Thomas Embarrassed

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Re: Thomas Embarrassed

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to riptide757's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Timmy is one of the greatest Bruins ever.................All those bashing him are probably Obama lovers..........

[/QUOTE]

He's a Panther.................And Obama is a great president.................And I have a right to say that despite facists like you trying to take it away.................And exactly what thefuckis using 6 sets of ellipses in a row supposed to mean?.................And I get enough politics elsewhere, I really don't want to see it in hockey forums.................

[/QUOTE]

Yea great at creating wide spread poverty.

I rest my case.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

He just thinks he's got plenty of buddies here, 

I doubt that very much

He takes the contrarian side WITH EVERYTHING,

often true

and doesn't care if he looks like a moron in doing so.

not true, doesn't care if he offends people in doing so.

The edit button works for me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would have done the exact same thing Nite, be hard pressed to find a goalie who wouldnt of. My thought process would have been "are you kidding me, a minute left in a 6-1 game and I'm getting a stick across my neck!"....Soderberg, while responsible for his stick did nothing wrong intentionally,100% hockey play and I would bet anyhting TT did not mean to hit him in the head with his stick. TT was down, had to reach up etc..No way he means to hit him in the head, just give him a poke out of fustration...

[/QUOTE]

Sure he knew what he was doing, if he just wanted to get back at Soderberg he could have slashed him on the ankles or the shin pads etc, he didn't, he swung up high to hit Carl in the head/neck area, dangerous play. I imagine it was precipitated by his poor performance and not the triumphant return he envisioned.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really, really hate how the NHL complicates things like this. Soderberg came in with his stick high and it should've been called a minor high sticking penalty. He was tied up with another player and nobody got injured, but it absolutely doesn't matter. He is required to maintain control of his stick and it's a penalty for incidental contact with a high stick. Black and white.

TT retaliated with an intentional hit to the head with his stick and it also should get called (it did), but also be reviewed. Under what circumstances is it legal to knowingly and intentionally hit someone in the head with your stick? Crashing the net, end of game, injury or no injury....it shouldn't matter. The NHL waaaaay overcomplicates these things with the side details.

Player A hit Player B in the neck in a hockey play. High sticking penalty. Player B intentionally hit Player A in the head with his stick in retaliation. Suspension. Why does anything else matter?

[/QUOTE]

Nice post. Exactly the way I saw it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

I rest my case.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah................You are supporting a Panther player who high sticked a Bruin to the side of the head................I rest my case................

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Guys, take the political pillow fight elsewhere. Remember its a hockey forum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Timmy is one of the greatest Bruins ever.................All those bashing him are probably Obama lovers..........

[/QUOTE]

He's a Panther.................And Obama is a great president.................And I have a right to say that despite facists like you trying to take it away.................And exactly what thefuckis using 6 sets of ellipses in a row supposed to mean?.................And I get enough politics elsewhere, I really don't want to see it in hockey forums.................

[/QUOTE]

I rest my case.

[/QUOTE]

ahhhh another dolt brainwashed by fox news. i hope at some point you wake up and join reality. until then, to ignore you go. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lets not turn this into a Rusty versus the world thread or an Obama thread.

Rusty loves his teams, he's harmless and he's actually very entertaining. Killed alot of time at work going back and forth with him, and reading him and NAS going at it. It's priceless. At the end of the day we're all Bruins fans.

Plenty of other threads about politics.

Big game with the Habs coming up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm more 'interested' in his (Thomas') chop to the neck/head area of Soderberg with seconds remaining. Reviewable, I think. He could have really injured Soderberg.

[/QUOTE]

he should be suspended for that although i must say in that situation it is frustrating as heck to take a stick in the head while a guy is trying to score in a blowout game with three seconds on the clock.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"After Carl Soderberg ran into him, Thomas responded by hitting the center in the head with his stick — a move that could get him a call from the league. Soderberg flew to the ice and the Garden exploded with a mix of boos and more derisive chants.

“Soderberg, the play before that, he did a pretty hard jab,” Thomas said. “Then all a sudden the puck’s up in the air, you’re catching it and his stick is in my throat. With less than a minute left in the game and they’re up by four goals, 6-2, I took exception to that.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2014/01/tim_thomas_hears_it_all_from_garden_faithful

He's blaming Soderberg?

Glad he's gone.

I don't like TT, but I can't fault him for defending himself against opposing forwards in or around his crease if his defenseman aren't there doing the job.

