Thomas no-show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBrainBrad. Show BigBrainBrad's posts

Re: Thomas no-show

I have said it elswhere, I'll say it here, you salute the rank, not the man.   He should have went.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas no-show:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : you lost ALL credibility when you started with "you liberals..." this is not a dem vs. rep issue. this is a freedom to do as you please issue. a don't tread on me for my beliefs issue. to bad you can't get past conservative-good, liberal-bad thought. simpleton
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

And you lost all credibility when you were silent about THEO sticking it to president Bush! there's more to life than how hard some idiot shoots a freaken puck! and Timmy realizes that proving he actually is the most mature and intelligent guy on the team who just happens to be a conservative American who loves his country! it's no wonder Timmy was the guy who brought home the cup!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

And I'm sick of Corvo too. How dare he and Pouliot not show up....oh, that's right, they weren't invited...:-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : That's what this page needed -- a long partisan political rant with poor grammar and diction... And no, I am neither a liberal nor a Democrat.  Go back to the political ranting forums...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Get a life and stop making a big deal out of nothing!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : And you lost all credibility when you were silent about THEO sticking it to president Bush! there's more to life than how hard some idiot shoots a freaken puck! and Timmy realizes that proving he actually is the most mature and intelligent guy on the team who just happens to be a conservative American who loves his country! it's no wonder Timmy was the guy who brought home the cup!
    Posted by riptide757[/QUOTE]

So it was wrong for Theo, but not for Thomas?  Which is it riptide?

I say both were wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : So it was wrong for Theo, but not for Thomas?  Which is it riptide? I say both were wrong.

I'm not making a big deal out of it. YOU ARE FOOL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Timmy did the right thing PERIOD!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : Get a life and stop making a big deal out of nothing!

Get a life??  Are you serious.  I prefer hockey discussion here, or at least discussion of the merits of what Thomas did yesterday.  Not partisan political rants and name calling (from behind a keyboard).  

You're using exclamation points and insults, while also saying "stop making a big deal out of it."  Familiar with irony?

Settle down cowboy.  Don't be so scared of other viewpoints.  TT wasn't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : I'm not making a big deal out of it. YOU ARE FOOL!

This board needs a minimum age requirement.  You are not big enough to ride the tilt-a-whirl son.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : Get a life??  Are you serious.  I prefer hockey discussion here, or at least discussion of the merits of what Thomas did yesterday.  Not partisan political rants and name calling (from behind a keyboard).   You're using exclamation points and insults, while also saying "stop making a big deal out of it."  Familiar with irony? Settle down cowboy.  Don't be so scared of other viewpoints.  TT wasn't.

Are you serious? the useful idiots turned this into a firestorm not me. how come it wasn't a firestorm when Theo did the same thing? care to explain?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]And I'm sick of Corvo too. How dare he and Pouliot not show up....oh, that's right, they weren't invited...:-)
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

how dare them. trade Corvo and Pouliot NOW !
    I think they even influenced TT ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : Are you serious? the useful idiots turned this into a firestorm not me. how come it wasn't a firestorm when Theo did the same thing? care to explain?

It's a Bruins forum.  Theo doesn't play for the Bruins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : It's a Bruins forum.  Theo doesn't play for the Bruins.

That's the kind of answer i expected. now go kiss Obamas azz!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBrainBrad. Show BigBrainBrad's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : I'm not making a big deal out of it. YOU ARE FOOL!

When one is ridiculing some one by calling them a fool, I find (and now mind you that this is just me) it is best to get what you're are saying to make sense.  May I suggest perhaps YOU ARE A FOOL or maybe YOU ARE THE FOOL something along those lines.  It just gives your argument a little more bite.  Do you know what I mean?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : Are you serious? the useful idiots turned this into a firestorm not me. how come it wasn't a firestorm when Theo did the same thing? care to explain?

This is a bruins forum, so if if people made a big deal about Theo it wouldnt be on here. Go back to the red sox forum and bring it up, or I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find a Cubs forum. In other words, leave.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]I have said it elswhere, I'll say it here, you salute the rank, not the man.   He should have went.
    Posted by BigBrainBrad[/QUOTE]

I salute men and women who have put their lives on the line for this country. Not a man that has never served.

You salute what the man has sacrificed for this country. 

