'd be hard-pressed to find GMs in the league who view him as overrated as you suggest. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I think more downside than upside given his age and the way the game has changed with hits along the boards and head shots. His physical game has lightened up, there have been alot of great defensmen traded this guy is not  untouchable . I'm listening to offers, players coming back will make this team better for many more years Philly traded Richards and Carter they seem to be doing just fine. Big Z is had very little to do with Boston winning the cup last year, TT's performance in the finals was one for the ages.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : NHL players voted Chara the toughest to play against. Mitchco says he's over rated. Sorry Mitchco but I've got to trust the pros and my eyes on this one.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yah your right trust the pros and seasoned vets,  Steve Yzerman let Mike Smith go for nothing and what was there biggest problem this year Goaltending. Have you seen what he done for Phoenix. That just goes to show you most GM's in this league have no clue and listen to pros like you said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

[QUOTE]I guess the the question becomes if in some alternative universe or derenged state PC decides to unload Chara then who is going to play the 25 quality minutes a game Z does? The only way this would make sense is if Weber is Chara's replacement. This is the only way and it is highly unlikely to happen. Anything else is a big step backwards.

Name me a defensman on Wahington that played 25 quality minutes. This team held the Bruins to 1 goal in 3 of their 4 homes games with Hamirlik and Wideman on the back end. Come playoff time everyone tightens up, speaking of Nashville 9 goals against with 2 studs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : I think more downside than upside given his age and the way the game has changed with hits along the boards and head shots. His physical game has lightened up, there have been alot of great defensmen traded this guy is not  untouchable . I'm listening to offers, players coming back will make this team better for many more years Philly traded Richards and Carter they seem to be doing just fine. Big Z is had very little to do with Boston winning the cup last year, TT's performance in the finals was one for the ages.

mitch - With his superb physical condition I don't see age being a factor just yet.  I can honestly see him still playing at Lidstrom's age because of it.  During the Bruin/Caps series I watched HNIC's intermission panel segment with Ron Maclean, Kelly Hrudy and PJ Stock.  Stock was commenting on the idea that the Pacioretty incident took a little out of Chara. 

He said with his size and strength Chara could be a destroyer if he wanted but felt he wasn't wired that way.  He saw him as doing just enough and mean enough to get the job done without maiming somebody.  I don't know how much legitimacy there is to Stock's theory regarding the effect the Pacioretty accident had on Chara but I suggest to you there may be some validity that Chara does not want to hammer people like say Scott Stevens used to.  Imagine if he did.  A guy his size?

Perhaps anyone could be available for the right price but I think this guy is completely off limits.  No question Thomas was the MVP of the Cup win but I wouldn't be too quick to diminish the contributions of Chara.  What he often does will not show up on the scoresheet - except of the team he's helped to shut down. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : Yah your right trust the pros and seasoned vets,  Steve Yzerman let Mike Smith go for nothing and what was there biggest problem this year Goaltending. Have you seen what he done for Phoenix. That just goes to show you most GM's in this league have no clue and listen to pros like you said.

Mike Smith has attributed his excellent play this year to having former NHL goaltender Sean Burke as his goalie coach.  Perhaps if he had him in TB he'd still be there and the Lightning would have performed better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : mitch - With his superb physical condition I don't see age being a factor just yet.  I can honestly see him still playing at Lidstrom's age because of it.  During the Bruin/Caps series I watched HNIC's intermission panel segment with Ron Maclean, Kelly Hrudy and PJ Stock.  Stock was commenting on the idea that the Pacioretty incident took a little out of Chara.  He said with his size and strength Chara could be a destroyer if he wanted but felt he wasn't wired that way.  He saw him as doing just enough to get the job done.  I don't know how much legitimacy there is to Stock's theory regarding the effect the Pacioretty accident had on Chara but I suggest to you there may be some validity that Chara does not want to hammer people like say Scott Stevens used to.  Perhaps anyone could be available for the right price but I think this guy is completely off limits.  No question Thomas was the MVP of the Cup win but I wouldn't be too quick to diminish the contributions of Chara.  What he often does will not show up on the scoresheet - except of the team he's helped to shut down. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