[/QUOTE]

Thank You Badhab, because I would've done the exact samething. I think Soderberg is great for playing until the whistle, but if you're going to play that way you should expect a retalation from someone who's frustrated in a 6-2 game that your losing & the other team is trying to get 7 with only 10 seconds left. It's hockey for crying out loud! That's why they call the front of the net "the dirty area" it's where your paying the extra price. 

[/QUOTE]

Expecting to get roughed up a little is one thing. Taking a lumberjack whack to the head from a goalie stick is quite another. Cant defend Thomas on this. Shove him, punch him, whatever, but you really cant be using your stick as a weapon out there, especially in the head area, that can cause some serious damage.

[/QUOTE]

agree here, i have reacted in this manner in similar situations however i never swung my stick like that, that was over the line

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm more 'interested' in his (Thomas') chop to the neck/head area of Soderberg with seconds remaining. Reviewable, I think. He could have really injured Soderberg.

[/QUOTE]

he should be suspended for that although i must say in that situation it is frustrating as heck to take a stick in the head while a guy is trying to score in a blowout game with three seconds on the clock.

[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that, King Carl didn't have to be going for it with seconds remaining, still don't agree with the chop to the head, a good ankle clip would suffice. ;-)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Expecting to get roughed up a little is one thing. Taking a lumberjack whack to the head from a goalie stick is quite another. Cant defend Thomas on this. Shove him, punch him, whatever, but you really cant be using your stick as a weapon out there, especially in the head area, that can cause some serious damage.

[/QUOTE]

A stick to the throat can cause damage too! It's hockey get the fawk over it! He put himself in a dangerous place, which caused his stick to hit Thomas in a dangerous place! He's already pissed off at himself, his team & this guy is playing likes it's game 7 in  OT! Soderberg got what he deserved in that situation. Take your shoulda, coulda, woulda's, pretend their shoes with laces & shove them so far up your behind that the laces come out of your nose! Jeezus what a bunch of fawking babies! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I like the fact that Yeti was still busting his butt until the final buzzer. Thomas was frustrated and reacted. He and his team just got their butts handed to them. His statement after the game was just Thomas being Thomas. He's no longer a Bruin, so screw him. Wonder if he'll move to a contender at the deadline?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can agree with that, King Carl didn't have to be going for it with seconds remaining, still don't agree with the chop to the head, a good ankle clip would suffice. ;-)

[/QUOTE]

I see this team "practicing" at playing whistle to whistle.

Like you have to do in the playoffs where every goal matters, when a goal in the last 3 seconds can save you from going into OT periods.

It's a good thing, they will be in form when they get to the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

A stick to the throat can cause damage too! 

[/QUOTE]

With all that goalie armor on? Come on man. Incidental contact is one thing. What happened to TT in the final seconds of last nights game could happen throughout the course of any game(like you or someone else said, it IS hockey remember?!). TT swung his stick at Soderbergs head. Way different. That is something that should never be in the game. You cant excuse that. If that were Price or Luongo doing that people would want their head on a platter.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to mxt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

" He's no longer a Bruin, so screw him." 

[/QUOTE]

Thats the spirit! I couldn't care less about TT, he's with the Panthers now or any other team that wants to give him a try. Tuukka's the man! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

A stick to the throat can cause damage too! It's hockey get the fawk over it! He put himself in a dangerous place, which caused his stick to hit Thomas in a dangerous place! He's already pissed off at himself, his team & this guy is playing likes it's game 7 in  OT! Soderberg got what he deserved in that situation. Take your shoulda, coulda, woulda's, pretend their shoes with laces & shove them so far up your behind that the laces come out of your nose! Jeezus what a bunch of fawking babies! 

[/QUOTE]
    Thomas was in the wrong. 

"Its hockey get over it" So why does that not apply to your lord and savior Tim Thomas? Hes on the ice, he knows he could get hit, he doesnt have to go swinging for someones head. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Name calling is cute and all but answer the question. Why doesnt the "Its hockey, get over it" mentality apply to Tim Thomas? 

You may wanna read through my posts in this thread, i said i would have no issue with it if he hit him, shoved him, whatever else generally happens during the course of a hockey game. You cant swing your stick at someones head. I have an issue with that. Why does that translate into me being a baby?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

Soderberg got what he deserved! 

[/QUOTE]

Geez Nite, i'd hate to see what would happen to Soderberg if he actually bowled TT over, the guillotine suffice?