There hasn't been a president worth saluting since George H W Bush.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : So it was wrong for Theo, but not for Thomas?  Which is it riptide? I say both were wrong.
    and i would say neither is right or wrong. they are exercising their right as citizens of this country to express their feelings or beliefs. nothing more, nothing less. why does anyone care what TT's beliefs are? (the president obviously didn't, he complimented TT's play during the playoffs) they are his, and in no way affect anyone else. unless you let them  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBrainBrad. Show BigBrainBrad's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : I salute men and women who have put their lives on the line for this country. Not a man that has never served. You salute what the man has sacrificed for this country.  There hasn't been a president worth saluting since George H W Bush.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

If you had any military training, you would know, the man is your president.  You salute him.  I'm not saying you have to agree with him, but he was elected and you must give him the courtesy that is demanded by the office.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

... and now I am reminded why I don't usually bother with discussing political topics.  A shame, really.  The discussion so far (well, today at least) was interesting and generally well-argued.  It helped me understand my own stance on some things.

Rants about "us" and "them" and talking about groups of people as faceless uniform entities is not so useful.

If true that Epstein's choice didn't cause any reaction, the reason I suspect is pretty easy to explain.  The political climate in this country has travelled another 4 years down the path to ridiculous partisanship.  If Cain were in office and Ference sat out, I think we'd see a pretty similar dialogue going on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

This is a selfish act by Thomas, putting himself ahead of the team and the franchise.  Respect your teammates and the people who pay you millions of dollars and show up.  Don't use this honor as an opportunity to make a pointless and empty political statement.

If Thomas wants to make a political stamement he should donate is salary to a charity or Super Pac of his choice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : Again, your choice of comparable situations puzzles me.  You're comparing someone who envoked his right to religious freedom to allow him to wear a turban to a non-political team photo op at the White House?  Let me reiterate a point that I think everyone agrees with.  The event is NON-POLITICAL.  It has nothing to do with the party affiliation of the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.  It's about the Office of the President honouring the champion of the NHL.  In one case, a guy is willing to put his job on the line for his beliefs.  In the other, a guy posts a rather lame political op-ed on his FB page. TT, in his FB explanation himself, calls his non-attendance 'non-political'.  If that's the case, then why didn't he attend?  If he truly stands up for what he says, why did he take the rather lame route of a FB posting (and stating "this is my last statement on this matter"), rather than calling the press over, immediately after the ceremony, and stating his viewpoint (and facing questions)?  To me, that would have shown the strength of his convictions much more impressively, because it shows that he also values his team greatly.  I think that, if TT was trying to make a point, he failed miserably in his choice of tactics.  He could have been so much more impressive -- as it is, it looks like an amateurish circus sideshow.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    No North. I'm talking about someone who took on all comer's and stood alone for what he believed was his right! Thomas basically did the samething here. His no show was for others who would never get the opportunity to take such a stand! He's used his fame & fortune to standup for those that can't do it in the same manner & OBVIOUSLY make the same impact! Those of you that can't see that Thomas wasn't being selfish at ALL, but he actually was being very unslefish are being closed minded & are too afraid to take a stand by themselves! I always was in his corner & because he was brave enough to do this? I'm even more in his corner! Attaboi TIMMY! You really are a hero! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : If you had any military training, you would know, the man is your president.  You salute him.  I'm not saying you have to agree with him, but he was elected and you must give him the courtesy that is demanded by the office.
    Posted by BigBrainBrad[/QUOTE]

Never served that's why I don't have to follow the military's rule of saluting the president.

I've saluted many privates for their service as they have laid their lives on the line for the country. The president hasn't and don't feel like he is owed or deserves that courtesy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

He sure did stand alone. At home, insulting his organization, his teammates, the league, the US Govt, the President's Office, and anyone who has ever fought for our country.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]This is a selfish act by Thomas, putting himself ahead of the team and the franchise.  Respect your teammates and the people who pay you millions of dollars and show up.  Don't use this honor as an opportunity to make a pointless and empty political statement. If Thomas wants to make a political stamement he should donate is salary to a charity or Super Pac of his choice.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Funny, the man in your avatar didn't show up to the White House either. And he does donate to charity and other political organizations.

TT respects his teammates and employers by doing the best job he can on the ice. I think they're thankful for that more than they are critcal of him for missing a chance to visit the White House.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]This is a selfish act by Thomas, putting himself ahead of the team and the franchise.  Respect your teammates and the people who pay you millions of dollars and show up.  Don't use this honor as an opportunity to make a pointless and empty political statement. If Thomas wants to make a political stamement he should donate is salary to a charity or Super Pac of his choice.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]
    nope...TT put his personal beliefs ahead of a photo op with the president. nothing more nothing less. what ever happened to being tolerant of others beliefs? let it be known i am a supporter of the obama adm., but freedom means more to me than who happens to be in office. sorry that like TT, i also see the president as simply an american citizen who is elected to make tough decisions for our country. should we go back to medieval times where you HAD TO bow to the king? i'd prefer not.  it was his choice, he made it, he'll sleep better at night knowing he didn't HAVE TO compromise his beliefs to placate millions of people that have nothing to do with his life.