He looked liked the Statue of Liberty in the first 2 games against Vancouver.
    TT and the Horton hit turned the series around. Paul Coffey and Scott Niedermayer got traded why in Lurch untouchable this team had a poor start to the season and was a. 500 team after January sorry I don't agree with you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : Yah your right trust the pros and seasoned vets,  Steve Yzerman let Mike Smith go for nothing and what was there biggest problem this year Goaltending. Have you seen what he done for Phoenix. That just goes to show you most GM's in this league have no clue and listen to pros like you said.
    Yzerman was also GM of Canada's Gold medal winning Olympic team. The NHL players are just that, the guys who ACTUALLY PLAY AGAINST Chara instead of sitting at home dreaming of how easy it is from the living room. Suggesting that the guys who run teams in the NHL "have no clue" simply because a goalie had a good year after someone else let him go is laughable. So far it's just you and Stanley on this forum who think they know better than the guys who play in and run pro hockey. We figure he's just simple. What's your deal?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Thomas and Chara:
    [QUOTE]Time to move TT let Tuukka take the starting roll, Chara his value has peaked time to see what teams would offer you in return. Currently close to 5 million in cap space both players would free up an addition 12 mil leaving PC with a total of 17 mil minus players money coming back in the TT and Z moves. In my opinion Z is overated too slow, outlet passes are horrific brings zero value on the PP only time his shot hits the net is in the Skills competition. Hate to see TT go he was the major  reason why this team won the cup last year. Without expectional goaltending this teams back end is not as good as most people think.

Your an idiot.

Seriously, an idiot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : He looked liked the Statue of Liberty in the first 2 games against Vancouver. TT and the Horton hit turned the series around. Paul Coffey and Scott Niedermayer got traded why in Lurch untouchable this team had a poor start to the season and was a. 500 team after January sorry I don't agree with you.

mitch - I think Scott Neidermayer has either been a Duck or a Devil in his NHL career and joined Anaheim in '05 as a UFA.  He'd never been traded.  Coffey was traded to the Pens in 1987 because he wanted a contract renegotiation that Sather wouldn't give.  I don't know about his other numerous stops. 

You're inclusion of the Bruins' sluggish start and admittedly inconsistent play for the better part of post-January to March suggests your blaming this on Chara.  The whole team displayed irregular form. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Since we seem to like trading award winning or nominated players let's throw Bergeron in there too!  His value is at an all time high!

Seriously I know I've said I'm against trading Thomas before.  I'm even more against trading Chara (don't even take the Bergeron line remotely serious by the way). 

I think these two guys were the least of our concerns this year.  They weren't flawless but we expect them to be perfect so when they are off their games even a little bit this place goes crazy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

[QUOTE]Time to move TT let Tuukka take the starting roll, Chara his value has peaked time to see what teams would offer you in return. Currently close to 5 million in cap space both players would free up an addition 12 mil leaving PC with a total of 17 mil minus players money coming back in the TT and Z moves. In my opinion Z is overated too slow, outlet passes are horrific brings zero value on the PP only time his shot hits the net is in the Skills competition. Hate to see TT go he was the major  reason why this team won the cup last year. Without expectional goaltending this teams back end is not as good as most people think.

Just a couple of thoughts:

One, you're probably not as old as Chara, and
    Two, he's in better shape now than you'll ever be in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Trade Chara AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Trade Thomas with Rask unsigned AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chara is Bruin Material and he will be good mentor for upcoming D men Hamilton for sample. Chara even quoted that he lightened up on the hitting/fighting cause he realise that he can seriously injured somebody because of his size and pure strength. Chara can still take players out of the gm. without killing them.

Thomas is already signed so keep it simple we have a starting goalie for one year. Unless you want Luongo crazy contract who did play all gms. in the 1st rd. this year LOL. Thomas one Stanley Cup one Conn Smythe the best save % last year. Thomas will redeem himself next year he loves Boston  but Tim may not be big on the political leadership though LOL  Luongo = zero hardware.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

In response to "Re: Thomas and Chara": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : I think more downside than upside given his age and the way the game has changed with hits along the boards and head shots. His physical game has lightened up, there have been alot of great defensmen traded this guy is not  untouchable . I'm listening to offers, players coming back will make this team better for many more years Philly traded Richards and Carter they seem to be doing just fine. Big Z is had very little to do with Boston winning the cup last year, TT's performance in the finals was one for the ages. Posted by mitchco98[/QUOTE] You're listening to offers? When did you become an nhl gm?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Everyone has opinions and arceholes . Some are just stinkier then others. This one reeks.

I'm pretty sure your opinion on Chara is in the minority in the entire hockey world on this one.

Seriously , what the heck are you watching ? Out of all the players on Boston, Chara should be the last player they trade. Forget the offense. He is the most valuable shutdown defenceman in the league. They shouldn't trade him for that reason alone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Many of us dont agree with Mitch's comment about getting rid of Chara and I dont either. I get for a big man like Chara, he doesnt have the quickest first step, but then again, most defensman of size, Dont. Of course your forwards are gonna be quicker and faster, thats just a fact. Anyway, getting rid of chara would be the biggest mistake the B's could make. Yes everyone is tradeable, but it wont happen.

I dont think TT will be going anywhere either, unless the deal brought in a prolific goal scorer, but I dont see that happening. What I do see, is a new deal for Rask and having both goalies on board again sharing time. I think Rask picks up a little more load, maybe another handful of games. If the B's were to unload TT, it would be around the trade deadline to a team that needs goaltending and could make the playoffs or even a team that is out of playoffs. I dont know.